What is the first day of the week?

• Sunday

Votes: 26 70.3%
  • Monday

Votes: 11 29.7%
  • Other day

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Sunday is the first day of the calendar week, Monday is the first day of the work week. Just depends on your perspective.

Sunday is the accurate first day of the week, but like your opnion, a lot of people have their own days to start the week, can be either Sunday or Monday... ever weirder if someone says Wednesday! :o

I have alway thought Monday is the first day cos Monday is the start of the working week. But most of the calenders I have shows Sunday as the first day. I have alway thought Sunday is the last day of the week.
I am curious what day do you think is actually the first day?

Same with me, I start off with Monday. ;)

Genesis 1:3 And God said, Let there be light: and there was light. 4 And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness. 5 And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.

Genesis 2:1 Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them. 2 And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made. 3 And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made.

God began creation on the first day (Sunday), and rested on the last day (Saturday, the Sabbath). So every week begins with a Sunday, and ends with a Saturday. That's the established pattern. Of course, most modern Western business weeks begin Monday morning, and end Friday afternoon, so they have a 5-day work week. :)

Jesus arose on Resurrection Sunday, the day after the Sabbath (Saturday).

Matthew 28:1 In the end of the sabbath, as it began to dawn toward the first day of the week, came Mary Magdalene and the other Mary to see the sepulchre.

Mark 16: 1 And when the sabbath was past, Mary Magdalene, and Mary the mother of James, and Salome, had bought sweet spices, that they might come and anoint him. 2 And very early in the morning the first day of the week, they came unto the sepulchre at the rising of the sun.

Mark 16:9 Now when Jesus was risen early the first day of the week, he appeared first to Mary Magdalene, out of whom he had cast seven devils.

Luke 24:1 Now upon the first day of the week, very early in the morning, they came unto the sepulchre, bringing the spices which they had prepared, and certain others with them.

John 20:1 The first day of the week cometh Mary Magdalene early, when it was yet dark, unto the sepulchre, and seeth the stone taken away from the sepulchre.

John 20:19 Then the same day at evening, being the first day of the week, when the doors were shut where the disciples were assembled for fear of the Jews, came Jesus and stood in the midst, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you.

I know by default that Sunday is the first day of the week... But as for typical working days, you could say Monday... but as for my job, Saturday is the first day of the week for scheduling and ending on Friday because we get our paychecks on every other Thursdays instead of Fridays...

Genesis 1:3 And God said, Let there be light: and there was light. 4 And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness. 5 And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.

Genesis 2:1 Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them. 2 And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made. 3 And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made.

God began creation on the first day (Sunday), and rested on the last day (Saturday, the Sabbath). So every week begins with a Sunday, and ends with a Saturday. That's the established pattern. Of course, most modern Western business weeks begin Monday morning, and end Friday afternoon, so they have a 5-day work week. :)

Jesus arose on Resurrection Sunday, the day after the Sabbath (Saturday).

Matthew 28:1 In the end of the sabbath, as it began to dawn toward the first day of the week, came Mary Magdalene and the other Mary to see the sepulchre.

Mark 16: 1 And when the sabbath was past, Mary Magdalene, and Mary the mother of James, and Salome, had bought sweet spices, that they might come and anoint him. 2 And very early in the morning the first day of the week, they came unto the sepulchre at the rising of the sun.

Mark 16:9 Now when Jesus was risen early the first day of the week, he appeared first to Mary Magdalene, out of whom he had cast seven devils.

Luke 24:1 Now upon the first day of the week, very early in the morning, they came unto the sepulchre, bringing the spices which they had prepared, and certain others with them.

John 20:1 The first day of the week cometh Mary Magdalene early, when it was yet dark, unto the sepulchre, and seeth the stone taken away from the sepulchre.

John 20:19 Then the same day at evening, being the first day of the week, when the doors were shut where the disciples were assembled for fear of the Jews, came Jesus and stood in the midst, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you.

Hey Reba.... We (me and my wife) are agree with you about sabbath which is SATURDAY - Amen!!!!!!!!!!!! And i voted Sunday is the first day of the week!!!!!! But we are netural - Not churchgoers at this moment and we believe GOD period!!!!!!!! ;)

Hey Reba.... We (me and my wife) are agree with you about sabbath which is SATURDAY - Amen!!!!!!!!!!!! And i voted Sunday is the first day of the week!!!!!! But we are netural - Not churchgoers at this moment and we believe GOD period!!!!!!!! ;)

To heck with the bible, nemA

:lol:

Just to be clear, I'm not debating religion here. Everyone else is posting their reasons for picking Saturday or Sunday, so I'm doing the same thing. :)

Don't worry, Reba... I understood but I only want to make sure... :)

Yes I know that you are not here to debate but show them... but accord Alex, we should not mention "relgious" issues yet...

Wow.. My bad. I had always assumed that Sunday was the same day of rest via the Bible. Interesting lesson.

Thanks, Reba! It's probably time for me to hit the Bible and read again. *blush* LOL

P.S. I'm a she, alright! ;)

i vote sunday. and i rather vote for friday as its the began of a weekend and i despite sunday

Back