First date advice.....

Sharky99

Reaction score
Umm...this Saturday, I gonna be on a date...first one for me.. hehe.. so I'm nervous...I was wondering if anyone would be wise to impart some advice to me so I would know what to do and what not to do.. anything would be helpful!!! I dont wanna goof up any chance I have..... unless otherwise....

OH there is a 50/50 chance I'll go, depending on the weather.. so.. hopefully that wont be the case!! :fingersx: I really would love to go on that date..it's to a social for a friend of one of my brothers.... so.. might be a good worthy time to do it...

Any advice?? Do tell and I'll read up on it.. hehe.. :angel:

:bump: NS... and i know ur is first time date this sat... I wanna you be urself and think postive.. when you meet this gurl just said *hello and how are you doing?* like get know each other blahblah..Also make sure you treat her as lovely person. I know ur gonna be nervous just keep cool and feel rexlas I m sure you will lotta learn abt relationship in future ;) and GOOD LUCK! :thumb:

here how you should do on date, put on farmer overall on with nice white long sleeve shirt and tie. Then put farmer hay hat on and have one hay stick ready for chew. Dont forget put raisin in one of your tooth to make it look like tooth missing.

JOKING...!!!! :rofl:

here my actual advice: be yourself dont overhumor your date. DONT put too much cologne on (best suggest use baby power and little of cologne to blend the scent)

Shiva....harrr harrrr funny about the farmer guy clothes..ppftt... yeah the cologne thing...hmm good idea.. will have to watch how much I put in..

Panther..thanks.. let's hope it goes well...

Shave one hour before the date.
If you have vision problems, wear contacts instead of glasses.
Wear a neatly pressed shirt.
Bring a wad of $20 bills.
Clean your car - inside and outside

Thank ya, Katzie and Oakbluffs...good advice as well..

Oakbluff..I dont even wear glasses or contacts..so...but still, good advice in the future should I have to deal with glasses and etc... and I gonna be going with my brother and his wife to my date's place and then the 4 of us gonna be at the social..so.. it wont be a problem..unless otherwise... hehe.. :cool:

If you want to kiss her, (preferably on the cheek) you'd better stay the hell away from garlic! :)

:rofl: Katize and sis it's funna!!...

Hey NS make sure act like guy don't act like BE CALVIN *running to hide*

After you open the car door for your lovely date, make sure both of her legs are in the car before you shut it!... :mrgreen:

Make an appointment with your hairdresser for a trim.
Cut your fingernails short and clean.
Polish your shoes.
Not too much jewellery I hate it on men (don't you all Gals agree with me?)
Good luck :)

P.S Turn your nokia mobile cell phone/sidekick off on the day your with her.

Trim your chest hair. Too much hair sticking out from the shirt can be gross!

Give your date your undivided attention.

Make her feel special. Ask her questions about her family, life, and her beliefs, etc.

Dont try to overimpress her. Let her see who you ARE!

But most of all, take a deep breath, take a mint and enjoy yourself!!!!! :thumb:

put $50 in the pocket, just in case.
and make sure you take a condom on you, in case she jumps on you. :P

If there is silent during the nite, just break the ice. Also dont talk to much about yourself. Try to get to know each other that is the only way to get to know each other. Offer her something to drink. Be gentleman. Lot of woman loves that. Like open the door, pulled out the chair, Stand up when she stand up and walk outside the sidewalk. :D Good luck!!

I dont know if you smoke but in case if she doesnt smoke then dont smoke. If you have to then excuse yourself and go outside smoke or dont bother at all. I hate smoker!! Cuz I got asthmsa. :D

Also.. lighting your life up and make the girl laughs.. she would love that.. AND
don't talk anything about your ex gf...

katzie..hahaha funny...good thing I dont even eat baked beans... and well i dont eat a lot of garlic at all.. naw.. rare times.. so.. it wont be a problem.. LOL

Shiva..ppfttt and same to ya, Panther!!! hehe...

Oh yes, Angel...I will make sure of that.. hehe..

Tamara.. good thing I dont even own a cell phone..so .. no need for that as well... and I dont even wear that much jewellery..only my grad ring (which needs to be repaired as well)

Oakbluffs.. I dont even have lots of chest hair..so it wont be a hinderance as well

Meg, that's what I will do... as my sister in law told me I do know my date..so it would be interesting to see how it goes with my date in the last 13 years or so since I suposedly last saw her...

Miss P.. haha condom?? no no..not on the first date... but I doubt it will happen..so.. and I plan on having enough $$$ to cover anything that might arise if so...

Pom.. I dont smoke...so nothing to it as well.. and beside, it annoys me to have to deal with smokers who puff up a lot as well...

Cooliefroggie..I intend to be funnier as a rabid bat out of hell..and hopefully my sense of humor can be a good laugh for my date..hehe..

So..I hope I will be able to go on Saturday...depending on the weather...so I would need a good sunny day or so..some sun and cloud mix would be fine.. I hope so.. hehe..

Back