Fip -

Thank you everyone!
My grieving period has been over for weeks now. I seem to recover a lot faster because I'm used to seeing animals being put to sleep (used to be a vet tech). I still have a lot of love for all cats. :) If I had the money and the space, I would get 30 cats, and they ALL will be well cared for.

I am in the process of getting my first dog. Then after the dog settles in, we will consider of getting another cat or two. :)

I'm sorry for your loss....I know what it's like to put your pet to sleep. I had to put my rabbit of 11 years Jeri to sleep because she was in pain with mites biting into her. It was horrible feeling while holding her, waiting for her to die in my arms as they gave her the shot. But at least she passed away in my arms peacefully. Still, it was awful experience and it's something I wouldn't like to experience again.

but once again, I'm sorry for your loss but at least your cat isn't in pain anymore.

I know this is late, but I did want to say I am sorry for your loss, Lady.

I had 2 dogs and 2 cats that were all 6 months apart in age. In 2004, I lost 3 of them in one year -- one cat to CRF, my black lab to liver hepatitis (spent over $5k on this!), and my golden retriever to gastrointestinal (stomach) cancer. It was a horribly rough year. I lost the 4th pet, my 2nd cat in 2007 to CRF. I know the heartache that comes with losing a pet.

Again, sorry for your loss. Just know your kitten is at peace.

Back