fine art?

travisdoesmath

Reaction score
anybody work in traditional media?

I painted this of my great-grandmother (from a photo) in oils:

92459842_l.jpg

Very nice! You have exceptional talent and have you done many in this manner or you don't have the 'time' that you would like to have in order to do more? It's superbly well done and remarkably very good art! :thumb:

Roadrunner said:
Very nice! You have exceptional talent and have you done many in this manner or you don't have the 'time' that you would like to have in order to do more? It's superbly well done and remarkably very good art! :thumb:

unfortunately I have an overwhelming lack of time, so this is the only one thus far :/ but thank you very much :)

Liebling:-))) said:
wow it's real cool...

which program you have ?

on the computer I mainly use Photoshop and ImageReady (and very rarely, Painter) but that one was done the old fashioned way with a brush and pigment in oils :)

Then I photographed it and scanned the slide, here's a larger copy of it:

Attachments

• laura-portia-large.jpg
    laura-portia-large.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 13
travisdoesmath said:

92459842_l.jpg
Wow thats amazing!! I really enjoyed looking at your artwork.... Keep it up! :)

travisdoesmath said:

92459842_l.jpg

Wow man. I did tried paint my grandparents in oils but couldnt get the textures done. It's kinda hard for me. My family was disappointed when I can't complete it. I just let that painting sit on my shelf. I can't do realistic paintings but only can do cartoon. My grandmother's eye look like cartoon... man.

92459842_l.jpg

Another darn great painting! Why did you ask "fine art?" with a question mark? Of course it's Fine Art whether it's painting on paper, canvas, wall or anything! The monochromatic tone gives the image a very antique feeling. It gives you a feeling of looking at the old tin photos from the early Frontier Days (1900's). I really like the 'halo' effects around her.

NICE, dude!!!!!! :thumb:

Back