Finally...

Steel X

Reaction score
I've waited almost 3 years for the price to drop on the 120GB Hard Drive that I can upgrade for my Xbox360...seems like Microsoft won't drop it any time soon and my shitty 20GB was getting absolutely worthless so yesterday I went and bought the new upgradeable hard drive and it is MUCH better since...I have about 99GB of free space now...before I only had like 6GB of free space yikes that wasn't good...not even enough space for me to install another game to the HDD.

Anyway, I am plentiful glad that I upgraded it to the better...however, I heard rumors about abt 250GB xbox360 elite being sold in south africa.

I'm not quite sure if that is true yet Microsoft have not confirmed anything about this.

If this is true, then perhaps if it ever comes to the US at all, I may upgrade it to the next one in the next two years or so.

I just wish I can use ANY hard drive to upgrade to the xbox360 like I did with my PS3...which I used my 320GB HDD on it so VERY plenty of games for me to save. right now have about 218GB of free space on my PS3.

I am looking forward to getting Halo 3 : ODST and Grand Theft Auto IV : Episodes From Liberty City (even thou the GTAIV expansions won't be coming to the PS3, that still makes up for me owning an Xbox360 anyway.) this fall.

Anyway, for anyone who don't have my gamertag for Xbox live, it is SteelX360. Thanks and take care.

.however, 1) I heard rumors about abt 250GB xbox360 elite being sold in south africa.

I'm not quite sure if that is true yet Microsoft have not confirmed anything about this.

If this is true, then perhaps if it ever comes to the US at all, I may upgrade it to the next one in the next two years or so.

2) I just wish I can use ANY hard drive to upgrade to the xbox360 like I did with my PS3...which I used my 320GB HDD on it so VERY plenty of games for me to save. right now have about 218GB of free space on my PS3.
congrats!

1) I was thought that sold it in italy thats what I read article somewhere internet few weeks ago.

2) Yeah Me too, I wish that use any regular HDD (500GB and 2TB) to install XBOX 360 without MS's HDD. *thats MINUS*, MS set console's main-board code for HDD. geez..

I've waited almost 3 years for the price to drop on the 120GB Hard Drive that I can upgrade for my Xbox360...seems like Microsoft won't drop it any time soon and my shitty 20GB was getting absolutely worthless so yesterday I went and bought the new upgradeable hard drive and it is MUCH better since...I have about 99GB of free space now...before I only had like 6GB of free space yikes that wasn't good...not even enough space for me to install another game to the HDD.

Anyway, I am plentiful glad that I upgraded it to the better...however, I heard rumors about abt 250GB xbox360 elite being sold in south africa.

I just wish I can use ANY hard drive to upgrade to the xbox360 like I did with my PS3...which I used my 320GB HDD on it so VERY plenty of games for me to save. right now have about 218GB of free space on my PS3.

I am looking forward to getting Halo 3 : ODST and Grand Theft Auto IV : Episodes From Liberty City (even thou the GTAIV expansions won't be coming to the PS3, that still makes up for me owning an Xbox360 anyway.) this fall.

Anyway, for anyone who don't have my gamertag for Xbox live, it is SteelX360. Thanks and take care.

I wish you use one.

Upgrade Your Xbox 360's Hard Drive on the Cheap - PC World

It's save your money and easy job to do it.

Newegg.com - Western Digital Scorpio Blue WD1200BEVT 120GB 5400 RPM 8MB Cache 2.5" SATA 3.0Gb/s Notebook Hard Drive - Laptop Hard Drives

120GB HDD for $50 is better than xbox360 HDD for $150.

congrats!

1) I was thought that sold it in italy thats what I read article somewhere internet few weeks ago.

2) Yeah Me too, I wish that use any regular HDD (500GB and 2TB) to install XBOX 360 without MS's HDD. *thats MINUS*, MS set console's main-board code for HDD. geez..

Oh god 2TB would be totally heaven for me...thousands of games to save! lol

Good for you upgraded your new hard drive. I have 60GB Xbox360 Pro, I tend downloading video and demo then I deleted them after I play in demo or watch video.

Oh god 2TB would be totally heaven for me...thousands of games to save! lol
SX, Ha! Yes that would be nice to save thousands of games if you collected. but downloading HD movie thru neflix, blockbuster or others on X360.. HD movie is larger compressions.

I remembered that xbox 360 mod is somewhere on internet, saying the back up hdd can add with MS Hdd. I believing that Llamma's site.

SX, Ha! Yes that would be nice to save thousands of games if you collected. but downloading HD movie thru neflix, blockbuster or others on X360.. HD movie is larger compressions.

I remembered that xbox 360 mod is somewhere on internet, saying the back up hdd can add with MS Hdd. I believing that Llamma's site.

Yea Llamma's pretty good site can do modding xbox. they're based in my city easy to buy stuff near the bus line.

I have 60 GB left, lol. There are rumors there is a 250GB Elite coming. Will this mean a price drop on the 120GB's? I don't think so for another 1-2 years.

Xbox is not a upgradeable HDD like the PS3 is. How sad.

It is, what is different is that Sony allows customers to swap the HDD out and put in any brand SATA HDD, any size into their PS3's, while Microsoft's 360 will only accept Microsoft brand HDDs.

Microsoft is anal. lol.

Yea, The MS's HDD codes only on XBOX, the other store bought HDD as Seagate and etc that would not work on XBOX.. if they wish to hack HDD for xbox it's would be Llamma's site.

I never buy hacked HDD or stuff from the Llamma site, I only buy replacement parts for old black bulky box till it's been retired it..

Xbox is not a upgradeable HDD like the PS3 is. How sad.
Yes, thats right.. but you can add another HDD as back up with X360 hdd. Like i said you follow their instruction "mod/hack" step by step thru Llamma's site.

Back