Finally Purple have new firmware but......

Obviously you are doing it wrong.
On MVP setting change your IP address to 192.168.0.26 and select MVP1 from the drop down port forward on MVP.

Thank you very much for ur help getting my router set up. I think Purple needs to share that settings if someone doesn't want to ask a technican to help. All the settings were erased due to my roommate hard-resetted it.

See.... it isn't hard for an average person to set it up, as long they know what they are doing.

Agreed! (His post isn't pointless but he made a good point.) Give them respects guys! I know some of you don't like any one of those VRS but give them respect because they wanted to help deaf communities if any of their VP (OJO, MVP, VP200, VPAD, or any of the VP) or any of the routers that aren't working properly. They are doing the best of their abilities to help you and the Deaf communities.

If you don't have anything nice to say then don't post it here!

And as for you, dakewldude, please don't be rude to Chevy if he still working for Purple. He was trying to help you to configure the informations by sending you private message instead of posting it in the public forum for everyone to see it. If the information was send out then people outside of VP communities will see the information and use it against the Deaf communities. Chevy was not telling you what to do in your home. He was just simply trying to help you but instead you brush him off rudely and used other members to help you instead. Chevy is very nice guy and very professional when I ask him for advice. Nathan also nice and professional as well when he helped me when I have other problems with MVP. I don't understand why you had to be mean to Chevy like that. If you was being nicely, you can tell him, "No, thank you, Chevy. I want someone else to help me out but thank you anyway." Where is your respect? Was it because you waited for 20 minutes for tech support and they pissed you off? I don't like the timing of service but I have patience. Where is your patience? You have none whatsoever. Ever heard of this phrase, "Patience and you shall receive"? Come on, be patience! Why you had to say like that. Geesh...

Sorry about my rant but I just wanted to say it out instead of keeping it bottled inside.

Excuse me???? Please refrain from making comments that you truly do not know. For one...I never got any PM from chevy or any kind of assistance from him. Second, people ask for assistance in public forums when all other avenues fails, otherwise what is the point of such public forum? Third, how can such routing information can be used against deaf people when there are tons of information on how to config one's router? Fourth, yes, when someone tells me to do something that was not orginally asked, he is telling me what to do. He contributed nothing to my original post and wanted me to do what he was instructed to do by the company. That is offensive and lack of respect to the OP. Unlike others, they jumped in and offered solutions which I appreciate from the bottom of my heart. Fifth, I am a long time member of HOVRS/Purple and have spoken with them countless of times....they make a lot of money out of the minutes I use their service, therefore horrible customer service is unacceptable, period. Hence, your patience runs low and you get fed up....know the feeling?

Last edited by a moderator:
Agreed! (His post isn't pointless but he made a good point.) Give them respects guys! I know some of you don't like any one of those VRS but give them respect because they wanted to help deaf communities if any of their VP (OJO, MVP, VP200, VPAD, or any of the VP) or any of the routers that aren't working properly. They are doing the best of their abilities to help you and the Deaf communities.

If you don't have anything nice to say then don't post it here!

And as for you, dakewldude, please don't be rude to Chevy if he still working for Purple. He was trying to help you to configure the informations by sending you private message instead of posting it in the public forum for everyone to see it. If the information was send out then people outside of VP communities will see the information and use it against the Deaf communities. Chevy was not telling you what to do in your home. He was just simply trying to help you but instead you brush him off rudely and used other members to help you instead. Chevy is very nice guy and very professional when I ask him for advice. Nathan also nice and professional as well when he helped me when I have other problems with MVP. I don't understand why you had to be mean to Chevy like that. If you was being nicely, you can tell him, "No, thank you, Chevy. I want someone else to help me out but thank you anyway." Where is your respect? Was it because you waited for 20 minutes for tech support and they pissed you off? I don't like the timing of service but I have patience. Where is your patience? You have none whatsoever. Ever heard of this phrase, "Patience and you shall receive"? Come on, be patience! Why you had to say like that. Geesh...

Sorry about my rant but I just wanted to say it out instead of keeping it bottled inside.

Good point, Redwolf! Nathan, Dark, other ADer and I still work for Purple. Don't be afraid to contact CC and take patience to wait for answer of tech support. We have gotten service call tickets from tech support for going to fix port forwarding settings in customers' router and MVP.

Guys, stop being ridicious! Chevy57 and Nathan are both professionals and they are purple communications reps, you better give them respect since they are helping everyone in any way they can, okay? :cool2:

Nathan already gave a full info at here to help solve the problem but Chevy57 just tell customer to contact tech support. Why they are so different professional's way? :dunno:

Nathan already gave a full info at here to help solve the problem but Chevy57 just tell customer to contact tech support. Why they are so different professional's way? :dunno:

Well, Purple Communications told all reps that do not share ports or informations on firmware update to customers but I will wait to listen from them to allow or not.

Excuse me???? Please refrain from making comments that you truly do not know. For one...I never got any PM from chevy or any kind of assistance from him. Second, people ask for assistance in public forums when all other avenues fails, otherwise what is the point of such public forum? Third, how can such routing information can be used against deaf people when there are tons of information on how to config one's router? Fourth, yes, when someone tells me to do something that was not orginally asked, he is telling me what to do. He contributed nothing to my original post and wanted me to do what he was instructed to do by the company. That is offensive and lack of respect to the OP. Unlike others, they jumped in and offered solutions which I appreciate from the bottom of my heart. Fifth, I am a long time member of HOVRS/Purple and have spoken with them countless of times....they make a lot of money out of the minutes I use their service, therefore horrible customer service is unacceptable, period. Hence, your patience runs low and you get fed up....know the feeling?

My patience is fine, -yawns- but thanks anyway.

He was not telling you what to do, he was trying to give advice to you. He said you need to contact customer care but you just bit his head off because you have no patience of waiting 20 minutes to help you configure your router. He did his best to contribute his answer to your original post but you just brush him off like he was chopped liver. Chevy did not do anything offensive to your post at all. Chevy was doing his job whether he can or cannot give out instruction out in the public forum. If he gave out instructions in the public forum without permission, he could get fired for giving the information out.

That the way of life goes when it comes to tech support working to help customers. The way the customer service is doing well and very understanding what I need for help but being on hold to wait for customer representative for too long, which it is unacceptable to me. But, that is the way of life, because there are many numbers of customers lining up waiting for their turns to get help. First come, first serve. Patience is really worth the wait and it is really worth it to get the help I need.

heh me laugh at you

port forwarding and dmz for home networking
PortForward.com - The port forwarding progression.

then if DMZ use, port forwarding feature is total useless and router design no good.

No, qwerty, the website does not mention "useless" for port forwarding. It states, "Port forwarding can sometimes be difficult to configure, but provides a relatively safe way of running a server from behind a firewall. Since only a single port (or small series of ports) is exposed to the Internet, the computer is easier to secure. Additionally, port forwarding allows you to run multiple kinds of servers from different computers on your lan." (Homenethelp.com)

This mean that the single port or small number of ports is exposed to the internet but YOUR COMPUTER is secured which it mean your computer is safe and not being exposed to the internet. Also, you mentioned router design is no good, well, you are wrong also. The website states, "Many broadband routers have special port forwarding configuration screens for standard applications (FTP, WWW, Mail, etc) and special screens for custom applications." (PortForward.com) Their technology with port forwarding are specialized to configure the port numbers for any kind of applications.

Sometimes DMZ cause problems with port forwarding. Not all DMZ works with port forwarding. You need to turn DMZ off in order for port forwarding to work behind firewall in your router.

There are multiple applications such as MVP, OJO, VP200 and other to work together. If MVP and VP200 work with one port 1720, then it will conflict and won't work. That why it need new port numbers to get both working at the same time. If you used DMZ, for example, if you put in 192.168.0.26 which it is for MVP right? So, if you put that numbers in, it will redirect their calls to MVP instead of calling to VP200. Lot of people complaining about the calls being re-directed to MVP. That is why port forwarding is needed and DMZ need to be turned off so the calls won't be conflicting and won't be re-directed to any other VPs than your VP200. Why worry about DMZ anyway....your computer won't be affected anyway because your computer might be behind firewall so stop worrying about it.

No, qwerty, the website does not mention "useless" for port forwarding. It states, "Port forwarding can sometimes be difficult to configure, but provides a relatively safe way of running a server from behind a firewall. Since only a single port (or small series of ports) is exposed to the Internet, the computer is easier to secure. Additionally, port forwarding allows you to run multiple kinds of servers from different computers on your lan." (Homenethelp.com)

Default Re: WNR3500 : DMZ And Port Forward?
If the router stops forwarding simply because the DMZ is being used then that’s a pretty flawed design. I’ve seen a few threads mention this issue, not many, but the search engine is hard to use to pick out threads on this issue because a search which includes keywords like ‘Port Forward DMZ’ will have way too many hits.

WNR3500 : DMZ And Port Forward? - NETGEAR Forums

as i say before router design no good.

Default Re: WNR3500 : DMZ And Port Forward?
If the router stops forwarding simply because the DMZ is being used then that’s a pretty flawed design. I’ve seen a few threads mention this issue, not many, but the search engine is hard to use to pick out threads on this issue because a search which includes keywords like ‘Port Forward DMZ’ will have way too many hits.

WNR3500 : DMZ And Port Forward? - NETGEAR Forums

as i say before router design no good.

the designs are no good if DMZ and port forwarding being turned on at the same time. DMZ is good for single port....Port Forwarding is only good if there are many ports.

This mean that the single port or small number of ports is exposed to the internet but YOUR COMPUTER is secured which it mean your computer is safe and not being exposed to the internet. Also, you mentioned router design is no good, well, you are wrong also. The website states, "Many broadband routers have special port forwarding configuration screens for standard applications (FTP, WWW, Mail, etc) and special screens for custom applications." (PortForward.com) Their technology with port forwarding are specialized to configure the port numbers for any kind of applications.

Sometimes DMZ cause problems with port forwarding. Not all DMZ works with port forwarding. You need to turn DMZ off in order for port forwarding to work behind firewall in your router.

There are multiple applications such as MVP, OJO, VP200 and other to work together. If MVP and VP200 work with one port 1720, then it will conflict and won't work. That why it need new port numbers to get both working at the same time. If you used DMZ, for example, if you put in 192.168.0.26 which it is for MVP right? So, if you put that numbers in, it will redirect their calls to MVP instead of calling to VP200. Lot of people complaining about the calls being re-directed to MVP. That is why port forwarding is needed and DMZ need to be turned off so the calls won't be conflicting and won't be re-directed to any other VPs than your VP200. Why worry about DMZ anyway....your computer won't be affected anyway because your computer might be behind firewall so stop worrying about it.

Really?

I alway set both DMZ and forward port and work fine for many years thru different brand of routers for LAN party in long time ago. Also set up for two VPs thru one router and work fine.

I don't see any issue. Maybe it depends on firmware, brand, correct set up. I guess.

Really?

I alway set both DMZ and forward port and work fine for many years thru different brand of routers for LAN party in long time ago. Also set up for two VPs thru one router and work fine.

I don't see any issue. Maybe it depends on firmware, brand, correct set up. I guess.

Okay if you set up two VP200, then you going to need two separate IP address. Sometimes when someone tries to call you, it will redirect their call to different VP200. Sometimes the router will be confused and not sure which call will be placed to because if you only have one IP address, then both VP200 have the same IP address.

Another way to save money if you use port forwarding because if you add IP address then it will cost you MONEY. Additional IP address cost money. I will be better off with one IP address and port forwarding which it is better for me.

Okay if you set up two VP200, then you going to need two separate IP address. Sometimes when someone tries to call you, it will redirect their call to different VP200. Sometimes the router will be confused and not sure which call will be placed to because if you only have one IP address, then both VP200 have the same IP address.

Another way to save money if you use port forwarding because if you add IP address then it will cost you MONEY. Additional IP address cost money. I will be better off with one IP address and port forwarding which it is better for me.

I don't need extra IP address. Both work fine for incoming and outcoming.

You can't use same IP address for both or they will be conflict.

Router do not confused. It's wrong set up if you put same port number for both then cause issue with incoming. You must put correct IP address AND port number for each VP.

http://www.alldeaf.com/1385197-post12.html

You noticed that each port number are not same for each device?

I don't need extra IP address. Both work fine for incoming and outcoming.

You can't use same IP address for both or they will be conflict.

Router do not confused. It's wrong set up if you put same port number for both then cause issue with incoming. You must put correct IP address AND port number for each VP.

http://www.alldeaf.com/1385197-post12.html

You noticed that each port number are not same for each device?

Ok I read the post you sent to me but I was talking about if someone got two VP200 in their home...not VP200 and MVP. That is what I was talking about.

I lived with ex-roommate before and he also have VP200 also but we needed 2 IP address for two VP200 so they can call one of us instead of re-directing the call to the other VP200. That happened to me and I called tech support from Sorenson and they told me that I need to buy one more IP address so both of our VP200 can take separate calls. The port forward can work if there are separate applications such as VP200, MVP, and etc...that can work with IP address such as 192.168.0.26...etc... that can work with port forwarding with different videophones. But having two VP200 with 2 different phone numbers you going to need 2 different IP address. Am I right, Chevy?

Ok I read the post you sent to me but I was talking about if someone got two VP200 in their home...not VP200 and MVP. That is what I was talking about.

I lived with ex-roommate before and he also have VP200 also but we needed 2 IP address for two VP200 so they can call one of us instead of re-directing the call to the other VP200. That happened to me and I called tech support from Sorenson and they told me that I need to buy one more IP address so both of our VP200 can take separate calls. The port forward can work if there are separate applications such as VP200, MVP, and etc...that can work with IP address such as 192.168.0.26...etc... that can work with port forwarding with different videophones. But having two VP200 with 2 different phone numbers you going to need 2 different IP address. Am I right, Chevy?

We own two VP200 and both of them are work fine. Old news about incoming issue. Must be old firmware from vp200 that cause issue with incoming.

Thank you very much for ur help getting my router set up. I think Purple needs to share that settings if someone doesn't want to ask a technican to help. All the settings were erased due to my roommate hard-resetted it.

See.... it isn't hard for an average person to set it up, as long they know what they are doing.

After the router is setup the way you want it, What I would do If I were you is save the router configuration to a file on your hard drive. If your router is reset for any reason again, to put all those hard work of inputting the ports is easy by uploading the router config file back to the router. Nice and easy does it.

After the router is setup the way you want it, What I would do If I were you is save the router configuration to a file on your hard drive. If your router is reset for any reason again, to put all those hard work of inputting the ports is easy by uploading the router config file back to the router. Nice and easy does it.

Yeah, that would be a good idea for sure. Thanks for the recommendation. I was thinking about backing it up so I won't have to search for that configuration stuff for it.

Back