Finally Purple have new firmware but......

dakewldude

Reaction score
I like the updated firmware and it is more user friendly.

Now, I need information to config the router so that MVP can work correctly. My MVP was the primary but after the new firmware, it screwed up.

So, please tell me what to config in the d-625 (version c2) router.

Anyone????

I like the updated firmware and it is more user friendly.

Now, I need information to config the router so that MVP can work correctly. My MVP was the primary but after the new firmware, it screwed up.

So, please tell me what to config in the d-625 (version c2) router.

Anyone????

You better contact CC support help.hovrs.tv

You better contact CC support help.hovrs.tv

I am not going to sit and wait about 20 minutes before they answer my call. Such config information is not a "secret". Purple is the only one that keeps their config information private. If you have any information, share it otherwise shut up as I do not need a purple rep like you telling me what to do in the privacy of my own home!

Get it? Good! Now go away because you are not helping me or anyone else who needs such information.

do yuo have another vp in your home, or is your mvp the only vp? if its only mvp, you can set the firewall to have DMZ zone set toward MVP's IP address. If not, in MVP's network setting, what do you have set for your Port? (Default, MVP1 to MVP4)

do yuo have another vp in your home, or is your mvp the only vp? if its only mvp, you can set the firewall to have DMZ zone set toward MVP's IP address. If not, in MVP's network setting, what do you have set for your Port? (Default, MVP1 to MVP4)

Yes, VP200. MVP is the primary so all calls are routed to the MVP. It is set for MVP1 (22001). The router D-625 is configured using the new port. The problem appeared when the new firmware was installed as I did not have any problem before. Now I cannot receive calls or black screen and can only call out so there must be an error with the router configuration for MVP which I am trying to resolve.

When I config the router to make VP200 primary, I can make and receive calls without any problems. When I make MVP primary, I cannot get calls or the screen is black but when I make calls from MVP, its fine. Obviously, something is missing which I cannot pinpoint.

Yes, VP200. MVP is the primary so all calls are routed to the MVP. It is set for MVP1 (22001). The router D-625 is configured using the new port. The problem appeared when the new firmware was installed as I did not have any problem before. Now I cannot receive calls or black screen and can only call out so there must be an error with the router configuration for MVP which I am trying to resolve.

When I config the router to make VP200 primary, I can make and receive calls without any problems. When I make MVP primary, I cannot get calls or the screen is black but when I make calls from MVP, its fine. Obviously, something is missing which I cannot pinpoint.

ok, I believe when you change to MVP1, it changes the range of video and audio as well. Unfortunately I do not have the informtion with me but I think its in range after 8050 to 8150. You can try that. If that doesnt work, go ahead and set it to 7950 to 9000 and wait on hovrs rep to give us specfic port information. Like you I am not impressed with their hold time and would rather have the document ready available on their solutions website.

So set this way (port forwarding)
VP200- 1720 TCP, 15328-15348 TCP/UDP
MVP- 22001 TCP/UDP, 7950-9000 TCP/UDP

That should enable both device to get calls based on the number registered to them.

Hope this help!

wait on hovrs rep to give us specfic port information. Like you I am not impressed with their hold time and would rather have the document ready available on their solutions website.

Agreed! I bringing this feedback up to our Purple company, hopefully they consider about this :]

That's all you need port forward for VP200 is:

1720/1720 TCP
15328/15348 TCP and UDP

It's work great to me.

I had no idea why you need 15328-15348 for.

Last edited by a moderator:

you need to keep in mind that using DMZ will override the port forward settings. Its best to get rid of DMZ for all videophones and actually take the time to log in your router and setup the port forward for all videophones. doing it this way you can now call each other using the same ISP public ip address. This will also allow your freinds to bring thier mvp to your home and still receive call without distruping your videophones receiving. ( of course, you need to give them your wifi password so pick a simple one so nothing is known about you).

now nightwarroir has a point- what do you have for port forward on your router dakewldude ?

ok, I believe when you change to MVP1, it changes the range of video and audio as well. Unfortunately I do not have the informtion with me but I think its in range after 8050 to 8150. You can try that. If that doesnt work, go ahead and set it to 7950 to 9000 and wait on hovrs rep to give us specfic port information. Like you I am not impressed with their hold time and would rather have the document ready available on their solutions website.

So set this way (port forwarding)
VP200- 1720 TCP, 15328-15348 TCP/UDP
MVP- 22001 TCP/UDP, 7950-9000 TCP/UDP

That should enable both device to get calls based on the number registered to them.

Hope this help!

Yes, I agree that Purple (HOVRS) should make such information available on their website.

As for port forwarding, you are right that it changed the video and audio ranges. Here is what I have set up for d-625:

MVP1 - box checked and my MVP is set for MVP1
22001, 8100-8150 TCP
8100-8150 UDP
IP addy: 192.168.0.25

MVP2
22002, 8200-8250 TCP
8200-8250 UDP

MVP3
22003, 8300-8350 TCP
8300-8350 UDP

MVP4
22004, 8400-8450 TCP
8400-8450 UDP

VP200 - box checked
1720, 15328-15348 TCP
15328-15348 UDP
IP addy: 192.168.0.125

Yet, I still get black screen when someone calls my MVP. Obviously something is wrong or there is a screw-up in the updated firmware?

you need to keep in mind that using DMZ will override the port forward settings. Its best to get rid of DMZ for all videophones and actually take the time to log in your router and setup the port forward for all videophones. doing it this way you can now call each other using the same ISP public ip address. This will also allow your freinds to bring thier mvp to your home and still receive call without distruping your videophones receiving. ( of course, you need to give them your wifi password so pick a simple one so nothing is known about you).

now nightwarroir has a point- what do you have for port forward on your router dakewldude ?

I agree that using DMZ will override the port forward settings. That is why my DMZ is not enabled because I want to be able to receive calls on both VP200 and MVP depending on which number the person called.

To answer your question about port forwarding, read my last entry above and should answer your question. If you got any suggestions or ideas about port forwarding, please share. What about NAT Endpoint Filtering?

Yes, I agree that Purple (HOVRS) should make such information available on their website.

As for port forwarding, you are right that it changed the video and audio ranges. Here is what I have set up for d-625:

22001, 8100-8150 TCP
8100-8150 UDP

MVP2
22002, 8200-8250 TCP
8200-8250 UDP

MVP3
22003, 8300-8350 TCP
8300-8350 UDP

MVP4
22004, 8400-8450 TCP
8400-8450 UDP

VP200 - box checked
1720, 15328-15348 TCP
15328-15348 UDP
IP addy: 192.168.0.125

Yet, I still get black screen when someone calls my MVP. Obviously something is wrong or there is a screw-up in the updated firmware?

Obviously you are doing it wrong.
22001, 8100-8150 TCP
8100-8150 UDP
IP addy: 192.168.0.26

MVP2
22002, 8200-8250 TCP
8200-8250 UDP
IP addy: 192.168.0.27

MVP3
22003, 8300-8350 TCP
8300-8350 UDP
IP addy: 192.168.0.28

MVP4
22004, 8400-8450 TCP
8400-8450 UDP
IP addy: 192.168.0.29
On MVP setting change your IP address to 192.168.0.26 and select MVP1 from the drop down port forward on MVP.

Guys, stop being ridicious! Chevy57 and Nathan are both professionals and they are purple communications reps, you better give them respect since they are helping everyone in any way they can, okay? :cool2:

Agreed! (His post isn't pointless but he made a good point.) Give them respects guys! I know some of you don't like any one of those VRS but give them respect because they wanted to help deaf communities if any of their VP (OJO, MVP, VP200, VPAD, or any of the VP) or any of the routers that aren't working properly. They are doing the best of their abilities to help you and the Deaf communities.

If you don't have anything nice to say then don't post it here!

And as for you, dakewldude, please don't be rude to Chevy if he still working for Purple. He was trying to help you to configure the informations by sending you private message instead of posting it in the public forum for everyone to see it. If the information was send out then people outside of VP communities will see the information and use it against the Deaf communities. Chevy was not telling you what to do in your home. He was just simply trying to help you but instead you brush him off rudely and used other members to help you instead. Chevy is very nice guy and very professional when I ask him for advice. Nathan also nice and professional as well when he helped me when I have other problems with MVP. I don't understand why you had to be mean to Chevy like that. If you was being nicely, you can tell him, "No, thank you, Chevy. I want someone else to help me out but thank you anyway." Where is your respect? Was it because you waited for 20 minutes for tech support and they pissed you off? I don't like the timing of service but I have patience. Where is your patience? You have none whatsoever. Ever heard of this phrase, "Patience and you shall receive"? Come on, be patience! Why you had to say like that. Geesh...

Sorry about my rant but I just wanted to say it out instead of keeping it bottled inside.

Agreed! (His post isn't pointless but he made a good point.) Give them respects guys! I know some of you don't like any one of those VRS but give them respect because they wanted to help deaf communities if any of their VP (OJO, MVP, VP200, VPAD, or any of the VP) or any of the routers that aren't working properly. They are doing the best of their abilities to help you and the Deaf communities.

If you don't have anything nice to say then don't post it here!

And as for you, dakewldude, please don't be rude to Chevy if he still working for Purple. He was trying to help you to configure the informations by sending you private message instead of posting it in the public forum for everyone to see it. If the information was send out then people outside of VP communities will see the information and use it against the Deaf communities. Chevy was not telling you what to do in your home. He was just simply trying to help you but instead you brush him off rudely and used other members to help you instead. Chevy is very nice guy and very professional when I ask him for advice. Nathan also nice and professional as well when he helped me when I have other problems with MVP. I don't understand why you had to be mean to Chevy like that. If you was being nicely, you can tell him, "No, thank you, Chevy. I want someone else to help me out but thank you anyway." Where is your respect? Was it because you waited for 20 minutes for tech support and they pissed you off? I don't like the timing of service but I have patience. Where is your patience? You have none whatsoever. Ever heard of this phrase, "Patience and you shall receive"? Come on, be patience! Why you had to say like that. Geesh...

Sorry about my rant but I just wanted to say it out instead of keeping it bottled inside.

Yes, he still works for Purple Communications and I like this post :gpost:

Obviously you are doing it wrong.
On MVP setting change your IP address to 192.168.0.26 and select MVP1 from the drop down port forward on MVP.

Ahhh....that is what went wrong on my end. Thanks for the information as it makes sense. Thank you.....

Back