finally introducing myself i guess...

Have you still not gone to the audiologist yet? Your audi will probably tell your mom that deaf and hard of hearing people drive on a daily basis lol He will also explain the loss to you and your mom and what kind it is, ie. conductive or sensorineural...etc

yeah besides, I'm going in to see mine before Halloween (10/29) to check in on my hearing loss since it might be progressive

no i haven't she said maybe she'll take me to our regular doctor once things settle down but they've already settled down and she hasn't made any effort yet.

four more days until i'm 15 and a half... dad really wants me to drive as soon as possible. i've already said everything mom thinks. i think dad will have the upper hand on it and maybe he'll say yes, telling mom to suck it up. but if he says something or calls me and i don't hear him, after telling him multiple times, he explodes(figuratively)and yells at me, denying it, saying 'shut up stupid u heard me just fine'. plus he says mom has to take me driving since he has to work. not sure whats going to happen. dad says after football season i will start driving. i hope thats what actually happens... dad usually has final say.

four more days until i'm 15 and a half... dad really wants me to drive as soon as possible. i've already said everything mom thinks. i think dad will have the upper hand on it and maybe he'll say yes, telling mom to suck it up. but if he says something or calls me and i don't hear him, after telling him multiple times, he explodes(figuratively)and yells at me, denying it, saying 'shut up stupid u heard me just fine'. plus he says mom has to take me driving since he has to work. not sure whats going to happen. dad says after football season i will start driving. i hope thats what actually happens... dad usually has final say.

wow, sucks that you are going through this crap with your rents/bf/etc

don't worry, sooner or later you will be 18 and they will eventually have to back off since you will need all the space you can get to focus on yourself, ditch the BF and remain friends with benefits if you want lol

trust me, that made my life a whole lot EASIER and less stress so I could focus on myself and future. Far too many people are rushing to get into relationships/married before they even decide what they want to do with their life/future/etc

best of luck, cheers!

:welcome: to AllDeaf forum.

My, you are young at 15 years old. You need time to drive before you can get ahead. Most teens can cause accidents like joy ride or thinking the car is a toy. You really have to be careful when you are driving. Your mother is wrong that d/Deaf people can not drive cars.

I drive my car as I am an old woman. I tried to be careful when I am driving. I have eyes to look out for with a rear view mirror and two side mirrors. I also look around to make everything is clear before I take off from the curb. Being in a heavy traffic jams is a risk to take if you tried the best to drive along with them. Some of the drivers both hearing and deaf may dart past you or try to run you off the road. So driving is not that wonderful so be careful if you are driving the car.

As for your boyfriend, you might as well break up with him if he keep insisting that you get hearing aids and side with your mom on this. It is suppose to be your decision on what you want to do in order to get hearing aids or not. It is all up to you, not your boyfriend or your mom. Yes, you can go to audiologist for hearing test and your audiologist can talk with you about hearing aids and you can decide what you want or not want to wear them. This is your body. No one can make you. I hope you understand what I am saying.

I hope you have fun reading and posting here. See you around here. :wave:

Back