Finally getting my hearing aids soon

Saavik

Reaction score
Due to being bumped up the priority list through the rehab services, I was cleared last week to get my hearing aids and this past Tuesday I got my impressions made and I have an appointment in two weeks to pick them up. I don't know what kind they are, but we'll see in two weeks.

I really hope they make a real difference for me as the thing the college gave me is irritating for many reasons. Anyway, I'll be back when I have more news to share if anyone cares.

Awesome,

My best suggestion, when you pick up hearing aids on, Dont leave the office right away.. STAY there to listen, or feel comfortable with the mold, or move your head to see if no feedbacks. Have you discuss what kind of hearing aids you will get? did you ask them if you are not happy with the heairng aids becaue VR paid then you would have to stay with hearing aids for two to four years then to get a new one unless you get a job. THat would be a different. I hope they gave you the GOOD mold. My friend who had VR that paid her for the MOLDS. She got allgeric to that kind of Molds that all over red on her ear. Just be wise with audiologist if you are not comfortable then inform VR about it. Good Luck!!!

Awesome,

My best suggestion, when you pick up hearing aids on, Dont leave the office right away.. STAY there to listen, or feel comfortable with the mold, or move your head to see if no feedbacks. Have you discuss what kind of hearing aids you will get? did you ask them if you are not happy with the heairng aids becaue VR paid then you would have to stay with hearing aids for two to four years then to get a new one unless you get a job. THat would be a different. I hope they gave you the GOOD mold. My friend who had VR that paid her for the MOLDS. She got allgeric to that kind of Molds that all over red on her ear. Just be wise with audiologist if you are not comfortable then inform VR about it. Good Luck!!!

he should make the tubing is not digging into his ear too, that can be painful after awhile. I hate it when tube is not cut the right length or the ear mold is too tight . The OP could ask for some gel that you put on new ear molds, it made it easier to put new ear molds in your ear.

he should make the tubing is not digging into his ear too, that can be painful after awhile. I hate it when tube is not cut the right length or the ear mold is too tight . The OP could ask for some gel that you put on new ear molds, it made it easier to put new ear molds in your ear.

yeah, that's what I had when I got mine made (I prefer the old school earmolds since domes are not for me and my loss requires alot of power!)

Due to being bumped up the priority list through the rehab services, I was cleared last week to get my hearing aids and this past Tuesday I got my impressions made and I have an appointment in two weeks to pick them up. I don't know what kind they are, but we'll see in two weeks.

I really hope they make a real difference for me as the thing the college gave me is irritating for many reasons. Anyway, I'll be back when I have more news to share if anyone cares.

You are getting a pair of hearing aids and you don't know what they are and you're just hoping they will make a difference? Wow.....

You are getting a pair of hearing aids and you don't know what they are and you're just hoping they will make a difference? Wow.....

She's going through the VRC, you don't get to pick them, the Audi just orders what they feel are appropriate. She's not paying for them......

I'm hopeful for once in my life, picking my hearing aids up tomorrow. Lets hope they make a real difference for me.

So I picked up my hearing aids today, was a little late due to endless road work, but I got there and I'm still forming my opinion of them right now. I have phonak virto q70 and was told if I had Starkey, my wax traps would be free, but phonak apparently charges for them.

My parents had the TV on and were both trying to talk to me, but I had a hard time understanding them with noise in the background. I can still hear the tinnitus, but we'll see how they hold up in class tomorrow.

Are those hearing aids all inside the ear?

You will have to go back for adjustments, very few people don't have to go back for adjustments. Keep a note of what you don't like, the background noise etc and hopefully that can be adjusted altho not completely taken away.

I find the tv isn't enough to change the Soundflow program actomactily to speech in noise myself so that maybe why you still struggle to hear your parents.

Shame they didn't give you the Phonak Audeo Q70 with tinnitus feature within these.

Back