File Compliant with American Disabilities Act

Garfield600

Reaction score
I did file complaint with American Disabilies Act last January and still nothing a word from U.S. Department of Justice with ADA either fax or mail. This case about the hearing court problem with interpreters issue. What should I do next?

Garfield600 said:
I did file complaint with American Disabilies Act last January and still nothing a word from U.S. Department of Justice with ADA either fax or mail. This case about the hearing court problem with interpreters issue. What should I do next?

Theyre backlogged. More complaints than staff can handle. Talk to an ADA attorney.

Richard

Garfield600 said:

I plan to meeting with Senator Kennedy and his colleagues in Boston. We need to improvement with ADA law for the disability especially Deaf people.

When are you going there?

(Excuse me off subject, I notice that your logo that says that you are getting married in a few months. Wish you a good luck!)

Sabrina said:
I plan to meeting with Senator Kennedy and his colleagues in Boston. We need to improvement with ADA law for the disability especially Deaf people.
Please let me know how it goes ;)

I agree with Richard.

Talk to an ADA atty.
They are back logged with many cases.
Don't give up.
Margie
Dir. of Communication Services
OCDAC

Margie said:
Talk to an ADA atty.
They are back logged with many cases.
Don't give up.
Margie
Dir. of Communication Services
OCDAC

Yeah, the so-called ADA attorney is Richard Roehm. Ask him.

Sabrina said:
:applause: Good luck Sabrina on your meeting with Senator Kennedy, something needs to be done to strengthen and improve the ADA laws. To many deaf citizens are having their rights violated, and nothing is being done for them.

Let me know too how you make out.

You would be better off contacting Senator Harkin's office. Harkin's late brother was Deaf and went to Iowa School for the Deaf in Council Bluffs. Harkin was the founder of the ADA.

Side note: Several years ago, we were holding our Iowa Association for the Deaf Conference at a hotel. Harkin just happened to be in town and staying at the hotel. He walk by an noticed a large deaf crowd. We invited him in to say a few words and take questions. He started signing a little bit, but asked if an interpretor could take over, otherwise we'd be there all night!

Steve

qwerty123 said:
Yeah, the so-called ADA attorney is Richard Roehm. Ask him.

It wont be long before I take the State Bar exam. Then I'll be a real attorney whether you like it or not. Until then I work with Richard Rosen, Jeff Carver, and Morse Mehrban all who have litigated ADA cases on our client's behalf.

Enforcement of Title II cases are much longer and slower to accomplish than Title I and III cases.

Richard

Right on Richard!

Richard will make a good lawyer, weather you all like it or not!
He can take the bar exam and pass with "Flying Colors".
One of this days he'll be Richard Rohem Atty at Law.
Margie

I have same problem like you

Garfield600 said:

I have been having same problem like you since forever. Laugh.. I have no idea... Keep going. and Never give up.. Like I did. I been doing that since Sept. 2004.. and now.. Still fighting it.. I am never going to give up abt that..

Garfield600 said:

Contact them again and again and again. Send your letter via certified mail and get the green postcard returned to you.

Back