fight against discrimination

hencm08

Reaction score
I need help from my fellow HOH and deaf friends. My landlord is threatening to evict me because of my service animal. I have all the documentation for her and have already contacted the ADA, DOJ, and HUD as well and human rights of washington. I have had to hire an attorney and cant afford the rest of the payments to stop this landlord from this cruel case of injustice!!!

Please help a fellow HOH!!!

http://www.gofundme.com/fightdiscriminatio

that wicked landlord do that.I sincerely hope you win case and reimbursed money

I am so sorry for what is happening to you. Please forgive me if this comes across as rude and/or uncaring because I re don't mean it to be. I have a service dog too, and legally we (you and I) are NOT required to "prove" that our dogs are legitimate service dogs, unfortunately with the federal and state laws regarding service dogs, wording is everything. For example, I have PTSD and if I called my dog an "Emotional Support Dog" under federal law it is NOT a service dog because in some places an ESD is a therapy dog which has no legal right, federal law states that "a service dog must be task trained to mitigate the disability/aid in the activities of daily living(hearing, seeing, open/close doors, etcetera) of their handler", which ESA/Therapy dogs are not trained to do. But because I have told them "she is my service dog, she acts as my ears." There have been people who like to argue, but most don't. I truly DO believe you have a LEGITIMATE service dog, and I encourage you to document EVERY interaction you have with your landlord. IF it is legal, use an audio and video recorder, but please CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FIRST. In some states it is illegal to record someone without their knowledge and if that is true in your state, as a few friends/relatives to accompany you so they can testify for you. If this problem came unexpectedly, try to find if others have complained to the landlord, and remember with a service dog, an establishment can only deny access/service to you if your dog is aggressive and/or out of your control; fear and allergies are not a legal reason of denial.

Last edited:
Back