Fetus in Fridge Gets Mom 22 Yrs.

Just exactly how is storing a fetus in the frig makes her convicted on "child injury and endangerment" that she should serve 22 years?!?!

Bizarre, yes but how can it be a child injury/endangerment if it was dead to begin with?

Ok, I just read Dixie, apparently, there's more to it.

Funny, we can take parents to jail for endangering their children lives but we cannot do that with people who are making their homes totally decrypted. Pisses me off because in both cases, it's wrong!

Just exactly how is storing a fetus in the frig makes her convicted on "child injury and endangerment" that she should serve 22 years?!?!

Bizarre, yes but how can it be a child injury/endangerment if it was dead to begin with?

As a social worker for CPS in Wyoming it can be looked as a newborn even though it is stillborn as it came out of the woman's body naturally. Maybe that is why she may get 22 years?

I don't know.

For the living conditions, the children would definately be taken out of the house.

As a social worker for CPS in Wyoming it can be looked as a newborn even though it is stillborn as it came out of the woman's body naturally. Maybe that is why she may get 22 years?

I don't know.

For the living conditions, the children would definately be taken out of the house.

Sorry, but a stillborn is classified as a stillborn when it is not born alive no matter the circumstances. A stillborn is not, in any way, comparable to a neonate. Even the birth certificate, when it has happened in a hospital, is different.

Regarding the conditions of the house...that is no doubt where the bulk of the charges came in.

Sorry, but a stillborn is classified as a stillborn when it is not born alive no matter the circumstances. A stillborn is not, in any way, comparable to a neonate. Even the birth certificate, when it has happened in a hospital, is different.

Regarding the conditions of the house...that is no doubt where the bulk of the charges came in.

I have heard about you--the famous Jillio. :) :giggle:

If you re-read my post, I stated, "it can be". Meaning it can be viewed either way depending on the circumstances surronding the situation. Unfortunately I think we don't have enough information pertaining to the case as the news media tends to omit certain facts.

As for the living conditions, I would not be suprised if that is the reasoning for the additional charges against the mother.

I don't know.

As for the living conditions, I would not be suprised if that is the reasoning for the additional charges against the mother.

I assumed the living conditions were the only reason for the charges. The fetus in the fridge (maybe some rap group will write a song about this: "Y'all hear 'bout da fetus chillin?") is more of a press sensation; an eye catcher.

I assumed the living conditions were the only reason for the charges. The fetus in the fridge (maybe some rap group will write a song about this: "Y'all hear 'bout da fetus chillin?") is more of a press sensation; an eye catcher.

I don't want to sound morbid but maybe she wanted to keep the fetus fresh to find out what caused it to be stillborn?

I don't want to sound morbid but maybe she wanted to keep the fetus fresh to find out what caused it to be stillborn?
I think I have the morbid part covered with my rap song. This would be a non-story; one that is repeated all over the world every single day, except for the fetus thing. Who knows what her plan was?

Hmm-mm... I demand more details on what's going on!?! Is there a proof if it's stillborn fetus or not??? Was it illegal abortion on their own?? Is she going to eat some left before plan to burn? ARGGHHH!!!

The way I still see the story...she was in her late 20's...had 9 kids! (Maybe more)...blamed the kids for the "miscarriage" saying they would "not let her get enuf sleep"!....So she put the fetus in the fridge....and proceeded to get pregnant again!...So the fetus must have been in the fridge over a month!

The husband sure as hell knew the fetus was in the fridge! We all open our fridge several times a day! The kids also, looking for something to eat.

I love children....came from a big family, unfortunately, a poor family with an alcoholic father. I see nothing wrong with big families, as long as the parents can support them.....But some people just breed and breed, letting the kids suffer and the state having to step in and feed & clothe them!

All the woman probably did was lay down and have sex. Never cleaning the house or taking care of the children.

Both parents deserve everything they get! 22 years for the mother and give the father the same! He is as much to blame as the mother...not caring anything about "birth control"....so I say "good riddance of the white trash"!

Those children were removed from the home, and now have a chance in life. The mother does not deserve to get them back! Both parents should be sterilized in my opinion.

:shock: That is so disgusting! Aren't those parents lazy and slobs? How hard is it to take trash outside to the garage daily? It's not hard to do! I can't possible believe they allowed dirty diapers being stacked up nearly four feet high in closets. I bet their house is full of dust and smell of odor. That is a fire/health hazard for having a house that filthy.

I agree. Totally disgusting. They are definitely unstable.

22 years for her? I disagree with the sentencing. she should be in prison alike one year or 2 not 22 years.

22 years for her? I disagree with the sentencing. she should be in prison alike one year or 2 not 22 years.

At first glance, 22 years for being a horny slob seems a bit harsh. But the kids have already received a life sentence from this experience. They will take the memory of this to their graves.

At first glance, 22 years for being a horny slob seems a bit harsh. But the kids have already received a life sentence from this experience. They will take the memory of this to their graves.

Right on the button!!

for verbal abuse ... yes. For ignoring them when they need their momma.. yes. but for messy homes, no.. I know several people who grew up in a messy homes and it didn't bother them at all. My friend is one of them. Her mother still gave her the attention she needed when she wanted it. Sure she would have gotten sick but guess what, her mother even took her to the doctors. but she was lazy about cleaning the house. Every heard of "Clean House" on tv... well those type of situations IS real, I've seen it lots of times.

That's why 22 years for dirty home is very bad for the kids. What the parent and kids really need is for the social worker pull the kids out until they got their house straightened out in a proper condition for the number of kids they have, and then to check on them often, But if the kids had to deal with other type of abuses, I think the kids would be very happy to get out of that situation.

for verbal abuse ... yes. For ignoring them when they need their momma.. yes. but for messy homes, no.. I know several people who grew up in a messy homes and it didn't bother them at all. My friend is one of them. Her mother still gave her the attention she needed when she wanted it. Sure she would have gotten sick but guess what, her mother even took her to the doctors. but she was lazy about cleaning the house. Every heard of "Clean House" on tv... well those type of situations IS real, I've seen it lots of times.

That's why 22 years for dirty home is very bad for the kids. What the parent and kids really need is for the social worker pull the kids out until they got their house straightened out in a proper condition for the number of kids they have, and then to check on them often, But if the kids had to deal with other type of abuses, I think the kids would be very happy to get out of that situation.

This entire living situation was abhorant. To raise a family of 9+ children this way, with neglect and malnourishment, overcrowding....plus sooner or later the "Fetusicle in the Freezer" story will become knowledge for these kids. I think the judge used his/her wide knowledge of law to provide this sentence. Hell, drunk drivers that kill get shorter sentences the second time they kill....

This is a very sad situation. Children should not be subjected to living in these deplorible conditions. It is one thing to have a house filled with clutter.. but filth is totally wrong. Make a trip to the dump! Diapers stacked 4 feet high? Come on!
I can say, from time to time, with three children my house can become disheviled. Though, not filthy.
As for the fetus being illegally aborted? I believe this was not the case. They could have tossed it in the trash, burned it... a number of things.

Calling them "White Trash"... name suggest otherwise. Trash yes, probably a large family that most of us support. They probably are on every available system. From food stamps to housing.

Grrrrrrr!

Back