Ferrets!

Sugar Addict

Reaction score
I'm a proud owner of two little bundle of mischiefs, Roxy and Rachel

was wondering if there was other ferret owners out there?

I"ll post pictures when I get my digital camera this week :)

Not currently, but we had two and of course I sold them in the pet store. Just like toddlers, mischevious and lovable. Good luck.

Zoo

My friend held her ferret out to me to see and I was almost scared s**tless, because it just looked like a snake with hair on it!

Seriously! I couldn't believe it myself, but that was just my first reaction!

But her Siberian Husky is also terrified of that ferret, but was friendly with the previous ferret she had that looked exactly the same. ????

Aww they are cute but I stay away from them because one of them have bit my finger when I was younger. My step sister Heather wants to own one someday though!

i used to have ferrets in 1994 and they were scary and bit my ears when I was 8 :hyper:

Sorry for some of you that has had bad experience with the ferrets, many people dont give them credit that they deserve, as they're extremely smart and is easier to train than a cat or a dog in my opinion, I had my babies litterbox trained in a day flat.... unlike housebreaking my dogs...

its easy to correct a ferret simply by saying NO and holding it by its scruff when it bites as it doesn't know that us human beings have softer skin as well they'll learn not to bite hard as they love to play play play as theres no such thing as being serious in their world..

I like Ferrets too. I would like to own one of them but not right now, maybe in the future ;)

Sweetheart said:
I like Ferrets too. I would like to own one of them but not right now, maybe in the future ;)

Yeppers, we would like to get a ferret someday in the future. ;)

I saw one today at petco it was sleeping in a hammock like sack that was on top of the cage. it was half in and half out of the hammoc

I do like them but nah! I don't want to own them as a pet. They are cute and funny though! I see them at Petco once a while. But not lately. :)

Ferrests are so cute :lol: I have been see it back in high school one of my ex boyfriend have one and I pat it is so cute :lol:

I wasnt sure if ferrest can eat cat? make sure because my ex boyfriend said that long time ago back in high school before 1996 :)

Yeah ferrets are cute, I would love to get one, but it is illegal to buy, sell ferrets or breed them in my country... Years ago... ya need an permit to beable to get ferrets for pet or breeding them.

They are very nice cute ;) Please do not close with other animals, they would kill other animals.

One of my friends had breeding pair of ferrets, one of them attacked a big rabbit and they ate them.

Also they smell so bad when they poop or pee other wise you have to clean up their cage. It would be fine.

hth

Duncan

I never like ferrets when my roommates sneak in brought ferrets without my LL's permission and caused my clothes smell horrible... Also around house smell horrible! Now my roommates with their ferrets are gone, yay! But, I am surprised ferrets are illegal to have as pets in DC, MPD did stopped our house for ferrets and my LL had to make up story that ferrets are moved out and MPD left...

I used to be a previous owner of a ferret, They're so cute but they stink! I had to give my ferret up to a new owner because I wasn't gotta be around to take care of him, I don't want to neglect him while I worked so many hours at my job. ;)

Point of interest: You can buy a product in pet stores that you add to their water and it gets rids of almost all the odor. It really works. I used it at home and work. Pick the poo daily and clean the cage each week. If you do all three there will be almost no odor. Also do not try to bathe the smell off. They are a musky creature and repeted bathing will just bring out more musk.

zookeeper4321 said:
Point of interest: You can buy a product in pet stores that you add to their water and it gets rids of almost all the odor. It really works. I used it at home and work. Pick the poo daily and clean the cage each week. If you do all three there will be almost no odor. Also do not try to bathe the smell off. They are a musky creature and repeted bathing will just bring out more musk.

ferrets can be descented. it's best done when the ferret is really young, though.

i love ferrets- my friend has a DEAF ferret :)

do post pictures!

Back