Felt awful turned down after job interviews!

ladybug75

Reaction score
deleted

Last edited:
i am sorry,That the trouble people dont understand we dont waste words and can be blunt,From what i understand dont america do positive discrimination that being the case why dont they give you a chance at least...
good luck onwards and upwards but it still hurts

There will always be someone who is much smarter and more experienced....or someone who "fits in" to a position better than others...

So if at first you don't succeed....then try, try and try again. It's natural to feel let down and upset. (Been there and done that)....all I can say is the next time you're up for promotion or there is a job opening that you're interested in....then get all ur ducks in a row...learn everything about that job position that it entails......the more you know the better your luck will be.

Best to you!

There will always be someone who is much smarter and more experienced....or someone who "fits in" to a position better than others...

So if at first you don't succeed....then try, try and try again. It's natural to feel let down and upset. (Been there and done that)....all I can say is the next time you're up for promotion or there is a job opening that you're interested in....then get all ur ducks in a row...learn everything about that job position that it entails......the more you know the better your luck will be.

Best to you!
I agree.

Don't let it stop you.

Think of it as a hallway full of doors. Go to one door and offer your services, but that person closes the door on you. Don't worry, you have a whole hallway of doors to knock on. One of those doors will let you in. :)

In each interview rejection, I learned what to do and what not to do and what I regret. Basically, the employers' feedback always end up as:

Your answers were too short.
Your answers were not lengthy enough.
Your answers were not complete.
Your answers contained lack of experience/education.
Your answers contained lack of writing skills.

It almost made me quit...but I kept asking myself again and again what did I do wrong? Is that a safe answer for them to avoid the "deaf" issue/concerns that they may secretly have? (I have already explained to them that deaf people are capable of communicating by instant messaging, writing notes, texting, VRS, RTC, interpreting, etc.)

Does anyone has this similar experience like mine, I would like to hear from you.

You where told very clearly what you did wrong. I think the best thing you can do take some time on your and try to answer the questions and see if you can answer them more complete . I know there are people that have a lot educate but they have poor writing skill. The mayor of my city send out emails with words spelled incorrectly and she is not HOH . She may not had pass the job interview. It is a drag you did get the job , but I get out there and prove the people wrong. Show they that you have the skills do do the job.

In each interview rejection, I learned what to do and what not to do and what I regret. Basically, the employers' feedback always end up as:

Your answers were too short.
Your answers were not lengthy enough.
Your answers were not complete.
Your answers contained lack of experience/education.
Your answers contained lack of writing skills.

It almost made me quit...but I kept asking myself again and again what did I do wrong? Is that a safe answer for them to avoid the "deaf" issue/concerns that they may secretly have? (I have already explained to them that deaf people are capable of communicating by instant messaging, writing notes, texting, VRS, RTC, interpreting, etc.)

Does anyone has this similar experience like mine, I would like to hear from you.

Welcome to the real world. I have decent writing skills, and still find myself on the outside, looking in. When there are 300+ applicants for a single job, they eliminate more than 3/4 of them, long before the interview. At least you made it that far.

I don't know if I would ever share my experience being in Deaf Utopia for almost 6 years. I don't want to get backfire for sharing my experience. My Deaf Utopia experience was the best I ever had experienced and don't know if I wanted to experience again (Really hopefully will again). Seriously, money can't buy happiness. Because of my experience, I now understand the hearing world, and how they thinks and lives.

Since Ladybug75 had delete some of her comments, I have no way giving inputs.

Since Ladybug75 had delete some of her comments, I have no way giving inputs.

She must have been expecting something else to result from her posts. When we failed to provide it, she removed everything. With the unemployment rate hovering around 10%, there are lots of people in the same boat as she is. Not likely to find a lot of sympathy. Plenty of empty cups being held out for that.

She must have been expecting something else to result from her posts. When we failed to provide it, she removed everything. With the unemployment rate hovering around 10%, there are lots of people in the same boat as she is. Not likely to find a lot of sympathy. Plenty of empty cups being held out for that.

Agree....seems she wanted some sympathy about her deafness being the reason she didn't get the promotion....but she already stated the other person was more experienced and smarter and got the job.....

As for myself, I'd rather be the more qualified for a job than for them to hire me because I was deaf....we all have to be able to take our lumps and swallow them too....

Welcome to the real world. I have decent writing skills, and still find myself on the outside, looking in. When there are 300+ applicants for a single job, they eliminate more than 3/4 of them, long before the interview. At least you made it that far.

I knew a guy that did not get a job because he was overqualified. He has too much education. I think the OP should used the comments she got about her interview to help her get a better job. She got some helpful advice . Some interviewers just tell you get not get the job and leave it at that.

Well, I don't know what's the OP story is about. It may not be what she wanted to hear. She probably was wanting to receive constructive criticism to improve herself for further notice. Although, I concur with your sentiments - it's a dog eat dog world out there. It's not going to fly when there's a "woe is me" approach throws out there.

As for myself, I'd rather be the more qualified for a job than for them to hire me because I was deaf....we all have to be able to take our lumps and swallow them too....

Same here. Although, I've known of some companies that hires employees with disabilities just so that way they will be able to hold their heads over the water to stay on the good side with the federal law re; American Disability Act or otherwise, they lose their funds/grants from the federal level. Some will want to avoid lawsuits, so and on.

Well, I don't know what's the OP story is about. It may not be what she wanted to hear. She probably was wanting to receive constructive criticism to improve herself for further notice. Although, I concur with your sentiments - it's a dog eat dog world out there. It's not going to fly when there's a "woe is me" approach throws out there.

Same here. Although, I've known of some companies that hires employees with disabilities just so that way they will be able to hold their heads over the water to stay on the good side with the federal law re; American Disability Act or otherwise, they lose their funds/grants from the federal level. Some will want to avoid lawsuits, so and on.

I was told years ago that companies like to hire people with disabilities because they get a tax break. Has anyone else heard of this?

I just found this web site .

http://www.onestops.info/article.php?article_id=55

I notice she is very pretend comments, she not deaf or hoh I believe! she is hearing person!

She didn't tell you word, I reading to comments her look likes she is very delete comments

she didn't tell to word deaf or hoh idenity,
That is why , she delete comments, she not imply! comments

Last edited:
What is the significant of deleting "her comments which started this thread"?

What is the significant of deleting "her comments which started this thread"?

My guess is she came here looking for support and sympathy. But instead received just the opposite. Because of shame, humiliation and possibly anger she deleted her own posts as a means to erase from memory and eliminate some of the pain.

just do what I do to beggars in NYC - ignore'em.

Wow, OP started this thread and then deleted her posts...must well delete this thread,mods...I think it's rude.

maybe lb got job after all...irritating when people delete after everyone try give advice help or surpport,it very rude

maybe lb got job after all...irritating when people delete after everyone try give advice help or surpport,it very rude

Looks like the deleting occurred not long after my post about "Welcome to the real world....at least getting an interview."

Back