Feels so weird

dracotkk

Reaction score
I got a new hearing aid, one for my right ear. I took my old BTE for my left ear, a brand new ear mold for my right ear, and placed it in on my right ear which hasn't had a hearing aid in it ever, in my 19 years...

How long does it take for your ear to get used to having sound in it? (Btw, i'm deaf in that ear without it)

You mean once you put the hearing aid in your right ear, you still can not hear any sounds at all?....Honestly I don't know how long it takes, have you talked to your audiologist about this?....

Oh, i can hear sound in it now, i just got it. It's just very weird having audibel sound in that one... Bleh, it's a weird question, disregard.

Give it time for your brain to adjust and adapt.

Yea I was like that too when I got my new ones last year. Don't worry if you have it in all the time you'll eventually become used to it!! :D

Earmolds drive me nuts though so hopefully that's not what your problem is lol. I have the hard ones made out of plastic and they took me awhile to get used to because they aren't soft.

Anyways, good lucK!

I got a new hearing aid, one for my right ear. I took my old BTE for my left ear, a brand new ear mold for my right ear, and placed it in on my right ear which hasn't had a hearing aid in it ever, in my 19 years...

How long does it take for your ear to get used to having sound in it? (Btw, i'm deaf in that ear without it)

It may take at least six months ,IMO

In my case,I switched to bilateral hearing aid usage from unilatarel. it's been six months and I still do not get used to it completely .

It took me exactly one year to get used to the digital hearing aids from analog hearing aids because they sound so different. I went through frustrations as well, but I got used to it.

Im lazy about my HA very lazy, I have some hearing in my left ear and it's enof for a lot of thing I do at home when I'm by myself so I just don't bother when I don't really need it, it took me about a month to not relay nodes the ear mold so much no I know it's there but it dosen't bother me so much, on some days i don't even feel it. My first day with the aid I was very very giddy and jumping around at the thins I have been missing the last 24 years it was pretty sweet- still is but saround speakers drive me absolutely nuts. i don't think it should take to long for your brain to get used to havening sound in that ear if you have heard it before it is more of a conscious thing ware it for a little longer each day and you will get used to it.

Back