Feeling depressed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
CyberRed said:
Thanks for the links. I read them. Very interestin'. :)

FYI, I don't believe in Catholic doctrines.

Your welcome!:)

sculleywr said:
Point made. There weren't any laws against bringing your Bible to school at that time. Why don;t you do an experiment and observe a school lunch hour for a week or two, or maybe talk to Christian children who attend the school. Or maybe talk to the kids who go to my church and tried to start an after school Bible Study group on campus, AFTER the wiccan club had started. They were denied at Edward White High.

I don't remember any really religous people at my high school. Maybe I could ask my sister when she's back home. I loved to read all of the rules in the school handbook and didn't find anything against such things and I was there until 2002.

What laws are you referring to? I didn't find information about whatever happened at Edward White High. Are you sure that 'persecution of Christians' was the reason why it it happened there? Maybe it was some other reason. Maybe those particular Christians wanted to spread their religion and in public places like schools, you are not supposed to put pressure on others to change their religion. Maybe the Wiccan group got approved because they said they'd just talk about it and not put pressure on people to join their religion.

I go to RIT and it's a private school and there are several Christian groups as well as ones for Muslims, Jews and others. I even saw a sign for a meeting about Wicca. RIT housing has a rule against pressing others to convert and I could say that several people violated it when talking to me. I've gone to plenty of Christian meetings and they talk about their religion and sometimes talk of their mission to spread their religion among the rest of the students.

The poster for the Wicca meeting appeared to be about a meeting where people could ask questions if they wanted to. Nobody pressed anyone to go to that meeting. I haven't seen any Wiccans trying to spread their religion, but some other people said that there were some Christians trying to do that outside and I've seen Chick tracts left around and got mass mail about churches. The only others that I've seen doing this kind of thing were people who were putting Muslim tracts in between the doors and doorframes of people's rooms. I haven't seen Jews, Wiccans, Hindus, Buddhists, Sikhs or Baha'is preach to spread their religions.

It seems like that at least some Christians have a persecution complex that makes them think that they are being persecuted when they really only was being prevented from putting pressure on other people or something else like the guy in the court who said "Thank you, Jesus!" being in trouble for making the outburst, not the content of the outburst.

A good reason to disallow people from putting pressure on others about religion is to keep them from taking advantage of depressed people by letting them think that the religion would solve their problems.

RedFox said:
I don't remember any really religous people at my high school. Maybe I could ask my sister when she's back home. I loved to read all of the rules in the school handbook and didn't find anything against such things and I was there until 2002.

What laws are you referring to? I didn't find information about whatever happened at Edward White High. Are you sure that 'persecution of Christians' was the reason why it it happened there? Maybe it was some other reason. Maybe those particular Christians wanted to spread their religion and in public places like schools, you are not supposed to put pressure on others to change their religion. Maybe the Wiccan group got approved because they said they'd just talk about it and not put pressure on people to join their religion.

I go to RIT and it's a private school and there are several Christian groups as well as ones for Muslims, Jews and others. I even saw a sign for a meeting about Wicca. RIT housing has a rule against pressing others to convert and I could say that several people violated it when talking to me. I've gone to plenty of Christian meetings and they talk about their religion and sometimes talk of their mission to spread their religion among the rest of the students.

The poster for the Wicca meeting appeared to be about a meeting where people could ask questions if they wanted to. Nobody pressed anyone to go to that meeting. I haven't seen any Wiccans trying to spread their religion, but some other people said that there were some Christians trying to do that outside and I've seen Chick tracts left around and got mass mail about churches. The only others that I've seen doing this kind of thing were people who were putting Muslim tracts in between the doors and doorframes of people's rooms. I haven't seen Jews, Wiccans, Hindus, Buddhists, Sikhs or Baha'is preach to spread their religions.

It seems like that at least some Christians have a persecution complex that makes them think that they are being persecuted when they really only was being prevented from putting pressure on other people or something else like the guy in the court who said "Thank you, Jesus!" being in trouble for making the outburst, not the content of the outburst.

A good reason to disallow people from putting pressure on others about religion is to keep them from taking advantage of depressed people by letting them think that the religion would solve their problems.

You ever notice that Christians and Muslims are the only ones that have a direct order to spread their religion? "go ye into all the world and preach the gospel in Judaea, Samaria, and the uttermost parts of the earth. I would also appreciate it if you didn't take me out of context anymore, because I was speaking of SPIRITUAL depression, NOT PHYSICAL depression. However, the same student that had her Bible confiscated when she was reading it in personal reflection times AWAY from people, was partnered with a wiccan who had her books all over the place and was telling everyone about it. It seems that tolerance, like the New Age, has a place for every religion, EXCEPT Christians.

And secondly, you have no legal standing on the court case. There is freedom of speech, and a judge is not legally allowed to tell a person what he/she cannot do inside the legal limits of the law. An outburst is to be expected, especially with the fact that he could have faced the death penalty. There are outbursts in just about every courtroom from small claims to the US Supreme Court. Only one of which got sent to jail. Some may get told to leave the courtroom, but the one that said the name of Jesus in the courtroom gets jail.

sculleywr said:
You ever notice that Christians and Muslims are the only ones that have a direct order to spread their religion? "go ye into all the world and preach the gospel in Judaea, Samaria, and the uttermost parts of the earth.

That may be why people of those religions feel targeted by rules made to prevent people putting pressure on others to convert.

I would also appreciate it if you didn't take me out of context anymore, because I was speaking of SPIRITUAL depression, NOT PHYSICAL depression. However, the same student that had her Bible confiscated when she was reading it in personal reflection times AWAY from people, was partnered with a wiccan who had her books all over the place and was telling everyone about it. It seems that tolerance, like the New Age, has a place for every religion, EXCEPT Christians.

Maybe the bible was confiscated and not the Wiccan books because the bible is well known to be a religious book, unlike Wiccan books. Maybe it happened because Christianity is known to tell its followers to spread the religion and with Wicca, they don't seek to convert people, so they come across as talking about their religion, not pressing people to convert.

And how do you tell the difference between spiritual and physical depression?

And secondly, you have no legal standing on the court case. There is freedom of speech, and a judge is not legally allowed to tell a person what he/she cannot do inside the legal limits of the law. An outburst is to be expected, especially with the fact that he could have faced the death penalty. There are outbursts in just about every courtroom from small claims to the US Supreme Court. Only one of which got sent to jail. Some may get told to leave the courtroom, but the one that said the name of Jesus in the courtroom gets jail.

I read the post of that story here and it said that both the contempt and the abuse of a household member charges were misdemeanor ones.

Just because outbursts happen doesn't mean it's ok to let them all the time. Were you thinking of when people cry and things like that? The story said that he exclaimed "Thank you, Jesus!" so he was shouting it out. He also had his hands raised. A reason to disallow such things is to avoid having anyone who would be angry about his acquittal get upset by the outburst and threaten him.

RedFox said:
That may be why people of those religions feel targeted by rules made to prevent people putting pressure on others to convert.

Wow, he is finally getting it.

Maybe the bible was confiscated and not the Wiccan books because the bible is well known to be a religious book, unlike Wiccan books. Maybe it happened because Christianity is known to tell its followers to spread the religion and with Wicca, they don't seek to convert people, so they come across as talking about their religion, not pressing people to convert.

And how do you tell the difference between spiritual and physical depression?

Spiritual depression can be seen by a person falling into a religious routine. Physical depression can be seen by completely different things.

I read the post of that story here and it said that both the contempt and the abuse of a household member charges were misdemeanor ones.

Just because outbursts happen doesn't mean it's ok to let them all the time. Were you thinking of when people cry and things like that? The story said that he exclaimed "Thank you, Jesus!" so he was shouting it out. He also had his hands raised. A reason to disallow such things is to avoid having anyone who would be angry about his acquittal get upset by the outburst and threaten him.

Look, people don't get out of a criminal charge and not have some kind of outburst. There is no law that YOU can cite the prevents a person for thanking a religious entity. The law is freedom OF religion. Not freedom FROM religion. I think that if a person is going to threaten someone, they will threaten someone for said reason would still threaten him. Once the gun is shot, the stampede insues. The gun was the acquittal. The outburst is a happy EXCUSE.

sculleywr said:
Wow, he is finally getting it.

Spiritual depression can be seen by a person falling into a religious routine. Physical depression can be seen by completely different things.

Look, people don't get out of a criminal charge and not have some kind of outburst. There is no law that YOU can cite the prevents a person for thanking a religious entity. The law is freedom OF religion. Not freedom FROM religion. I think that if a person is going to threaten someone, they will threaten someone for said reason would still threaten him. Once the gun is shot, the stampede insues. The gun was the acquittal. The outburst is a happy EXCUSE.

Your posts gets OLD.. we will not listen to you anymore..
SxyPorkie

SxyPorkie said:
Your posts gets OLD.. we will not listen to you anymore..
SxyPorkie

One, I don't consider you a representative of the majority of people on this part of the site.

Two, I am looking for something that actually PROVES his side of the case. There is nothing in the constitution or any other law book that prohibits a person from thanking whoever he wants, religious entity or no.

Three, There are just as many threats thrown in courtrooms where there are no outbursts as there are with the outbursts. That being said, the trigger can't be the outburst. It is more likely the result of the case that is the trigger of the threat.

sculleywr said:
One, I don't consider you a representative of the majority of people on this part of the site.

Two, I am looking for something that actually PROVES his side of the case. There is nothing in the constitution or any other law book that prohibits a person from thanking whoever he wants, religious entity or no.

This was contempt of court. An example on that page of interfering with how well the court functions is yelling at the judge. The person is found in contempt because of the yelling, not necessary for what was yelled out. The news story said that the man exclaimed "Thank you, Jesus!" which means he yelled it. That is disrupting the court's process by making it hard for people to hear what's going on.

Three, There are just as many threats thrown in courtrooms where there are no outbursts as there are with the outbursts. That being said, the trigger can't be the outburst. It is more likely the result of the case that is the trigger of the threat.

Where did you get that? An outburst could make the threat worse without having to increase the number of threats.

RedFox said:
This was contempt of court. An example on that page of interfering with how well the court functions is yelling at the judge. The person is found in contempt because of the yelling, not necessary for what was yelled out. The news story said that the man exclaimed "Thank you, Jesus!" which means he yelled it. That is disrupting the court's process by making it hard for people to hear what's going on.

Yelling AT THE JUDGE. Not yelling at a religious figure that isn't in the room in person. And he yelled it AFTER the court was adjourned. Not guilty is generally followed by, "The defendant is released. This court is adjourned." Upon those final words, the court reporter is finished. Yelling after the verdict is read is NOT interfering with the proceedings of the court. It SPECIFICALLY says, "Criminal contempt occurs when the contemnor actually interferes with the ability of the court to function properly." After the verdict is read, the audience is already getting up. Finally, if the judge did NOT request "order in the court," the case for criminal contempt is based on quicksand.

Where did you get that? An outburst could make the threat worse without having to increase the number of threats.

Watch some CourtTV long enough and you get hooked on live cases. ESPECIALLY when one is based in your home city and has been on the news so long that you are wanting to see the end of it. I, in 4 years of watching those, have never seen a single person brought into custody for contempt of court for something like that.

jazzy said:
How do u know he was deaf all of his life? maybe he was hearing then became deaf and lost his speech, when Jesus came to him and clean his ears, and he remembered his speech. It still does not explain deep enough about his own deafness. U know I have not found one person got a new arm or leg thru Jesus Christ's healing.

Glad u get tohave some help with ur hearing. My sister who was HoH when she was kid and had surgery. Got her hearing back. It is big different between HoH and hearing. Good luck on this one.

Think about this = we have hearing aid technology today, right? Some claim it is supposedly to 100% help us but it doesnt really. So even with hearing aids we may still have "deaf accent" in our speech. Even with the cochlear implants, there is still training to be done to recognize sounds and recognize how to talk.

So with the Deaf man that Jesus healed, his speech was understood right away. It is this with the power of God that the Deaf man could hear everything clearly and his speech could be understood by all.

You also have to remember that not everything in the Bible is detailed. There may have been some healing Jesus did that is not even mentioned in the Bible.

Like for example: you know today when a person meets the opposite sex, some may say things like "WHOA BABY!" "Hey Hot STUFF!!" . . etc..

You dont even see in the Bible what Adam & Eve's first words were before Adam decided to call the woman Eve. It doesnt say if his heart started racing or if he started drooling over hear beauty, etc.

Even between the Old & New Testament is the "400 Silent Year" period. So as much information that makes us curious what happened, we'd just have to take the Bible as to what it has and the amount of information it has and apply it to today's life as even in Bible history. . There are still things that are repeated!. .

1purple_panda said:
Think about this = we have hearing aid technology today, right? Some claim it is supposedly to 100% help us but it doesnt really. So even with hearing aids we may still have "deaf accent" in our speech. Even with the cochlear implants, there is still training to be done to recognize sounds and recognize how to talk.

So with the Deaf man that Jesus healed, his speech was understood right away. It is this with the power of God that the Deaf man could hear everything clearly and his speech could be understood by all.

You also have to remember that not everything in the Bible is detailed. There may have been some healing Jesus did that is not even mentioned in the Bible.

Like for example: you know today when a person meets the opposite sex, some may say things like "WHOA BABY!" "Hey Hot STUFF!!" . . etc..

You dont even see in the Bible what Adam & Eve's first words were before Adam decided to call the woman Eve. It doesnt say if his heart started racing or if he started drooling over hear beauty, etc.

Even between the Old & New Testament is the "400 Silent Year" period. So as much information that makes us curious what happened, we'd just have to take the Bible as to what it has and the amount of information it has and apply it to today's life as even in Bible history. . There are still things that are repeated!. .

Well, God was the one that named her. Otherwise, :gpost:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back