FCC Seeks Comments on Closed Captioning

aRachel

Reaction score
:wave:
The Federal Communications Commission is seeking comments on closed captioning, according to a public notice released on October 25. The release notes that due to the many techonological advancements since it last sought public comment in 2005, “a refreshed record will better educate the Commission regarding the issues raised for comment in the pending proceedings.” Comments may be filed via the Internet by accessing the ECFS (Electronic Comment Filing System) or the Federal Rulemaking Portal, referencing CG Docket No. 05-231, ET Docket No. 99-254.

You can see more at the FCC website: FCC

If you look at the menu on the left side of the page, the button for filing a comment is the last choice on the menu.

If you don't leave any comments, they don't know what to change!!! A suggestion about minimum standards would help give the commission something to enforce! It would also give us consumers a standard to look for. There are court reporting associations who are trying to get a minimum standard enacted so that having jumbled improper letters on the screen is not considered sufficient to having "captions" on the screen.

I can't remember if I am allowed to put the link in the page, but I think it is something that everyone on this site should be aware of.

Back