FCC new rates!!!

Rate looks good that enough to deal! but sorenson would not survive $5.0668 per minute? Sorenson had sent fcc to propose an idea $5.98 per minute on single tier only. All VRS companies can get 1.6% allowance profits

Rate looks good that enough to deal! but sorenson would not survive $5.0668 per minute? Sorenson had sent fcc to propose an idea $5.98 per minute on single tier only. All VRS companies can get 1.6% allowance profits

Sorenson will survive on this, I believe in them but better wait on Sorenson's word. Lets find out when Sorenson say something about this.

Sorenson will survive on this, I believe in them but better wait on Sorenson's word. Lets find out when Sorenson say something about this.

Yes, I guess that sorenson has to freeze the hiring due if new rate being adopted. I will wait to listen from Sorenson.

Yes, I guess that sorenson has to freeze the hiring due if new rate being adopted. I will wait to listen from Sorenson.

purple get less money hard to repay $18M IOU to FCC
oh purple stock still 10 cent wait few day to see

Interesting... it similar same what Sorenson say...

Sorenson Communications - Connecting You

Sorenson Communications Responds to FCC's Interim VRS Rate

SALT LAKE CITY (June 29, 2010)—Sorenson Communications has developed the most advanced, user-friendly Telecommunications Relay Services (TRS) and is the industry-leading provider of Video Relay Service (VRS) in the United States. Efficient VRS can provide significant opportunities to the deaf and more fully integrate them into the mainstream. Among VRS providers, only Sorenson has been successful in reaching large numbers of people who are deaf.

The Federal Communications Commission (FCC) recently decided to adopt an interim rate of $5.07 a minute for providers of 500,000 minutes or more of VRS service. While an interim rate of $5.07 is an improvement over the $3.89 rate initially proposed in the April 30, 2010 FCC Public Notice, it is a significant reduction from the current VRS rate of $6.24. Sorenson is disappointed that the FCC, despite having access to the detailed audited financial materials submitted by Sorenson, chose a rate significantly below the rate that is required for Sorenson to maintain existing service levels. In light of the FCC's reduced rate, Sorenson anticipates having to make certain operational changes and cost reductions. However, Sorenson intends to do everything possible to minimize the impact of reduced service levels to VRS consumers that this FCC action necessitates. In addition, Sorenson plans to seek a stay of the rate order from the FCC and, if necessary, from a court. A stay of the current rate, if granted, would permit Sorenson to continue to maintain existing service levels.

Well, Some VRS providers are disappointed about new FCC rate approval.

I guess most of VRS are disappointed in this rates!

but I believe it still dont make sense at all.

6.24, 6.23 and then 5.07.

6.24 and 6.23 are close each other.. 1 cent different... while tiers 3 are 1.15 different... still dont make sense at all

6.24 and 6.23 are close each other.. 1 cent different... while tiers 3 are 1.15 different... still dont make sense at all

I'm not really understanding this, but some VRS also handle IP-relay while others don't at all.. Some make video cam, while others VRS don't

Is that's why the big different?

:shock:

1.15 different? Try again (math work... bam!) it 1.17 :P

In a way its good news. Now VRS companies cannot make drastic cuts to services and products and claim its FCC fault. Its time ffor them to start tighten thier pork belt.

Perhaps its time make a seperation of R&D from cost of VRS services. The hardware cost should also be seperate. I never really believed that Research and development should have come from the VRS mins. Look at it this way- if the largest 3 VRS companies out there have equal amount of r and d funding, can you imagine how quickly the competition can be easily leveled ? Granted that Sorenson is already ahead in this game since they already spent millions on the video compression chip for vp100 that led the way for vp200.

This is just some food for thoughts.

I'm not really understanding this, but some VRS also handle IP-relay while others don't at all.. Some make video cam, while others VRS don't

Is that's why the big different?

Not exactly. There are separate rates for IPRelay. The rates we are talking about are for VRS ONLY.

I think the big reason for this is due to Sorenson getting about 85% of the minutes. I mean, think about it. Suppose you want to purchase 100 widgets from a company. The company offers a bulk discount of about 10 cents per widget. If later, you want 1,000 widgets, the company lowers it down to maybe 8 cents. Later on, when you're rich, you might want 100,000 widgets. The company may offer 5 cents.

The point here is that the cost per unit is inversely proportional to the amount of units. Sorenson is getting a metric buttload of minutes, so I think it is fair to get less per minute than if you don't have so many minutes to reimburse.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9jOa0iY36c&[/ame]

Back