FBI violated my son's ADA rights

you explained it well plasticdinosaur, as a homosexual, you denounced those acts, unlike the other.
it is not about ignorant, it is confronting PC views.
regards

It's horrible what this thread has turned into. We went from a mother with simple ADA questions, to accusing homosexuals of being sexual predators...

I myself am a lesbian, and I work with exceptional needs special education students and a Christian- a Quaker. I would rather CUT OFF MY OWN LEGS with a hand saw then ever hurt any of these children in any way, let alone in -that- way. I am a homosexual, I am not a pedophile, and I find it offensive to make the comparison. Pedophilia is wrong, and if ever found out one of my children had been hurt that way, I very well may have a very hard time not killing the fucker who did it.

You Duray, are ignorant, and I do truly hope that one day your views will change. But I'm not holding my breath.

Glenn, my wife was raped by a dorm resident at MSSD many years ago. Most deaf men will stayed silent, but deaf women are scarred for life. I witnessed confrontations at MSSD and even in the Gallaudet cafeteria when the accused confronted her accuser.
Nothing normal????

Nothing normal about that.

you explained it well plasticdinosaur, as a homosexual, you denounced those acts, unlike the other.
it is not about ignorant, it is confronting PC views.
regards

Glenn, my wife was raped by a dorm resident at MSSD many years ago. Most deaf men will stayed silent, but deaf women are scarred for life. I witnessed confrontations at MSSD and even in the Gallaudet cafeteria when the accused confronted her accuser.
Nothing normal????

What fucking is wrong with your mind?

Homosexual has OBVIOUSLY nothing with pedophile so quit obsessed with FRC.

Homosexual and pedophile are COMPLETELY separated so you cannot compare with both of them.

I have no sympathy for your life due to anti-gay view and you are losing my respect, anyway.

Nothing normal????
Yeah, I know there have been abuses. There have been at the deaf school where I went to school.

It doesn't mean it is right or normal.

Nothing normal????

I am sorry to hear about your wife. That is awful.

But just to make a point, was your wife raped by a woman? If not, then obviously, pedophiles CAN be straight....

No offense but I think you don't understand 50% or more of the posts in this thread. Your responses don't make sense.

Also, I think you are confusing "normal" with "common". Normal usually means traditional/accepted. It is also usually associated with a GOOD thing. Common means it happens FREQUENTLY whether it is a good thing or a bad thing. Do you see what I mean? Maybe you meant that rapes at dorms are COMMON/frequent?

At least... I hope that's what you meant.

I am sorry to hear about your wife. That is awful.

But just to make a point, was your wife raped by a woman? If not, then obviously, pedophiles CAN be straight....

No offense but I think you don't understand 50% or more of the posts in this thread. Your responses don't make sense.

Also, I think you are confusing "normal" with "common". Normal usually means traditional/accepted. It is also usually associated with a GOOD thing. Common means it happens FREQUENTLY whether it is a good thing or a bad thing. Do you see what I mean? Maybe you meant that rapes at dorms are COMMON/frequent?

At least... I hope that's what you meant.

:gpost:
As usual, right on the money.

Heterosexuality is normal. of course
Polygamy is normal. but it is banned in all 50 states. A few sects practiced it.
As long they are married, any boy and girl sexual relationship is normal, including a brother and sister. Some states allowed 2nd or 3rd cousins to marry.
Father-daughter love relationship is normal. of course, everyone in the family love each other.
Man-girl love is normal. as long as the long is above 18 years old. In some states, 16 or 17 years old.

I wondered why people on this forum did not put down criminal acts.....

Conclude?

I can tell you that it's pretty normal to kill.

Conclude?

well daredevel7, when I was at Gallaudet, yes women raped women (or rather girls raped girls). Same for like some deaf guys confused sex and rape or rape and sex. one of the oncall infirmary drivers mentioned this to my group at the dorm. really sad deaf fact. I remembered the then-Capitol Hill hospital always had an interpreter ready for deaf patients from Gallaudet. Yes, I don't understand like 50% of the posts because I understand criminal and what is not criminal. But some posters justified this or that, which I don't understand. one got to see the abuse itself rather than just what is being read or broadcast on the news.

I am sorry to hear about your wife. That is awful. But just to make a point, was your wife raped by a woman? If not, then obviously, pedophiles CAN be straight....No offense but I think you don't understand 50% or more of the posts in this thread. Your responses don't make sense. Also, I think you are confusing "normal" with "common". Normal usually means traditional/accepted. It is also usually associated with a GOOD thing. Common means it happens FREQUENTLY whether it is a good thing or a bad thing. Do you see what I mean? Maybe you meant that rapes at dorms are COMMON/frequent? At least... I hope that's what you meant.

well daredevel7, when I was at Gallaudet, yes women raped women (or rather girls raped girls). Same for like some deaf guys confused sex and rape or rape and sex. one of the oncall infirmary drivers mentioned this to my group at the dorm. really sad deaf fact. I remembered the then-Capitol Hill hospital always had an interpreter ready for deaf patients from Gallaudet. Yes, I don't understand like 50% of the posts because I understand criminal and what is not criminal. But some posters justified this or that, which I don't understand. one got to see the abuse itself rather than just what is being read or broadcast on the news.

Sigh... I don't even know what you're arguing about anymore.

You said in a post that ALL pedophiles are gay. I am simply arguing that pedophiles CAN be straight, too. That is ALL.

I don't know if you're still arguing that all pedophiles are gay or if you are talking about something else.

And you said some posters are justifying "this or that". See bolded above. What is "this or that"? I can safely tell you that here in AD, we ALL do not tolerate raping of ANY kind. Men raping women, men raping men, women raping women. It's ALL very bad to us. So what exactly do you think we are justifying?

Daredevelopment7,
no it is illegal for a 40 year old man to have sex with a 13 year old, girl or boy. that is rape according to the legal definition.
but in some deaf schools, that is normal for dorm staffs to rape/have sex with innocent deaf kids.

normal? I think you are sorely mistaken. Yes, it has happened but I dont think the whole community would root for something like that. At least not with the Deaf community I am associated with.

There has been stories among the hearing world how the superstar athletes in high schools raped the girls and the girls get blamed by the community. Does that mean EVERY hearing person supports that? No...

Good video, webexplorer. She is correct that in prisons, the deaf are left on their own when it comes to hearing and understanding announcements over the loudspeakers. However, if a deaf person asks other inmates for help in that area, all too often it translates into forced sexual favors. It is horrible. I like the idea of having Deaf prisons staffed with qualified professionals who understand deaf culture, counselors who sign, etc. It is so easy to set up and will save taxpayers far more money than they can imagine, since I am convinced the number of repeat offenders will be greatly reduced.

How about deaf people just quit breaking the law and they would not have to worry about it. I don't; see the point in having terps in prisons for prisoners think it would be a waste of money. If anything they can buy a screen scroll word thingy (can't think of what they are called) that they can type the announcements in and that would be good enough. as far as I am concerned they gave up all their rights when they chose to break the law they are already convicted so any ada rights do not apply to them. Only humanitarian rules should apply. JMO

How about deaf people just quit breaking the law and they would not have to worry about it. I don't; see the point in having terps in prisons for prisoners think it would be a waste of money. If anything they can buy a screen scroll word thingy (can't think of what they are called) that they can type the announcements in and that would be good enough. as far as I am concerned they gave up all their rights when they chose to break the law they are already convicted so any ada rights do not apply to them. Only humanitarian rules should apply. JMO

I can't tell you how offensive I find this post. There simply are not words that carry that much intensity.

Uh, So you think by taking a Deaf person right to communicate efficiently away is OK??

Sarcasticly.. sure take away the wheelchairs, medication, and glasses too!!!
:roll:

I like the idea of alll deaf/hoh people becoming lw abiding citizens and hearing people become criminals. Then, deaf can take over this counrty! :)

Taking away a deaf's person most effective means of communicating and understanding messages seems a rather inhumane thing to do.

Last edited:
ADA rights are humanitarian. :roll:

There is such thing as pen and paper that costs less than a dollar. Than hiring a "qualified professional" to interpret for one prisoner is a waste of money. Like I said jmo. Sorry you find it offensive. If he needs a terp then he should pay for it. if he can use hearing aids then he should be supplied with them but they don't hire someone to push around a wheelchair. It is not life threatening for him not to be able to use sign language with another inmate. If they make announcements known to him they are treating him the same way the other inmates are being treated. Never really thought about it but I am sticking to my opinion.

fyi, prisoners are protected under the ada unless it is a private facility and not a gov. then they are not. (Don't ask me the difference between the two cause you got me,if you are locked in someones basement lol they don't care!) I just thought I would look it up since everyone is argueing about it. There are several cases being filed by deaf or HOH inmates now because their rights were denied. So obviously my opinion doesn't really matter. He has those rights.

There is such thing as pen and paper that costs less than a dollar. Than hiring a "qualified professional" to interpret for one prisoner is a waste of money. Like I said jmo. Sorry you find it offensive. If he needs a terp then he should pay for it. if he can use hearing aids then he should be supplied with them but they don't hire someone to push around a wheelchair. It is not life threatening for him not to be able to use sign language with another inmate. If they make announcements known to him they are treating him the same way the other inmates are being treated. Never really thought about it but I am sticking to my opinion.

You just do not get it...:roll:

fyi, prisoners are protected under the ada unless it is a private facility and not a gov. then they are not. (Don't ask me the difference between the two cause you got me,if you are locked in someones basement lol they don't care!) I just thought I would look it up since everyone is argueing about it. There are several cases being filed by deaf or HOH inmates now because their rights were denied. So obviously my opinion doesn't really matter. He has those rights.

I've got news for you. A deaf inmate is protected by the ADA regardless of whether the facility is privately owned or government run. The ADA is not a legislation of convenience. It applies globally.

Back