Favourite Classic Book

Kira

Reaction score
Hey, everyone!

I know classics have been making a comeback lately in the book world. Books like Pride and Prejudice, The Phantom of the Opera, The Three Musketeers, Wuthering Heights, and many more. I want to know what you guys think.

What classic book out there is your guys' favourite?

Favorites....

Sense and Sensibility
The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe
Henry V
The Dead
The Legend of Sleepy Hollow
The Masque of the Red Death
A Christmas Carol

Laura

Are you from England?

Favourite :lol:

I don't read books, and usually cheated in High School by bribing $20 to my classmates to tell me summary from that book we were asked to read all together, and I still passed the pop quiz/final exams. :lol: I enjoy reading on the internet, not from the book. Maybe I will read more e-books on iPad mini. iPad mini will be in stores on Nov 2nd.

street car called desire,tennerse williams
short stories of katherine mansfield
room with a view ..em forster
third man graham green
brighton rock ..green

"Roots"..."Gone With the Wind"....used to have my own mini-library and was a book worm....but time marches on...don't read very much anymore, just on the Internet.

I still think To Kill a Mockingbird is one of the most powerful books I've ever read

Are you from England?

Favourite :lol:

I don't read books, and usually cheated in High School by bribing $20 to my classmates to tell me summary from that book we were asked to read all together, and I still passed the pop quiz/final exams. :lol: I enjoy reading on the internet, not from the book. Maybe I will read more e-books on iPad mini. iPad mini will be in stores on Nov 2nd.

No. Born and raised in Cali. But for some reason I've always spelled in the English form of words. I try to avoid it in school, though.

As long as you read, it's a good thing. Haha.

The Heart is A lonely Hunter

All of John Steinbeck's books, I love 'Of Mice and men'

A Death in the Family

To Kill A Mocking bird
Lords of the Flies

Tess of The D'urbervilles

here are some of the ones I like.

Steinbeck is tough for me to read, but I read East of Eden and was pleasantly surprised at how incredible it was. I loved that everyone was a little evil: There was no clear cut "good guy" in the book, in my mind.

And though these are not a classic, I really enjoy the books written by Ruth Ozeki, such as My Year of Meat, and All Over Creation. Her novels touch on the traditional roles of women, cultural comparison and conflict, Americans as observed from the inside and out... all from a woman's narrative. Of all the things I was forced to read in college, this is the only book I can really say I enjoyed.

"Roots"..."Gone With the Wind"....used to have my own mini-library and was a book worm....but time marches on...don't read very much anymore, just on the Internet.

i much the same no seem able concentrate these days..got about 5 books on the go over a year now

i much the same no seem able concentrate these days..got about 5 books on the go over a year now

I'm a very slow reader myself. As much as I've wanted to read "The Count of Monte Cristo," I worry I'll never get through it. I loved the French film version of that book though with Gerard Depardieu.

In addition to those books already mention, I enjoy:

Brave New World
Animal Farm
On the Road
The Catcher in the Rye
A Farewell to Arms

Back