Favorite Web Design Program Software?

Favorite HTML Design Software?

• Total voters

Bright-Eyed-TJ

Reaction score
What is your favorite HTML editing software?

Dreamweaver?

Frontpage?

Arachnophillia?

Regular Notepad?

NVU?

CoffeeCup?

Appreciate your feedbacks!

As for me, I love Dreamweaver. It makes very easy to do HTML and editing. The learning curve is huge, but after that it's worth it.

I have tried almost all of the free softwares and other cheaper ones, but Dreamweaver seems to do it all.

Anyone else?

There are 2 programs that I use almost all the time when creating/editing HTML and CSS files... Dreamweaver and Notepad.

If I'm in a hurry, I'll use Dreamweaver to whip up a quick HTML file. When I want to clean it up a bit or add a few specific details, I'll use Notepad. :)

If I'm in a hurry, I'll use Dreamweaver to whip up a quick HTML file. When I want to clean it up a bit or add a few specific details, I'll use Notepad. :)
Why use Notepad at all? Just use Dreamweaver's Code view. It has syntax-highlighting and code-completion/code-suggestion features, making it a vastly superior editor than Notepad when it comes to hand-coding HTML.

Why use Notepad at all? Just use Dreamweaver's Code view. It has syntax-highlighting and code-completion/code-suggestion features, making it a vastly superior editor than Notepad when it comes to hand-coding HTML.
The problem is that Dreamweaver uses auto-format features which I sometimes do and do not use. It becomes a pain in the butt having to turn on and off the auto-format features.

For instance...

The original HTML code I added was for a word I wanted to be in bold.

So, I type in this... <B>awesome</B>

Later, I realize that I want to also make it in italics too.

So, I start typing this at the beginning... <I><B>awesome</B>

It automatically inserts the tail. <I></I><B>awesome</B>

I then have to delete the </I> and put it at the end so that it is <I><B>awesome</B></I>

I am already aware of the coding feature in Dreamweaver.

Yep I agree! Notepad allows a much cleaner format.
Dreamweaver and most HTML/CSS editors add extraneous code that is messy for the Search Engines to follow.

Also with Dreamweaver seems HUGE learning curve, Gosh!

But I still prefer Dreamweaver over all others. Especially Front Page - Ack! :ugh3: :ugh3:

When I did webdesign, I used Dreamweaver. But, all my webpages were "hand coded".

When I did webdesign, I used Dreamweaver. But, all my webpages were "hand coded".
Yep!

Even in my web development class, my teacher would allow us to use Dreamweaver on our projects... but would quiz or test us on HTML without using Dreamweaver.

At the beginning of the quarter, he talked about all the programs we would be using in class. One of the programs was a simple text editor like Notepad or something.

Well, when it came time to take the test... the only thing we could do was use a text editor and not Dreamweaver. Some students took Dreamweaver for granted and never bothered to learn the coding. :(

Well, when it came time to take the test... the only thing we could do was use a text editor and not Dreamweaver. Some students took Dreamweaver for granted and never bothered to learn the coding. :(

Ha! BAD move, definitely! See what happens! I find that you SHOULD know HTML -before- you attempt to learn something like Dreamweaver.

If you make mistake in the design part, you have to go to the code and figure out what happened. If you don't know HTML, it's gonna take a heck of a lot longer to find out what you did wrong and fix it!

I love Notepad/NoteTab! No added extraneous code, everything exactly as you 'tell it' to. :D

But Dreamweaver does make it easier to make sure your images are in the right place, as well as making TABLES for you! I can't stand making tables in Notetab. :lol:

Ha! BAD move, definitely! See what happens! I find that you SHOULD know HTML -before- you attempt to learn something like Dreamweaver.

If you make mistake in the design part, you have to go to the code and figure out what happened. If you don't know HTML, it's gonna take a heck of a lot longer to find out what you did wrong and fix it!

I love Notepad/NoteTab! No added extraneous code, everything exactly as you 'tell it' to. :D

But Dreamweaver does make it easier to make sure your images are in the right place, as well as making TABLES for you! I can't stand making tables in Notetab. :lol:
That's exactly what I do.

For instance, I want a website with tables... images... menu links... etc. I will draw it up quickly using Dreamweaver. I'll type in the information I want. I'll put it where I want it to go.

Next, I use Notepad to fine-tune it. I fix the kinks and make it look better. Sadly, not all features work in Dreamweaver. That's why I will open it with an internet browser and refresh it every time I save the file. :)

I have Dreamweaver 8 and Flash 8. Actually, I don't understand how to create one with the Flash.

Anyway, I noticed that many websites run on Flash for the animations or graphics. I realized that I couldn't save some "text" information because it is programed on Flash which is not html so I'm stuck with it. I don't think that it is really good idea for anyone to create with the Flash software.

Anyway, I noticed that many websites run on Flash for the animations or graphics. I realized that I couldn't save some "text" information because it is programed on Flash which is not html so I'm stuck with it. I don't think that it is really good idea for anyone to create with the Flash software.
Flash has a steep learning curve, especially if one needs to do some programming. One thing I hated about Flash 8 --> CS3 transistion was that ActionScript 2 underwent a fundamental change to a version 3, almost a complete rewrite. I was beginning to understand ActionScript 2 fairly well, and now this. :rl:

I still use Flash CS3 for encoding videos for use on my websites, though.

well if you want notepad but have a bit of dreamweaver - use notepad++

Back