Starsky and Hutch
Dukes of Hazzard
Enos
CHiPs
Trauma Center (1989)
Code Red (LA FD)
Trauma (SF FD Ambulance)
Knight Rider (both versions)
BJ and The Bear (Trucker with a chimp outrunning from the state police).
A-Team
ER
Trapper (Dr Trapper)
Cops
Rescue 911
Adam-12
Sierra (Ranger Rescue that John drive a 4x4 camper truck converted to an ambulance).
TLC channel for medical ER and Rescues (Discovery Health)
3rd Watch (NY PD and FD)
Air Wolf (Police military style helicopter)
Mr T (He drive a taxicab)
Emergency 4+ cartoon
Emergency One (half hour series)
Six Million Dollar Man
Bionic Woman (Both versions)
Wonder Woman
Fall Guy
MacGyver

The Waltons
Gunsmoke
The Little Rascals
Leave it to Beaver
Bonanza
The Jetsons
The Tonight Show with Johnny Carson
The Lone Ranger

Last edited:
My favorite shows during late 80's and 1990's.
Legends of the Hidden Temple
Nickelodeon Guts
The Ren & Stimpy Show
Wild & Crazy Kids
Double Dare
Doug
CatDog
Figure It Out
Rocko's Modern Life
What Would You Do?
Aaahh!!! Real Monsters
Rugrats
Hey Arnold!
Rocket Power
The Wild Thornberrys
All That
Kenan & Kel
Dexter's Laboratory
Johnny Bravo
Cow and Chicken
The Powerpuff Girls
Ed, Edd n Eddy
Tom & Jerry
Scooby-Doo
Looney Tunes
Alvin and the Chipmunks
The Flintstones
Jonny Quest
The Jetsons
Tiny Toon Adventures
The Real Adventures of Jonny Quest
Batman: The Animated Series
DuckTales
Care Bears
Mickey Mouse and Friends
TaleSpin
Good Morning, Mickey!
Mickey Mouse shows

Disney Channel and Nickelodeon have changed so much, and their new shows are more lame now.

Gosh, we didn't have cable or satellite, so no Disney. It was the highlight of the week to get to watch, "The Wonderful World of Walt Disney" every Sunday Night.

Gosh, we didn't have cable or satellite, so no Disney. It was the highlight of the week to get to watch, "The Wonderful World of Walt Disney" every Sunday Night.

Yup, in 80's and 90's, the Disney channel was only limited to digital cable so you only need setup box and subscribe to digital cable, however there are no tv guide built in until late 90's. In late 90's, the Disney channel moved from digital cable to basic cable.

Yup, in 80's and 90's, the Disney channel was only limited to digital cable so you only need setup box and subscribe to digital cable, however there are no tv guide built in until late 90's. In late 90's, the Disney channel moved from digital cable to basic cable.

Well - I was a child of the 60's and 70's. We only had those huge honkin' antennas that towered over your roof and if they weren't done right, could come down in a good Florida storm. Also, if the channel never came in clear enough, you went out and turned the antenna until the picture was clear.

Well - I was a child of the 60's and 70's. We only had those huge honkin' antennas that towered over your roof and if they weren't done right, could come down in a good Florida storm. Also, if the channel never came in clear enough, you went out and turned the antenna until the picture was clear.

My parents had some handle in the wall behind the tv that let them turn the antenna from inside!

You're a YOUNGSTER! :laugh2: I used to plan my college class schedule so I could be home in time for Dark Shadows, the original one that aired 1966-1971 in the later afternoons. :P

Glad I am a youngster to somebody. My kids will tell me that somebody they met is OLD, and then it turns out, they are my age.:roll:

I must have watched the first or second season of Dark Shadows only, though.

We didn't have television in the 60s, which is probably why I watched Dark Shadow at my babysitter's.=)
We only got television at all because somebody gave us one.
My parents didn't bother to get cable OR color television until 1981- after I was out of the house.

I am not bitter about that.

Much.

Okay, really, not at all. We also did not have television in our once when my husband and I married. Then somebody gave us one, history repeated itself. Except we have never gotten cable, and we have almost never lived where there was any television reception without it.

My kids thought teenage mutant ninja turtles was a science program.

We didn't have television in the 60s, which is probably why I watched Dark Shadow at my babysitter's.=)
My parents didn't bother to get cable OR color television until 1981- after I was out of the house.

Much.

Okay, really, not at all. We also did not have television in our once when my husband and I married. Then somebody gave us one, history repeated itself. Except we have never gotten cable, and we have almost never lived where there was any television reception without it.

Now you have internet, so you could watch what you want on Hulu.

The basic cable started in 1970's, I think so because my mother got basic cable in early 70's, ended decade of local channels only via antenna. During this time, the cable is more limited to urban only and not many Americans subscribe to cable or satellite until few decades later.

I remember about ABC broadcasting Disney shows because ABC is owned by Disney. For antenna in 60's and 70's, you got CBS, NBC, ABC and NET (eventually became PBS), is it right?

Much.

Because TV was so expensive in past?

My mother had TV for rest of her childhood in 60's and 70's, her family got color TV in late 60's but... the color isn't great.

I was big fan of TMNT and they weren't scenific to me. I remember about Burger King included TMNT in kid meal in 1992 and I got a lot of TMNT toys for Christmas 1991.

Because TV was so expensive in past?

My mother had TV for rest of her childhood in 60's and 70's, her family got color TV in late 60's but... the color isn't great.

I was big fan of TMNT and they weren't scenific to me. I remember about Burger King included TMNT in kid meal in 1992 and I got a lot of TMNT toys for Christmas 1991.

Not because TV was expensive. Because my parents thought it was a waste of time.
My husband and I thought the same- and also that it was just bubblegum for the brain. Kids were better off playing.

TMT isn't scientific at all. That was a joke.
Okay, not a very good joke.:wave:

I meant my kids never saw any episodes of TMT, but all their friends were always talking about it, and since my kids never saw it, they had the idea that their friends were watching a science show about real turtles.

They did have some hilarious conversations where their friends would ask my kids questions like "Who do you like better, Donatello, or Michelangelo?"

My kids knew who Donatello and Michelangelo really were, but did not know anything about TMNT, so their answers made no sense to their friends, and their friends ideas about the Italian artists really confused my kids.

Not because TV was expensive. Because my parents thought it was a waste of time.
My husband and I thought the same- and also that it was just bubblegum for the brain. Kids were better off playing.

TMT isn't scientific at all. That was a joke.
Okay, not a very good joke.:wave:

I meant my kids never saw any episodes of TMT, but all their friends were always talking about it, and since my kids never saw it, they had the idea that their friends were watching a science show about real turtles.

They did have some hilarious conversations where their friends would ask my kids questions like "Who do you like better, Donatello, or Michelangelo?"

My kids knew who Donatello and Michelangelo really were, but did not know anything about TMNT, so their answers made no sense to their friends, and their friends ideas about the Italian artists really confused my kids.

Oh interesting, yup, the character's names are just same as Italian artists. :lol:

I remember about I wore TMNT costume for halloween in 1992.

I hadn't watch TV so much during teenager until very recently, I'm starting watch TV so more frequently because they improve my mood and social.

I made additional about favorite show - The Simpsons and have watch since 1991.

When I was a kid, my favorites were all the old b&w Westerns, My Favorite Martian, Bewitched, Donna Reed, My Three Sons, old sci-fi movies, Twilight Zone, The Outer Limits, and The Man from Uncle. We had either rabbit ears or roof-top antennas, and got only ABC, NBC, CBS, and PBS. Once in a while we could get an additional local UHF channel. We had b&w TV's only. My first color TV was a portable Hubby and I got in the late 1970's. We got cable in 2001 because we wanted the TV/internet package (I was sick of dial up).

For part of my childhood, the TV was kept in a closet and rolled out for prime time only.

When I was a kid, my favorites were all the old b&w Westerns, My Favorite Martian, Bewitched, Donna Reed, My Three Sons, old sci-fi movies, Twilight Zone, The Outer Limits, and The Man from Uncle. We had either rabbit ears or roof-top antennas, and got only ABC, NBC, CBS, and PBS. Once in a while we could get an additional local UHF channel. We had b&w TV's only. My first color TV was a portable Hubby and I got in the late 1970's. We got cable in 2001 because we wanted the TV/internet package (I was sick of dial up).

For part of my childhood, the TV was kept in a closet and rolled out for prime time only.

Aw... in old time, I remember about local channel - FOX, ABC, CBS, NBC, WB, UPN, PBS, Univision and Telemundo. It is much changed since 2006, it is FOX, ABC, NBC, WB, CW, MyNetworkTV, ION, PBS, Univision and Telemundo now.

However, there is no Univision and Telemundo in Birmingham metro, it is only available in metro with larger group of latino like LA, Chicago, DC, Atlanta, NYC, etc. It is moot if you don't know know about spanish language.

Back