Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Pontiac

• other????

• Total voters

The*Empress

Reaction score
Why do many people like foreigner cars better than American cars?

Is it because of the exterior?

I noticed the more bigger the American cars are, the more better engines.

Is that true?

And foreigner cars, they have same size smaller cars with best engines.

All we have to do is put our best engines in Ford Focus or Cavalier,, then everybody will buy that.

And we should get rid of big cars such as Fifth Avenue Chrysler.

Miss*Pinocchio said:
...And we should get rid of big cars such as Fifth Avenue Chrysler.
Why "get rid of" some cars? If people don't like them, they won't buy them, and the manufacturers will quit making them. No one is forced to buy big cars. Some people need big cars. Just let the market decide.

CrazyMomma said:
Where is SUBARU?!?!?! :shock:
...also Suzuki, Volga, Volvo, Yugo, Oldsmobile, Porsche, Mini Cooper, Saturn, Triumph, Renault, Fiat, Lambourgheni, etc. :D

I have to admit, that in the last 20+ years, most of the cars that I have had were foreign. Honda, Datsun, Nissan (yes I know they are one and the same, but I had an older model Datsun, B-something, I think), and once, a Ford Cortina (British).

Why? They were cheaper. They were economical on gas. They got up and went! Only one was a real problem, and that was the Nissan Pulsar - electrical problems.

When I was ready to trade in my Nissan Pulsar, I told myself it was time to try and support America by buying American.

I did my research on the internet, and ended up with a 1999 Pontiac Sunfire (built right here in America, in Landstown, Ohio). Yes, I know the safety rating on this make and model were not quite as good as other models of the same price range, but the 0 - 60 in 6.2 seconds enticed me very much!

Other than a bad sparkplug wire last winter, and having the sunroof motor replaced (usually, I don't purchase an extended warranty, but at the time I was single and did not have a trusty mechanic I could count on, lol, so I went ahead and purchased the extended warranty for the Pontiac, which was a good thing because otherwise it would have cost me about $2500), she has been a very good car! Oh, and I had to have the front windshield replaced, cracked from pea gravel after snow a couple of years ago.

She's got 70,000+ miles, we just went and had the transmission serviced, serpentine belt replaced, started adding Duralube on the oil changes, and all the other maintenance done, and she'll go another 70,000 miles!

PS ~ I really don't have a favorite make. I've had soooo many different cars (and one 1955 Ford F150!) over the years, Ford, Datsun, Honda, Plymouth, VW, Nissan, Dodge, Chevrolet, Pontiac, I can't really say which is my favorite.

I do however, have a wish list...lol!

I'd love a Prowler!
I'd love a Volvo P1800
I love my 1966 Datsun 1600 Roadster

I like some of the retro-looking vehicles that we are seeing of late - the PT Cruiser and the Chevy SSR pickup with retractable top. Way too cool!

PPS ~ Have ya'll (ok, ok, I am an Oregon native, live in Oregon, but waaaay back when, my ex-husband was in the Army and we were stationed at Ft. Stewart in Georgia for 14 months, and I have a legal right to say "ya'll" now, lol) noticed that I like to talk? That's why I'm the Tupperware Lady!!!!

:laugh2:

I'm a Toyota car user. :) I've owned 2 Toyotas in my life....had a Grand Jeep Cherokee once but that is a gas guzzler. The Toyota Camry I have now is great on gas, IMHO. :)

Too bad I can't do mulitple choices. Anyways, I like Honda, Subaru and Toyota. I currently have a 1994 Honda Civic that keeps on running and doesn't want to break down on me. It's great on gas and reliabity. I want a Subaru Impreza WRX as my next car because I like rally cars kicking dust.

I used to like BMW and MersedecBenz cuz where popular in Europe, but I bought both cars, Toyota Camry and 4Runner :lol: now I m thinking to change/trade(Sell Toyota and buy) to Volkswagen :aw:

I am GM guys, most of my vehicles were GM, and yea mostly PU trucks. I had good and bad experience with GM. So, hard to say. Volkswagen diesel, I love that 80's Jetta... They were good on driving and very very gas miser! I get average of 60 miles to gallon, no kidding!!! It was Diesel, remember? Not turbodiesel or gas. The only plm with this trusty diesel is that it don't have much power! Probably around 50 horses! It don't dart well like most cars do. Yea, they accelerate like 18 wheelers. After 1998, VW isnt as good as it used to be! Most of them now makes in Mexico! The best America car I have is Jeep Cherokee sport. Man powerful, dependable! Gas guzzler, somewhat yea.

I own Golf (Volkswagon) and my hubby own BMW combi (for family car)...

Both cars are old... We are looking for used car but it must be saved energy with enivornment...

We have Chevrolet company next road where we live... I was told that Chevorlet (American car) eat a lot of gasoline... :dunno:

I like eurpoean sport cars the most. Few American cars/ trucks and Toyota cars also.

Right now I own a Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited and GMC Sonoma truck. Both 4x4.

I really drool on 2005 Ford Mustang and really hope that I can afford one someday.

But to top my wish list it would be a BMW car .. 2005 Mustang the second.

id have to say ford and volkswagon. i would love to have a 1940 ford truck. and an old VW Bus like in the pictures below

redtruck7uy.jpg

bluebus4vt.jpg

Domestic baby!

well i own '98 american muscle (camaro z28) totally STOCK! eh? but i m dreamin of swap with 383 stroke. And with Borla Exhuast Systems. that sound should be AWESOME!!!!!!!!

Miss*Pinocchio said:
Why do many people like foreigner cars better than American cars?

Is it because of the exterior?

I noticed the more bigger the American cars are, the more better engines.

Is that true?

And foreigner cars, they have same size smaller cars with best engines.

All we have to do is put our best engines in Ford Focus or Cavalier,, then everybody will buy that.

And we should get rid of big cars such as Fifth Avenue Chrysler.

Because American cars dont give a fuck about MPG (Mile per gals). Very very few american cars good with MPG.

Too many foreigner cars have great MPG. My Subaru RS 2001 is AWD and I made 290-320miles in 11 Gal and very quick.

istockphoto_265818_pink_beetle_car.jpg

It is my dream car I would love to own it - especially painting in PINK.

If my daughters see this car, they would play a childish game - "Punch Buggy" here

OK, some of you may not know the old game of ' Punch Buggy' but those who do probably still have the bruises to show for it. Some of us have been playing for decades, beating the crap out of our best friends in order to get one up in a childish little game. ( He he he...)

When I was in America and Canada, I could not believe how huge these cars are, I prefer 4 wheel drive car such as Toyota Landcruiser than big sedan cars.

Back