Favorite Author

huh? Franz Kafka died in the 1924, so how could he have flown to the US for the Oscar Awards? Hmmm? I am confused :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by Teekie
My favorite is Shakespeare too, I have all of his works into one book.. (Its a pretty thick book, :laugh2: I like to read it whenever I'm bored or have nothing to do..or while I'm on car trips. I also like to read poetry, so I'd say my other favorite author is Robert Frost. :)

:werd: i like the works of Frost too in poetry along with the works of Edgar Allan Poe (particularly "THE RAVEN"), Sappho, William Butler Yeats, John Keats and some works of Rudyard Kipling in the poetry category

novels -- i LOVE the works of Stephen King, Dean Koontz, John Saul, Robin Cook and some of the works by Jeffrey Deaver (he did "A MAIDEN'S GRAVE" about Deaf children -- mystery genre) and some works of John Grissom -- i love browsing!!!!

Originally posted by Strawberry
I dont read so therefore no favorite author, how sad.
You dont read? *gasp* How... I mean... how do you ever read AllDeaf? *awes in shock*

J/K

My favorite author is Agatha Christie, the mystery writer about Hercule Poirot, very decisive and deceptive ways in how he solved the mysteries.

I adore John Grisham too, The Brethren was one of the greatest books i've read. If you havent read "The Testament" you really should! "The Street Lawyer" was awesome as well. I read "A Paitned House" and it was one of his few non-law books, I think I prefer him writing law related books :D Robert Frost is good, "Fire and Ice" being my favorite poem. *eyes strain* i spent most of my childhood with my nose in a book, so books are good! Eat up!

the last book i read was john grissom book a painted house, and i also collect alot of novels of deaf stories, and histories, and my MOST fave books to read is katherine V Forrest books a kate delafeild mystery books and the last but not the least im also a Stephen King fan too :)

I heard rumor that Stephen KIng will retire after write few more books. Am I right??? *curious* from Stephen King fans.

Originally posted by Lasza
I heard rumor that Stephen KIng will retire after write few more books. Am I right??? *curious* from Stephen King fans.

yep yep true! last i knew he was gonna retire after writing 5 more books mememem WAHHHHH :( i need to catch up too yikes :shock:

John Grisham, Patricia Coswell, Stuart Woods, AC Andrews, and etc. I am definitely BOOKWORM.

Originally posted by Oddball
Patricia Coswell, AC Andrews, and etc.

do u mean Patricia Cornwell and VC Andrews qq

i dont recall writers by the names u have listed :confuse:

Originally posted by Fly Free
do u mean Patricia Cornwell and VC Andrews qq

i dont recall writers by the names u have listed :confuse:

Thanks for the correction. Damn me!!

Peter Mass (RIP). Wonderful work with the rat Gravanno. Took us inside the Real Mafia Underworld. Too bad, the rat, got caught selling Extassy :laugh2: :laugh2:

Anne Rice is by far my favorite, thought I must say I've never found her style to be frightening, I've always found it rather boroque... like a little mysterious and alot romantic. It's too emotional to be frightening, and you can't be afraid of her characters after you fall in love with them. But that's just me...

I love Nicolas Sparks, too. I have spent more time crying over his books than you can imagine! They're always so sad!!!

Classically, I adore F. Scott Fitzgerald. "The Great Gatsby" and "The Beautiful and The Damned" were amazing. Also classically, I love Henry David Thoreau.

Oh and I love Isabel Wolfe and Marian Keyes. Very funny women's humor. I have laughed myself half to death with their books!

my favorite authors are Stephen King, Anne Rice, John Grisham, Daniel Koontz and Edgar Allan Poe :angel:

my favorite author is John Grisham and Tim laye and forgot that lady's author name for harry potter ?? umm what so shame on me ! lol

No fave. :(

I used to love to read books written by "James Herriot" about animals and vet.

I like the hippy fiction books about modern ladies who are seeking out for their lives.

I love books from Jane Green, Jennifer Weiner and Marian Keyes. Each author wrote few books and some of these are bestsellers.

Jane Green:
Mr. Maybe
Jemaji

Jennifer Weiner:
Good in Bed

(Both of these authors are very witty and I like how they bring the personalites of the main characters in the books!)

Marian Keyes:
Watermelon
Rachel's Holiday
Lucy Sullivan is getting Married.
(this author tend to do the story setting in Dublin, Ireland and the ladies living their life in there...)

I just read Marian Keyes' Lucy Sullivan is getting married a couple weeks of ago, when that was the only INTERESTING library book available in English. Really goooood... and funny like hell. It reminded me of the movie - Bridget Jones' Diary. Keyes really does a good job and makes my A-list!

Anne Rice, Stephen King, Johanna Lindsay, Beatrice Small (Skye O'Malley), Jackie Collins (Hollywood Kids, Hollywood Wives, and all), John Saul (was in my teens and loved him), Christopher Pike (when I was in my teens), T. H. White (The Once and Future King), C.S. Lewis (Narnia Chronicles)... liked Tom Clancy's Without Remorse but not into political thrillers. Jules Verne also writes interesting books... a little ahead of his time. Juliet Marillier is an interesting author to me right now in the fantasy genre. She is from Australia.

Lewis Carroll is my favorite.

He wrote the interest story about "Alice's wonderland". I actually read the book, it's much different than you seen on tv and movie.

It's very weird story, but I love it, I am going to read it again soon.

Back