Father's 4 Pit Bulls Kill His 22-Month-Old Son

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently nobody seems to agree...
Everyone have an opinion of their own, there is nothing you can or shall can do about it, So, learn to agree to disagree without taking it so personal. ;)

For those who said we need to take a chill pill, WRONG! You need to take a chill pill because everybody got a right to post on here

Sure they do have every right to post, but seriously you're taking this thread way too personal, I have to agree with GalaxyAngel. :)

Okay... everyone..

Which the breed dogs...

K9 = Bite you like twice or so.. what you got cut or bad open wide wound skin? Tiny cut scalped shown bite shaped!

Golden Retiver = Bite you reason pissy if you're bothering this dog awful lot or may have good reason bite you... how big cut wound? Tiny!!!!

Let's see....
uh.. ah.. okay..

Bulldog= Bite you? Ha.. RARELY dogs may angrily if you bother this dog.. have good reason to bite you... Tiny scar shaped of teeth

Poodles = Yes.. bite you... you're stranger if you near this dog.. will be always BITE YOU.. *snap hard bite you* Skin will shown full shaped of teeth on it..

oh wait minute... that worst dog ever I seen..

Ok how's about pit bull ?

Pit Bull = End up you dead for sure or HORRIBLE HEAVY WIDE OPEN WOUNDS til bleed badly.. How can save this person lives? Full shown blood.. How's serious? Doesn't stop and want bite you more more and adggersive awful lot!!!

Can you tell me contuine this discussion.. Let's beat me up! Go ahead!
What your points about Pit Bull ?

o4141986 : You are right about not just only pitbulls. Some other kind of dogs are dangerous, too.... dependin' on the owner's trainin' if, he/or she wants to train it to be mean or friendly, startin' from birth. Dogs are dogs are dogs, period. Not just only pitbulls that are the most dangerous than others, because pitbulls are " dogs ".

It's very unfortunate to see someone got hurt by ANY dog who could bite, not just pitbull. It's the owner's responsibility to train his/her dog right otherwise, they will put his/her dog to sleep at pound and plus, fine/jail for injury/death.

o4141986,

Bulldogs dont bite? really? gosh, I never heard of htat...
Quote:
It happened at Holliday Park, where Sydni Yates was out with her
brother and aunt at around 10:30 am. They said two dogs came
out of nowhere, grabbed on to Sydni's leg and wouldn't let go.
Animal control officers are at the scene and they've caught both
dogs involved in the attack, an American bulldog and a boxer.
Sydni suffered a puncture wound to the leg. Animal control
officers interviewed her before she went to St. Vincent Hospital to
be checked over.

My answer is.. err.. um.. actually it's SHORTEST BROAD BULLDOG.. wasn't related American bulldog..
IT's english/British Bulldogs..
Hope clears it up for you?

u said "k9" *by the way, they're ACTUALLY called german shepards* leave small wounds? are you SURE about that? going to bet your life on it?
Depend K9 snap you.. if have good reason.. can be medium wound.. not alike pit bull did..
you shown this picture.. Not that bad but not really huge wound heavy .. ripped apart the pieces scalp skin gone..

o4141986 : You are right about not just only pitbulls. Some other kind of dogs are dangerous, too.... dependin' on the owner's trainin' if, he/or she wants to train it to be mean or friendly, startin' from birth. Dogs are dogs are dogs, period. Not just only pitbulls that are the most dangerous than others, because pitbulls are " dogs ".

It's very unfortunate to see someone got hurt by ANY dog who could bite, not just pitbull. It's the owner's responsibility to train his/her dog right otherwise, they will put his/her dog to sleep at pound and plus, fine/jail for injury/death.

Extactly you got POV...
That what I'm doing believe the owner is the one responsible handle their pet.. doesn't matter any kinds breed of dogs.

Like no reason Dog came suddleny snap their mind and aggressive attack innocent person.

so I'm wrong for having a chow mix in a family house? it is NOT the dog that kills, it is the PEOPLE. Seriously. think about the type of people that <i>generally</i> own pits- the shady type of people who want their dogs to be mean. they TRAIN the dogs to be mean- the breed themself isn't automatically mean. I have a chow/doberman mix, and she has never, ever bit anybody, never ever displayed any agressive behavior.

AND there are a lot of dogs that are wrongly labeled as pit bulls so of course the "numbers" for bites by pitbulls are rather high- because it's the wrong breed of dogs. for example- a "staffie" looks like a pitbull but in reality it's not- but the public automatically thinks it's a pitbull. The media just loves stories about pit bull attacks- I can guarantee you there's a whole lot of other attacks by different breeds but since its not "a pit bull" the media won't cover it. U know those little toy breeds that run at you and start growling/nipping at your ankles? that's techincally considered an attack- but because they're small nobody thinks its aggressive behavior- instead oh gosh its cute!

people saying that all chows/pits/rots are "bad dogs" and cannot be "trusted" are racist- literally. it's like saying "well, black people commit the most crime in inner cities, so LETS BAN THEM!" think labs are sweet dogs? no they're not.

I'm quite stubborn about this issue- because people who think like you are (im sorry) idiots. so here's just a few light readings :)

*this just reinforces my point about a lot of the wrong breeds are labeled a pit.*

oh oh oh and this is my favorite part-

this one confirms what i said about the little toy breeds

a very good point :)

all this above from this article.

this was an FAQ concerning the ban of pits from the CVMA :*chicago veterinary medical association*

and galaxyangel, u said "k9" *by the way, they're ACTUALLy called german shepards* leave small wounds? are you SURE about that? going to bet your life on it?
biteinjury3.jpg
a german shepard did that. to a little boy, no less. well gee, there you go, they AREN'T dangerous! /sarcasm.

Bulldogs dont bite? really? gosh, I never heard of htat...
This says you're either a liar or you're horribly misinformed.

*this was filed under golden retriever, but it says yellow lab ret.*
Sorry galaxy, but once again you're wrong.

If ALLLLL pit bulls are sooo dangerous like you people say- why didn't this one just kill the pomeranion? Seriously?

I'm not saying pit bulls <b>never</b> attack people, they do, BUT I'm saying you cannot JUST ASSUME that if its a pit, it's dangerous. OTHER DOGS DO bite and injure/fatally kill people.

In the future, I would appreciate it if you guys who think all pits/chows/etc are vicious would get FACTS, not just "i saw, i said, she saw, she said, he saw, he said."

My family had a pit when I was a baby. Hi, I'm here, no bites at all from that little fella. My friend has a pit and two young children. no bites at all. he actually lies there and lets the kids jump/pull on him. My chow/doberman mix just lies there and lets you do whatever you want to her. My schanzuer/poodle mix, however, will snap at you if you do something she doesn't like. Yeah, the chow one is more dangerous. *rme*

again, it's the PEOPLE that make the breed dangerous- even if it might not be the owner itself it's the breeder for purposely breeding to make the dog mean.

I can keep on going all day all night, people. :) That's because I'm well-equipped with the FACTS.

All the things you just said are correct~ But at some point they are still pointing fingers at Pit bulls. At least you had a pit bull and know that not just only pit bulls are dangerous.. I had 2 pit bulls, no bites and Im here also. It depends on how you rasie it, You are correct it's the people who raise the dogs... Never listen to gossip, always find out for yourself... Of course you will have to be careful around stray dogs... But if a person has a pit bull, and said the dog doesn't bite then of course I will pet the dog. I was recently at a pound near where I live, there was a BEAUITFUL white pit bull.. Oh gosh she was beauitful~ had to be at least 5 months old, but somebody has brought~ I pet the pit, she was the sweetest thing. Im here... Didn't bite me... But as a matter of fact, a friend of mine who has the SMALLLEEEEST dog, He bites.... So about german sheaprds they don't bite litte......hahaha! Jeez... Get your facts stright... Bull Dogs also bite big ~ Depends on how the attack is. Any dog can attack... I have to agree with o4141986;679158:o

Royal,

Actually you have own pit bull.. which you have good trained correct ways.. and giving lot of lovable. Which it's great!

But other owner have gone like you ? *curious*

My prevouis ex friend who have American Staffordise Dog looks alike Pit Bull.
Actually very dumb friendly and demands lot lovable and have 3 children. Which it's lucky... Yes honestly my comment but rest other pit bull whoever owner thinks it's okay... loose their dog backyard and not even wear proprite leash enough. That major problem.

I've seen thousand times hearing about "Pit Bull". I'm sorry I have to straighten forward w/you honestly. You have to understand their feelings really scared secure think is safe?? Pretty please can you mind respect their pov and share them feedback..
I can understand you're coming from.... but me or other AD'ers who really doesn't like pit bull which their have good reason. So you cannot scold them and re-correct. Don't forget lot of media swarming on internet even tv news too. How can you tell them stop?

I read the url... ahhh there's go
PubH6120: Dog Bite Fatalities in the US

but it's yearly update... but can't find 2005/2006

I was correct on which breed was on top: And now in 2006 for pitbulls attacks are up to 280 cases already more than other breeds. Serioulsy, some members here need to watch CNN, instead of using their own head thinking Pitbulls aren't dangerous. Yes they are the most dangerous dogs on the face of earth.

Breed 1979-1980 1981-1982 1983-1984 1985-1986 1987-1988 1989-1990 1991-1992 1993-1994 1995-1996 1997-1998 Total
Purebred
Pit Bull 2 5 10 9 11 8 6 5 4 6 66
Rottweiler 0 0 1 1 3 1 3 10 10 10 39
German Shep. 2 1 4 1 1 4 2 0 2 0 17

I understand how yall are about Pitbulls i agree with yall they shld be kept oytside.. i been around pitbulls all my life never had problem with it but still never know what happens... in the reality ya ahve to watch out some breeds of dogs not only pitbulls..

You're correct GalaxyAngel I cannot find any recently updated either, But, I found something that I would like to share....

We identified 157 dog bite related falities that occurred in United States from 1979 to 1988, Of 157 death 70 percent occurred among children who were less than 10 years of age. The death rate for neonates almost 370 times that of adults who were 30 to 49 years of age. Pitbull breeds were involved in 42 (41.6%) of 101 deaths where dog breed was reported, almost three times more than German shepherds, the next most commonly reported breed, the proportion of deaths attributable to pitbulls increased from 20 percent in 1879 and 1980 to 62 percent in 1987 to 1988.

http://www.cdc.gov/ncipc/duip/dog1.pdf

Ya'll are tripping..

Im not going to sit here and keep wasting my time... I know more about pit bulls than what ya'll do... It's all about the person on how they raise their own dogs. ANY dogs......

Peace out!

Ya'll are tripping..

Im not going to sit here and keep wasting my time... I know more about pit bulls than what ya'll do... It's all about the person on how they raise their own dogs. ANY dogs......

Peace out!

:roll: ~ uh-okay, Wha...ever!

That was pretty careless...pitbull dogs seem pretty much like the most dangerous dogs around...did you know that the pitbull dog's bite weights 2,000 lbs? yep...thats ALOT of bite strenght while the human's bite strength only weighs about 60 lbs...pretty strong but not as strong as the pitbull's.

That was pretty careless...pitbull dogs seem pretty much like the most dangerous dogs around...did you know that the pitbull dog's bite weights 2,000 lbs? yep...thats ALOT of bite strenght while the human's bite strength only weighs about 60 lbs...pretty strong but not as strong as the pitbull's.

*sigh* I had 2 pit bulls.. They were great doggies....

scoffs! Whatever!!!!!!!!!!!! <------- Look I spelled WHATEVER right!!!!!

still believe in what I believe!!! :)

Yeah, I agree with you there. It's the owners' responsible to train pitbulls to less aggressive, startin' with puppies to raise. I even trained my 2 puppies to be nice. One of my puppies don't bark, she is very gentle puppy. The other one is startin' to obey because of his behaviour is more mischievous - like his father. Both of them are very affectionate. I hugged and kissed them alot since they were born. They know when I say " I love you "... they kissed me by lickin'. They show their love.

Statistically, they're more dangerous. It's simple mathematics. It's the same logic that allows insurance companies to charge 18 year old drivers more than 30 year old drivers. Yes, there are exceptions, but the rule still holds -- these dogs are statistically more dangerous than other breeds. You can argue until your face turns blue, and you can give us 1,000 anecdotal examples of kind, nice, sweet, loving, timid, milk toast pit bulls, but it doesn't change the statistics.

*sigh* I had 2 pit bulls.. They were great doggies....

scoffs! Whatever!!!!!!!!!!!! <------- Look I spelled WHATEVER right!!!!!

still believe in what I believe!!! :)

And we believe in what we believe. ;)

Statistically, they're more dangerous. It's simple mathematics. It's the same logic that allows insurance companies to charge 18 year old drivers more than 30 year old drivers. Yes, there are exceptions, but the rule still holds -- these dogs are statistically more dangerous than other breeds. You can argue until your face turns blue, and you can give us 1,000 anecdotal examples of kind, nice, sweet, loving, timid, milk toast pit bulls, but it doesn't change the statistics.

:gpost: Exactly!!,

I can understand that some dogs are more dangerous and some are not. I believe that it is the owner's responsibility to train his or her dog not to bite. I have my own German Shepherd and Coonhound dogs. All my dogs are doin' fine, but I don't know about what other owners did to their dogs by trainin'. If, they train their dogs to be mean and bite other people, then they will be charged for it via jail for injury/killin' others...otherwise, they put their leash on their dogs if, their dogs are more aggressive than friendly dogs. All my dogs are friendly, so I am not worryin' about it since it's my responsibility to train my dogs NOT to bite.
My German Shepherd is the one who is very protective. If, anyone who breaks in my house, she will bite - because of that intruder my German Shepherd don't know who that person is unless if that person is a friend of mine, then she will know who she is by smellin' my friend when visitin' me. She will not bite my friends. Havta to learn how to introduce and show my dogs to my friends and let my dogs to smell them. Next time when my friends come over to visit me, my dogs will remember them by smellin' and will show their excitin' for them to visit like waggin' their tails. lol You see, it all depends on the owners, if they know how to treat their dogs RIGHT. If, their dogs happen hurt other kids or adults... well, that's the owners' loss if, the cops took their dogs away and put them to sleep for people's own safety, because of their poor trainin' or they just don't care and let their dogs to bite.

Well, we went shopping and we stopped by my friend's home and my friend's older son has a pitbull and she's very sweet dog and very well behaved. He has raised him the right way. The neighbor about 2 houses away have a pitbull and a black lab. There was no bites from those pitbulls and they are playful and are around with a bunch of children playing with snow. It's still best to keep an eye on them because sometimes children can be rough with dogs. I don't see the problem with them. I still think it's how they are raised, not how the dogs are. It's all about responsibility to teach children to be careful around anything out there, even cats.

Happy Holidays!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back