Father's 4 Pit Bulls Kill His 22-Month-Old Son

Status
Not open for further replies.
Incredible. Yea that s why most of apartments banned pitbulls and other big dogs because of this unfortuanetly event.

While I won't deny that other breeds do attack people, I'd not risk getting a pit bull or othe dangerous breeds even if the dog looks like a gentle and loving pet.

Pit bulls are deadlier than other breeds because of their size and power.

Although I have no kids, I'd not risk endangering my neighbor's kids or the neighbors by keeping a dangerous breed. People come first in my book.

I've read too many stories where the dog's owner swore that the dog would never ever harm anyone and then the dog did just that.

:gpost: Yes the people come first before adopt dangerous breed.

Huh ? I didn't tell YOU that he didn't know his pitbulls could bite his 22 months old child. I said MAYBE, he didn't know ?? None of us really know. Re-read my post carefully.

Yes I know that you said that "MAYBE he didn´t know..." it make no different either "Maybe" or not but it stays the same... because everyone in the world knows that pitbull is the most dangerous breed and have bad reputation. I see no excuse that "MAYBE" he didn´t know..

I'm soo behind in this thread... i couldn't just read 10 pages but I thought I could add my opinion in this.

I kinda don't understand how the pitbulls just went to attack the 22 month old while sleeping. If by any chance, the toddler could have gotten up to walk to look for his dad then maybe that's when the pitbulls attacked the toddler. I'm sorry that the toddler was killed and its truely sad.

another thing....

Pitbulls are not actually the most aggressive dogs in the world. I know you all know that. I think it was Opal saying that german shephard dogs were banned in another country.. its true.. but now we all look at pitbulls. Pitbulls are innocent as well as german shephards, golden retrievers, chows, and etc. Pitbulls were taught to be aggressive and mean so they can use them as fighting dogs.

I just got bit last friday by a pitbull at work. Nothing serious but a slight snap on my hand. there was another pitbull in a cage and I was letting one of them out so he could go potty. As I was cleaning the cage, I heard every dogs barking like there wasn't tomorrow.. I came around to check and find that the dog in the cage and the other dog out where fighting against each other with the fence in between. I stood back and waited til they calmed down.. i got the leash and threw it at the pitbull and he came up and bit me. I went back to next door and called all the techs to come help me. They came and simply got the water hose and squirt it on the dogs.

the point is.. they were taught how to fight. I believe that if they weren't taught and can basically just be a pet and be loved, I honestly don't think they wouldn't be as agressive as it would without being taught to be mean.

Even when I thought the lab was friendly.. the lab actually was growling and trying to bite... i mean.. it all depends on the owner.

Wow..I had to think a few minutes to figure out what you are saying..
{Mod's Edit - comment were removed; hence the belittling.}
You dont KNOW MY DOG...i DONT KNOW YOUR DOGS EITHER!!
My dog is very very gentle and he has been around children and babies
all his life, he has never, ever bitten these kids, he LOVES them, he licks
and snuggles besides them, (oh we watch him to make sure of course)
{Mod's Edit - comment also removed; Un-necessary drama needed.}
You better watch your bulldogs too! I have heard many, many times
that bulldogs have ATTACKED people and kids too!!!!!
You think your bulldogs are cute too!! yes!! You better think SAFETY TOO!!
{Mod's Edit - comment also removed; hence, fueling the unnecessary drama.}
We always tie up my dog when we take him out, we never, ever let him
run loose at all...YOU BETTER TIE UP YOUR DOG..HE MIGHT BITE SOMEBODY!
{Mod's Edit - comment were also removed; hence retorting to ignite/and or to drag the unnecessary drama.}
IM SICK OF THIS WHOLE HYSTERIA ABOUT PITBULL DOGS...WHAT ABOUT
OTHER BREEDS OR MUTTS...THEY BITE TOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok thats fine i understand the deletions..i was out of line..
so who was the moderator, please? Cuz i would like to PM the moderator, Thanks alot!!

Ok thats fine i understand the deletions..i was out of line..
so who was the moderator, please? Cuz i would like to PM the moderator, Thanks alot!!

You can see the bottom of your post who edited your post...

Hello,

I am aware that lots of law aiding people do own pitbulls. It is unfortunate that the pitbulls do have a reputation that they are vicious dogs. The media have made this obvious.

Now, whenever, I walk on the sidewalk with my daughter and see a pitbull coming our way. I always scoop up (pick up) my daughter. I will not allow my daughter be near a pitbull whether it is friendly or not. I will not take a chance on that particular breed. I do not want my daughter to be torn apart. If that happened, I will not be able to forgive myself.

I am temped to teach her that pitbulls are dangerous and that she shouldn’t be near them at all for any reason. I don’t want her to be afraid of dogs in general. Lately, I haven’t seen lots of pitbulls around because of the reputation.

My daughter loves dogs. There are certain breeds that aren’t friendly around young children but, I am sure are friendly towards adults. She has been taught not to run up to one. She also has been taught not to spread her fingers out for the dogs to smell her. Instead, she puts out her hand in a fist and let the dog either smell her or lick her hand and start from there. She has been fantastic about that.

She will be wonderful once I get a hearing dog.

Not every culture loves dogs (of any breed) for pets:

by Assalaamu Alaykum Wa Rahmatullaahi Wa Barakaatuhu

... Allah Taãla created the dog from among His creation. This does not
mean that we should love the dog. It is perhaps the indoctrination of the
Western culture that 'The dog is Man's best Friend'. The theory that 'dogs
are very dependent on Human affection' is a myth - again culture and custom
has helped to develop this unnatural behaviour.

... we are instructed not to keep dogs as pets and 'love' them as exemplified by the non-Muslims...

In the light of these Ahaadith and other narrations it is not permissible to
keep dogs as pets. ..

However, Jurists have stated that it is permissible to keep a dog, sell dogs
and rear them for security purposes, farming and hunting. (Fataawa
Mahmoodiyyah vol.8 pg.263)

The saliva of a dog is Najis (impure). If it touches the clothes or body,
that portion also becomes impure and must be washed.

Mufti Ebrahim Desai
FATWA DEPT.
Can We keep Dogs? For breeding or as pets?

Yes I know that you said that "MAYBE he didn´t know..." it make no different either "Maybe" or not but it stays the same... because everyone in the world knows that pitbull is the most dangerous breed and have bad reputation. I see no excuse that "MAYBE" he didn´t know..

Yea I agree there!

I disagree with you there. You really don't know that. Not ALL of the pitbulls are dangerous. Gee - some of them are tame. You said everyone in the world knows that pitbull is the most dangerous ? You mean everyone ? I don't think so. Some of them have their own tame pitbulls. Not ALL of them in the world would agree with you.

shel90 :

Yea I agree there!

Troll... tsk tsk

I agree and we ALL know that never leave a baby or a child alone with any pets period....

There's no maybe or but in this, everyone should know that before buying a pet...

]

I disagree with you there. You really don't know that. Not ALL of the pitbulls are dangerous. Gee - some of them are tame. You said everyone in the world knows that pitbull is the most dangerous ? You mean everyone ? I don't think so. Some of them have their own tame pitbulls. Not ALL of them in the world would agree with you.

Everyone? I would say yes... because there're pitbull attacks are very common everywhere in the world. I know it's not just pitbull but other dangerous breeds as well.

I would not adopt dangerous breeds where I know their reputation.

Oh yes, I know that and NEVER, NEVER, NEVER leave my child alone with pets. "MAYBE he didn't know" is a mainly feeble excuse.

I know you have dogs... Would you leave your dogs with child alone?

Last edited:
I agree and we ALL know that never leave a baby or a child alone with any pets period....

There's no maybe or but in this, everyone should know that before buying a pet...

Exactly... Everyone should think twice before buy a pet.

I do not like pit bulls, tame or not. Period! I am aware that there are some pit bulls are very friendly. But I am not going to let my daughter near one. The pit bulls' jaws are so POWERFUL that it can crush bones in a child's legs or arms.

Pit bulls :rl:

I am serious! Lately, I am seeing less and less pit bulls around. I have been to animal shelters and I have been seeing a lot of mixed pit bulls out there. And, no one wants to adopt them. I wonder why?!?!? :dizzy: Those dogs have passed a series of tests to enure that they don't bite other people, which is great. But, due to this certain breed's reputation that it is an aggressive dog and that it is banned in many areas, it is difficult for them to be adopted.

It is the owners to allow their pit bulls to hump other dogs. They are the ones who are at fault. And, also, the owners who train their pit bulls to be aggressive.

People who do not have children do not know what it is like to have children. I love both animals and children...

One has to pick one above the other.

As for me, I pick my daughter above animals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back