Fat in movie popcorn = 12 hamburgers

I've banned myself from eating any kind of popcorn cuz I must slather it with tons of butter and the amount that I use on popcorn is scary to say the least.

I once ordered a box of microwavable popcorn from US and the custom got their hand on it and they sent me a letter informing me it was against the law to bring in kernels that has not been grown or treated in this country. So they then incinernated it.
Yeah, right. Did you find greasy fingerprints on the letter? :giggle:

Hey, same here as per my posts above! I'm 6'2", 180....can you say lithe? :giggle:

Not only can I not say it, I have not been it since I was about eight.

Hence the reason I never eat buttered popcorn! :wave:

Miss Delectable said:

I like how you think regarding popcorn. :)

It took a long time for me to put that into practice. I have a history of an eating disorder, and for a long time, I was very fat phobic. I still have some residual thinking surrounding it, but for the most part I try to practice what I preach.

Having said that, I have eaten the low fat versions of things and I DO like some of the stuff. Same with artificial sweetners. But, I also believe very strongly now that it's OK to go to the movie theater and have that tub of popcorn dripping with butter and covered in salt! There's not a flipping thing wrong with it so long as one eats a well balanced diet MOST of the time.

I'm really not someone who likes extremes; which is saying something considering eating disorders are ALL ABOUT extremes.

Miss D, what is the culture like in your country? Is it as fat phobic/body conscience as it here in the US?[/QUOTE]

Had an eating disorder problem in my 20s so I know how you feel. My thoughts were so consumed about being thin 24/7 and I constantly compared my body to skinnier women and would tormet myself constantly which lead to not eating for days, exercising compulsively or binging.

I got tired of it but I still have some thoughts about being skinny here and there.

Ok, I no longer eat popcorn except on very rare occasions. I too have popped it in bacon grease and seasoned it with tabasco. Yum.

My kids like to pop it, butter it and shake in the packet of cheese powder from a box of cheap mac and cheese.

It is ok with a little parmesan too.

The stuff at the theater here is gross. Too greasy, too expensive and rumored to have been mixed with prior days batch. ewwww It even smells odd.

We seldom go to the theater here. We rent from Red Box and watch in our jammies and have our own snacks. lol

caramel corn for me please....and I second Shel, and OB's views too, too many stupid dont eat this or you will die paranoia its ridiculous we need to ENJOY life too you know...

Back