Fart???

TTT

Reaction score
:fart:

Why do we call it fart? Or passing gas?
Is there any proper term for that???

Who the hell invented the word "farted"??? :booty:

Let me give you a little history of the word "fart". It all started when TTT was born. She kept letting off a little stinky every now and then. Every time it happened, his dad would say, "What the fuck?" However, to avoid swearing in front of his little kid... he had to say something else. He accidentaly let out the word, "fart". That's when he would now say, "What the fart!?" That word caught on among his friends and it became officially declared as a real word. That's the story. ;)

Since I have kids.. when kids were babies-toddlers.. I say.. "toot"
till kids got older (around 8-10).. they said "fart"
Since kids start to say "fart" all the time.. I feel no respect.
so i told them not to say it.. just say "toot" or "pass gas"

MsGiglz said:
Since I have kids.. when kids were babies-toddlers.. I say.. "toot"
till kids got older (around 8-10).. they said "fart"
Since kids start to say "fart" all the time.. I feel no respect.
so i told them not to say it.. just say "toot" or "pass gas"
I agree. :)

Seems there is a website dedicated to almost everything nowdays.
http://www.thefart.com/more.html

This one answers a lot of common questions about flatulence, though I did not stay there long enough to get a whiff of the origins of the popular names for them. :roll:

Speaking of tooting, I saw a brief special show by Nickeleon to educate kids about tooting last night and I was surprised how graphic and open they were! My girls wouldnt stop giggling through that.

Whats this with obsession with tooting? :ugh2:

I am not sure how one goes about explaining the comedic value of flatulence. I suspect it has to do with embarassment of the tooter or tootee. Here is a beer comercial with this theme. A common component is methane.

http://www.blackpony.org/horse.mpg

Beans, Beans, They're good for your heart.
The more you eat, the more you fart.
The more you fart, the better it feels.
Let's have beans for every meal.

Beans, Beans, It's the magical fruit.
The more you eat, the more you toot.
The more you toot, the better it feels.

Codger said:
I am not sure how one goes about explaining the comedic value of flatulence. I suspect it has to do with embarassment of the tooter or tootee. Here is a beer comercial with this theme. A common component is methane.

http://www.blackpony.org/horse.mpg
:rofl: That's a good commercial! That will remind me never to light a match, a lighter, or any other lit object to my date in a carriage like that. ;)

VamPyroX said:
Perhaps, I shall introduce you to this wonderful gal... Flatulina. She has her own website:

Sigh…if only Joseph Pujol could have lived in the age of the Internet. If he had, his talents would have been the stuff of legends. As it stands, he is but sadly a minor footnote in history. :(

Have you seen Brittany Spears on MTV? One of her songs is "Opps I did it again" Should change it to "Opps I farted again" :mrgreen:

ROFL, That is so Classic VamPyroX. ;)

Isin't this thread more suited for the Health section? It deals with a body function, after all.

Levonian said:
Sigh…if only Joseph Pujol could have lived in the age of the Internet. If he had, his talents would have been the stuff of legends. As it stands, he is but sadly a minor footnote in history. :(
Whoa, I bet everyone wore gas masks at the concert. ;)

VamPyroX said:

:rofl: HAHAHAH GOOD JOB!

When I made chili on Saturday for dinner, and I noticed an awful smell was coming from the kitchen, so I got up , and saw my little black kitten eating one of my children's left over bowl of chili that was sitting on the table, and I looked down at my kitten and said " Don't tell me you ate the whole bowl? " :-o ... now that I know where this stinky smell is coming from.... :ugh:

I had to clean the cat liter 3 times already this weekend...Damn those beans!..

^Angel^ said:
When I made chili on Saturday for dinner, and I noticed an awful smell was coming from the kitchen, so I got up , and saw my little black kitten eating one of my children's left over bowl of chili that was sitting on the table, and I looked down at my kitten and said " Don't tell me you ate the whole bowl? " :-o ... now that I know where this stinky smell is coming from.... :ugh:

It usually depends on how it's consumed and what kind of beans it is. There are some types that give lots of gasa and some that give no gas.

^Angel^ said:

:rofl: hahahah sowwy had to laugh on this Angel gurl -- its funny! hahaha -- thank god my cats doesnt do that :lol:

NOW u know the cats like beans!!!!

Back