Farewell AllDeaf...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was lurking about and found the replies posted here. Thank you all for your words but I must say that, unfortunately, those who encouraged me to end my Interpreter goals made a very good point. You see I have a mental illness. This illness is called Bipolar Disorder. This disorder is the reason for my exit. If you have read the Terps thread and read my insane reaction (I was having what's called a hypomanic mood swing), you will clearly understand why I must stay away from AD and the Deaf culture as a whole. It is not that I want to, it’s that I have to.

It would be disastrous for all involved (me and deaf/HOH) if I continue forward with my Terp goals. I am going to try hard to pull myself away from ASL and the Deaf culture because I love both so much. But for the sake of everyone, my leaving will be a healthier action than if I remained a member in AD. I have erased all my Deaf related bookmarks, I have put away all my ASL books and video lessons, and now I am trying to totally remove all things Deaf from before me.

Why am I being so drastic? It is because I care so much for the Deaf culture. So the further I stray, the easier the breakup. I am sure you now understand my reason now for leaving. There is only one avenue for me and that is out and away. I agree with those who suggested my removal. It's all for the best.

Thank you all once more. I may lurk about on occasion (maybe). Have a good one and remember to treat others as you want others to treat you. Goodbye.

What in the world? Is AD.com falling apart or what? Don't leave! I enjoy reading your posts, like the others said. AD.com becomes your best friend ;)

Oh and I almost forgot, I created (this afternoon) a personal web page to help those with bipolar understand the disorder a little better. The web page is called My Bipolar Page. I hope it helps others with mental illness.

Sorry for the interruption and the :)topic:) entry.

I am sick of "leaving" thread... what's the use of it, just leave if you plant to leave... (no I didn't read this thread!)

Pardon me, he have a mental illness.

AB is not the only one who created "I am leaving" thread...I think Boult is referring to this one and the other ones made in the past..

I could be wrong.

I am leaving AD. Before I exit, I want to thank each one of you for your kindness and friendship. I wish each of you the very best in life, good health and happiness. I apologize to all I have offended and sincerely wish their pardon.

Take good care of yourself.

Your friend,
Carlos

asl.jpg
:confused:...

Hi Aqueblue!

Come back and enter here with open door all the time.... Drop Hi to us later Okie ?:D

Peace
Phillips

I was lurking about and found the replies posted here. Thank you all for your words but I must say that, unfortunately, those who encouraged me to end my Interpreter goals made a very good point. You see I have a mental illness. This illness is called Bipolar Disorder. This disorder is the reason for my exit. If you have read the Terps thread and read my insane reaction (I was having what's called a hypomanic mood swing), you will clearly understand why I must stay away from AD and the Deaf culture as a whole. It is not that I want to, it’s that I have to.

It would be disastrous for all involved (me and deaf/HOH) if I continue forward with my Terp goals. I am going to try hard to pull myself away from ASL and the Deaf culture because I love both so much. But for the sake of everyone, my leaving will be a healthier action than if I remained a member in AD. I have erased all my Deaf related bookmarks, I have put away all my ASL books and video lessons, and now I am trying to totally remove all things Deaf from before me.

Why am I being so drastic? It is because I care so much for the Deaf culture. So the further I stray, the easier the breakup. I am sure you now understand my reason now for leaving. There is only one avenue for me and that is out and away. I agree with those who suggested my removal. It's all for the best.

Thank you all once more. I may lurk about on occasion (maybe). Have a good one and remember to treat others as you want others to treat you. Goodbye.

You know what, Aqua? During my high school, most of my classes that I had interpreter with which has the ADHD. She was doing fine, and she's wonderful, also my favorite interpreter. The reason why most of my classes have her as my interpreter because I requested her to be my interpreter at most of the times. She remind being a interpreter since I graduated, also her deaf daughter was my best friend, which have ADHD also and guess what she was doing? She works to be one of the governments, and she successfully set up the law which requried interpreters at the driving liscense dept in the state of Washington.

All I can say is BE BRAVE! It's up to ya...

Aqua, I am really sorry that you decide to go which I really don´t want you to go because I enjoy myself to read your posts. I really like your posts in religion forum. I hope you will change your mind and stay AD with us...

Simple ignore those people who tried to bully, upset or whatever to you and positive yourself and will know that they are nothing...

I am sick of "leaving" thread... what's the use of it, just leave if you plant to leave... (no I didn't read this thread!)

Try having some empathy please. Some people create them out of desperation, depression, loneliness, and some for the need of attention.

I believe that it is good to know when a member plans to leave. I personally hate not knowing if something happened to them.

Hi AquaBlue, I am new here but I read the entire load of posts and am sad to read that you feel you should leave. May I quote you on something you wrote on your thread? "I will not allow anything to detour me from my goals."

You seem to be going through a very difficult time, and hopefully when you are feeling a little more level you may return to this forum and try and put your upset behind you.

I do think that some of the comments on that thread, although they probably did not mean to, DID come accross as a little discouraging, from my point of view.

I respect that you have a different style and method of learning to other people, and if it suits you, keep plugging away I say! By all means take the advice of the very knowledgable interpreters on this site, and continue to learn about deaf culture, but if you like reading books, memorising signs etc, then fine I say.

Bi-polar is a very sad and unpredictable illness, but I know many people with it who are extremely successful in what they do. My ex-boyfriend, for example, is top of his year at Medical School, and I have no doubt he will be an excellent doctor.

Please rethink your plans of giving up everything you were working so hard towards.

I hope you find your feet and wish you every happiness.

It would be disastrous for all involved (me and deaf/HOH) if I continue forward with my Terp goals.
I’m not following your reasoning. You’re saying that you can’t become a terp because you have a mental disorder. But you can apply that reasoning to any occupation. What is it about being bipolar that specifically prevents you from being a terp? Lots of people have this mental disorder, and most of them are gainfully employed. Are you suggesting that you’re not employable in any capacity?

I’m not following your reasoning. You’re saying that you can’t become a terp because you have a mental disorder. But you can apply that reasoning to any occupation. What is it about being bipolar that specifically prevents you from being a terp? Lots of people have this mental disorder, and most of them are gainfully employed. Are you suggesting that you’re not employable in any capacity?

I am saying that in one minute I am sane and in the other insane. Mood swings.

You left, because you had a problem with one thread? Didn't you forget about other peaceful threads you made? Learn how to ignore those stupid cockroaches in one thread. I faced that problem in the past, and I moved on.

Most of internet users do not care about you, because they don't know you, and they never met you. They could bash you as hell
until you become their interpreter someday, and they're getting :Owned:.

Good luck with your life.
I think I need a good break from internet too.
see bold, Yes i agree with his comments.

I am leaving AD. Before I exit, I want to thank each one of you for your kindness and friendship. I wish each of you the very best in life, good health and happiness. I apologize to all I have offended and sincerely wish their pardon.

Take good care of yourself.

Your friend,
Carlos

I have no idea who you are, but, by how many times you've posted, you haven't been here long. Take care! :wave:

Yeah, I understand how u feeling thru.. buddy...I know Bipolar Disorder IS NOT easy! ! So hard to get thru with lifetime.

Good luck buddy! !

:afro:

M-

Hope everything will go well, AB and you can find some peace within yourself. It doesnt matter what anyone else says..only u can believe in yourself in accomplishing the goals in your life.

Good luck!

You don't have to give up ASL and Deaf culture just because interpreting isn't a job that will be suitable for you. It does require emotional self-control so maybe it's not the best job but that doesn't mean you can't be involved in other ways. Why would you leave?

BTW, I am a terp with ADHD myself, and I think it can actually be an asset. Bipolar disorder and ADHD are not the same thing though.

I am sorry Etoile but I can't read your words. You're on my ignore list. Bye.

I am sorry Etoile but I can't read your words. You're on my ignore list. Bye.
I see. Well, perhaps someone else will pass along the fact that I think you should stay involved in deaf culture whether you are an interpreter or not. And perhaps someone else will tell you that I like what you said in the thread you started about coming back. Both are sincere feelings...I'm sorry you found me so hateful that you have to ignore me. I have never been on anyone else's ignore list in this forum or anywhere else on the Internet. It makes me sad that you won't get to see my apology for whatever I did to upset you. Sometimes I react in the heat of the moment, too. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back