Fan with no blades

I think Dyson kinda copy the idea from Airblade hand dryer. It use "jet" around the loop that you see on Dyson's bladeless fan. The blade actually is inside of the base (already mentioned in Engadet). I've use Airblade hand dryer and it was real powerful. I like it better than ordinary hand dryer cuz it dries my hand real fast. So given idea that the blade inside of Bladeless fan is small and have deep pitch and using powerful motor. The force from deep pitched blade pushes air hard to loop jet, thus creating equalized force inside look so the air come out of jet loop feel even all around.

That's how it work.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Catty

I tried Airblade hand dryer from LV and I love it! Most old school hand dryer take around 30 seconds to dry but Airblade hand dryer take 5 seconds. Pretty quick and I love it.

I tried Airblade hand dryer from LV and I love it! Most old school hand dryer take around 30 seconds to dry but Airblade hand dryer take 5 seconds. Pretty quick and I love it.

It's so strong enough that it feels like you're scraping the water off the hands. :rofl:

Catty

This is just the beginnings of the Star Trek transporter!
Imagine if you can port your pet dog or cat up the flight of stairs similar to the demonstration in the video.
2hqw707.jpg

Try little mice inside the baloon. That's the start

:rofl:

Catty

This is just the beginnings of the Star Trek transporter!
Imagine if you can port your pet dog or cat up the flight of stairs similar to the demonstration in the video.
2hqw707.jpg

Lol. Not teleporters... more like Star Trek cabins. They have ability to change room temperature in seconds by resident's wishes. Or suck the air out of fire, exhaust it without water or chemicals.

I had that, and not really, maybe kick up electricial bill by 20-30 dollars a month. For fan only maybe increase your bill by 5-10 dollars a month. It is really nothing. Today's AC are far more efficient than it was 20 yrs ago.

AC has two big advantages over fan. For fan, it just blows hot air to make you think it is really cool air but it is not really cool air. While AC sucks humidity out of room which easily makes you feel cooler even in hot air seondly they do pull hot air outside thus dropping degrees in your house. So you really get bang for buck with AC than fan.

Yeah, it's not really the A/C's fault for causing sky high bills. It depends on the house's condition and size of the house. Old 2 story houses with leaky seal will cause high bills.

Yeah, it's not really the A/C's fault for causing sky high bills. It depends on the house's condition and size of the house. Old 2 story houses with leaky seal will cause high bills.

For my experience, the window unit AC cost more electricity bills than central AC because window unit AC is only works in specific room since central AC works in rest of house. Fans are cheaper but not solution for area with heavily humidity.

I usually looking for places with central AC before reside.

For my experience, the window unit AC cost more electricity bills than central AC because window unit AC is only works in specific room since central AC works in rest of house. Fans are cheaper but not solution for area with heavily humidity.

I usually looking for places with central AC before reside.

It depends on the BTU that a window A/C have and the features as well. A small one will not cool the whole house depending on size. A central A/C is better for larger houses, though. It has to be the right size A/C for the job and it will be efficent as long the house is insulated. We have a small window A/C for just the living room with blanket to cover the door because the central A/C for the apt doesn't work at all. The landlord is being greedy which is her step father's dad.

It depends on the BTU that a window A/C have and the features as well. A small one will not cool the whole house depending on size. A central A/C is better for larger houses, though. It has to be the right size A/C for the job and it will be efficent as long the house is insulated. We have a small window A/C for just the living room with blanket to cover the door because the central A/C for the apt doesn't work at all. The landlord is being greedy which is her step father's dad.

Oh really, we had broken central AC in 1995, I believe so we have use fans until someone fix it and it took one week to finish. Without AC in LA isn't bad but in here, OMG, it will be very bad.

I used to slept with window unit AC at rental house in Florida and hate it because owner told us to not use AC so too much and need be stay on normal but not enough. They said if we use AC alot so they will overcharge with rental fee. In Florida during summertime was horrible and that why about numerous modern apts/houses, if not all have central AC.

Yeah what people don't realize about Tx La Ms Fl and Al is that it's not the day heat that gets ya......it's the night heat. Those nights when it's 95 at midnight with 80% humidity.... 2 months without relief. A fan isn't gonna cut it. :lol:

Yeah what people don't realize about Tx La Ms Fl and Al is that it's not the day heat that gets ya......it's the night heat. Those nights when it's 95 at midnight with 80% humidity.... 2 months without relief. A fan isn't gonna cut it. :lol:

Yup, same with midwest states during summertime, IL is one of them.

Oh really, we had broken central AC in 1995, I believe so we have use fans until someone fix it and it took one week to finish. Without AC in LA isn't bad but in here, OMG, it will be very bad.

I used to slept with window unit AC at rental house in Florida and hate it because owner told us to not use AC so too much and need be stay on normal but not enough. They said if we use AC alot so they will overcharge with rental fee. In Florida during summertime was horrible and that why about numerous modern apts/houses, if not all have central AC.

Wow, that must have sucked for sure! I would prefer central A/C anyhow. More control to airflow to the whole house or apt. It does get hot and humid here in Iowa and can be uncomfortable at times.

Wow, that must have sucked for sure! I would prefer central A/C anyhow. More control to airflow to the whole house or apt. It does get hot and humid here in Iowa and can be uncomfortable at times.

Yike, Iowa has similar climate as IL does and I'm sure that you will expect sweating in your back when you go outside.

I use man's bodywash to reduce of sweating and Old Spice works so good.

LOL! Welcome to my world. Chicago is worse!

Yike, Iowa has similar climate as IL does and I'm sure that you will expect sweating in your back when you go outside.

I use man's bodywash to reduce of sweating and Old Spice works so good.

Cool. Yea, my back was sticky and sweating. :eek3:

Probably worse due to closer to the huge lake.

Yep! Sometime 90F with high humidity make you feel sleepy or tired so easy. It make me drink a lot of water. I read news that some people died from heat wave. Just be careful.

I went to AZ,CA, LV, and TX at more than 105F with low humidity and I feel so good and keep me awake and not much to drink.

Stupid humidity!

Yep! Sometime 90F with high humidity make you feel sleepy or tired so easy. It make me drink a lot of water. I read news that some people died from heat wave. Just be careful.

I went to AZ,CA, LV, and TX at more than 105F with low humidity and I feel so good and keep me awake and not much to drink.

Stupid humidity!

In bold, It sounds like you are in west Texas?

Houston and Dallas are very humidity.

I believe that Dyson use the idea from Airblade hand dryer they invented.Dyson Airblade? hand dryer | Dysonairblade.com

It use "jet" around the loop that you see on Dyson's bladeless fan. The blade actually is inside of the base (already mentioned in Engadet). I've use Airblade hand dryer and it was real powerful. I like it better than ordinary hand dryer cuz it dries my hand real fast. So given idea that the blade inside of Bladeless fan is small and have deep pitch and using powerful motor. The force from deep pitched blade pushes air hard to loop jet, thus creating equalized force inside of it so the air come out of jet loop feel even all around thus making it feel like there were imaginary fan on the loop.

That's how it work.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Catty
I saw that at the IKEA store in their restrooms. After washing my hands, I saw this weird-looking machine on the wall. I read the instructions and tried it out... WHOOSH! All dry! It really works!

Back