Falling Skies

Frisky Feline

Reaction score
What do you think of this tv show. It's from executive producer Steven Spielberg.

I tried to watch it but I got distracted because it does depress me to watch it. I will try to watch it again next week.

anyone?

I didn't hear of it. Is it science fiction? Edit. Looked that up, and I was watching Masterpiece Mystery on PBS. If that runs at a different time I will watch.

But Noah Wylie seems to not have much success after ER. He did one science fiction film set "The Librarian" and I didn't like it much.

Ah, probably that is the reason why: Noah Wylie. But I love steven Spielberg. The tv show did depress me because of aliens attacking people left to no where else to go on the earth.

It's finally back. I watched it which lasted two hours last night. It was good. There is a mole in the team. I suspect that it's the oldest son of Tom, the new President. Fans, who do you think it is?

I've been meaning to watch that show. I totally forgot about it until I saw part of an episode on television recently. :)

I've been watching. Season 3 is definitely looking better plot-wise than the first two. I enjoy it and look forward to it more every year. Definitely takes a minute to grow on a person. When the first season aired, I stopped watching after 3 episodes, got bored, then got back into it three weeks later because the story picked up. It's...quaint, which I know sounds odd for an action-y alien apocalypse show, but that's the word that comes to mind. :)

do you realise alien-attacking-themed of the earth is really about China? (aliens = different race chinese) ...its quite common, plenty of film studies at the doctorate levels talks about that sort of thing, its political and ideological and 'keeping americans hopes up'
earliest one and probably the most famous example of this is "Starship Troopers" all thise underlying aspects its done so well you dont even notice, but its said to control your minds thus manipulating the way Americans thinks of China, a kind of ignoring the 'reality of buying-out' by using the fantastic sci-fi as a 'mask'

so...i dont watch those sci-fi's even "The Host" is said to enbody this type of narrative at a level, a level where it plays on your subconscious minds...

do you realise alien-attacking-themed of the earth is really about China? (aliens = different race chinese) ...its quite common, plenty of film studies at the doctorate levels talks about that sort of thing, its political and ideological and 'keeping americans hopes up'
earliest one and probably the most famous example of this is "Starship Troopers" all thise underlying aspects its done so well you dont even notice, but its said to control your minds thus manipulating the way Americans thinks of China, a kind of ignoring the 'reality of buying-out' by using the fantastic sci-fi as a 'mask'
:laugh2: So what should we call non-earth creatures? ET?

na na na , an on-screen alien from space, its just a metaphor for 'alien' from USA's Homeland....in which most cases, these kinds of films are refer "aliens" to mean non-americans, but from the 'bigger place' and very foriegn, its China...im not kddding the 'big-nes' is refering to the biggest country with the mostest people aand the most money which threaten to america's lifestyles and/or wealth security..the films challenge expores these 'narrative' at a level...

They do that a lot with current events.

There was a game that I played years ago... Command & Conquer: Generals. There are 3 factions in the game... USA, China, and GLA (Global Liberation Army). At the time the game was released, there were problems between three countries... the United States, the Middle East, and the North Koreans. So, there were a lot of similarities between the factions and the real-world counterparts.

They said the same thing about V (original series) where the Visitors were like the Nazis.

They do that a lot with current events.

There was a game that I played years ago... Command & Conquer: Generals. There are 3 factions in the game... USA, China, and GLA (Global Liberation Army). At the time the game was released, there were problems between three countries... the United States, the Middle East, and the North Koreans. So, there were a lot of similarities between the factions and the real-world counterparts.

They said the same thing about V (original series) where the Visitors were like the Nazis.

yip

games too, absolutely

on seious three not had chance see it yet,the scitters are good now and other aliens about i missed how the others got here

Back