Fall Quarter GPA

VamPyroX

bloody phreak from hell
Reaction score
Whew! I finally got my grades... 3.0 GPA!

For the past couple weeks, I've been sitting here worried about my grades. At the rate I was going, I was sure that I would get a 'C' for most of my classes.

Well, it turned out that I got a 'B' for all of my classes instead.

How did you college students do?

If you're following the semester system, you can post here in a few more weeks. :)

Vampy,

Well done! Congratulations! :)

I won't complete the semester for a few weeks (I'm a college student), but so far I am carrying a "B" average in all of my classes. I'm crossing my fingers that my grades will stay that way (or improve!) by the time finals are here. LOL!

No idea what I got for Semester 2, but I'm sure I failed all subjects. Not all my fault though. Am repeating everything next year, so I should do better then. But currently, I have a GPA of 4.5

No idea what I got for Semester 2, but I'm sure I failed all subjects. Not all my fault though. Am repeating everything next year, so I should do better then. But currently, I have a GPA of 4.5
Umm... what's 4.5? How does your GPA system work?

4.5 GPA?? That is new to me....usually colleges GPAs top out at 4.0.

Lol. I guess the GPA system in Australia is very different to the one in America. Here in Australia, the highest GPA you can get is 6.0.

Lol. I guess the GPA system in Australia is very different to the one in America. Here in Australia, the highest GPA you can get is 6.0.
Still... how does it work?

Here, it's on a scale of 0 to 100. 0 to 59 is F... a 0.0 GPA. 60 to 69 is D... a 1.0 GPA. 70 to 79 is C... a 2.0 GPA. 80 to 89 is B... a 3.0 GPA. 90 to 100 is A... a 4.0 GPA.

The grades are multiplied based on the number of credits, added up, then divided by the total number of credits. Suppose...

Class #1: A (4 credits)
Class #2: C (3 credits)
Class #3: B (3 credits)
Class #4: A (2 credits)

4.0 (A) x 4 credits = 16
2.0 (C) x 3 credits = 6
3.0 (B) x 3 credits = 9
4.0 (A) x 2 credits = 8

16 + 6 + 9 + 8 = 39

39 / 12 credits = 3.25 GPA

Still... how does it work?

Here, it's on a scale of 0 to 100. 0 to 59 is F... a 0.0 GPA. 60 to 69 is D... a 1.0 GPA. 70 to 79 is C... a 2.0 GPA. 80 to 89 is B... a 3.0 GPA. 90 to 100 is A... a 4.0 GPA.

The grades are multiplied based on the number of credits, added up, then divided by the total number of credits. Suppose...

Class #1: A (4 credits)
Class #2: C (3 credits)
Class #3: B (3 credits)
Class #4: A (2 credits)

4.0 (A) x 4 credits = 16
2.0 (C) x 3 credits = 6
3.0 (B) x 3 credits = 9
4.0 (A) x 2 credits = 8

16 + 6 + 9 + 8 = 39

39 / 12 credits = 3.25 GPA

That's very interesting to know about this. Thanks, Vamp! I will find out about my grades in two weeks.

THe last time I went to college and I received an average of 2.3 GPA, I think. I don't remember the exact because it's been a long time. BTW, congrats Vampy!

shezzbeav, please tell me, are you kidding with us? It's impossbile. I never heard it that.

Good work Vamp!!! Only one time I ever got a 4.0 in a semester and that was the semester my hubby left me for another woman. Ironic heh? Most of the time I would maintain a 3.0 to a 3.5 GPA. Keep up the good work!!! :0

Good work, Vampyrox. My quarter GPA for fall was 3.47. Not as good as I would have liked, but not bad for graduate studies. Leaves me with an overall of 3.79.

I go to the University Of Alberta and our GPA system used to be on a 9.0 scale, now we are on the 4.0 system.

I dont have my marks but I now that two of my classes I got a 4.0, my other class I got a 3.7 and then my last class will probably be around the 2.5 mark lol

I had a great semester!

I go to the University Of Alberta and our GPA system used to be on a 9.0 scale, now we are on the 4.0 system.

I dont have my marks but I now that two of my classes I got a 4.0, my other class I got a 3.7 and then my last class will probably be around the 2.5 mark lol

I had a great semester!
How do you get a 3.7?

Here, it's 4.0, 3.0, 2.0, 1.0, 0.0, and nothing else. If I get a 95, it's still an 'A' which is a 4.0 GPA. If I got 93, he got 99, and she got 90... we all still got an 'A' and that would give us all a 4.0 GPA.

How do you get a 3.7?

Here, it's 4.0, 3.0, 2.0, 1.0, 0.0, and nothing else. If I get a 95, it's still an 'A' which is a 4.0 GPA. If I got 93, he got 99, and she got 90... we all still got an 'A' and that would give us all a 4.0 GPA.

Well, if I get an A, B, B, A and C in my classes, that means I get 4, 3, 3, 4, and 2 credits for each. Add 'em up and divide by 5= 3.2

Well, if I get an A, B, B, A and C in my classes, that means I get 4, 3, 3, 4, and 2 credits for each. Add 'em up and divide by 5= 3.2
Are you sure that's how it works?

Did you figure that yourself or was that actually shown on your report card?

How do you get a 3.7?

At my university... An A+, and A is 4.0, A- is 3.7, B+ 3.5, B 3.2...

And so on.

Are you sure that's how it works?

Did you figure that yourself or was that actually shown on your report card?

We don't get "report cards" at my university, but that's how they do it. My last university was 4, 3, 2, 1. My current school sets it up this way:

A 4.0
B+ 3.5
B 3.0
C+ 2.5
C 2.0
D+ 1.5
D 1.0
F 0

Multiply the grade in the class by the number of credits the course was worth, add them up, and divide by the total number of credits you were taking.

Back