Facebook Scam

It's pretty waste of time. I don't change my password for almost 3 years and nothing happen with that.

Change a password monthly is not real solve a problem.

I know someone who change a password monthly and he attacked by hacker on his facebook.

Seems we had a worm or something during a small window of time that Facebook was having more serious issues and we were advised to change passwords. I know at my old job in Missouri, we were required to changed passwords monthly when using the Dept of Mental Health website.

Seems we had a worm or something during a small window of time that Facebook was having more serious issues and we were advised to change passwords. I know at my old job in Missouri, we were required to changed passwords monthly when using the Dept of Mental Health website.

That is careful change it.be careful avoid virus because dept of mental health websites? what is that? on facebook?

I personally use a random set of letters plus a special character plus a 4 to 5 digit number for all of my passwords. The combination changes from site to site so if one is hacked it is unlikely the others will get hacked. At Uni we are required to change our passwords once every 90 days. I never use birth years or any actual words. The special character also gets changed when the password is changed at my student account at Uni. This way it is highly unlikely my account will be hacked. If it is, it's the university's fault. I don't write my passwords down, I memorize them on the spot.

Just got in touch with an old MSSD classmate of mine whom I've always liked.

First thing she tells me is about some guy named Billy Collions who works for the government and help the deaf and he's part of Obama's program to help deaf and she says I have to pay 1k to get 50k and that's it's legit cuz she paid it herself and got the money. Of course I have to contact him via AOL.

I told her i'd make sure it's legit before i do anything. Now i'm feeling a bit depressed and very leery of FB.

Just got in touch with an old MSSD classmate of mine whom I've always liked.

First thing she tells me is about some guy named Billy Collions who works for the government and help the deaf and he's part of Obama's program to help deaf and she says I have to pay 1k to get 50k and that's it's legit cuz she paid it herself and got the money. Of course I have to contact him via AOL.

I told her i'd make sure it's legit before i do anything. Now i'm feeling a bit depressed and very leery of FB.

I don't believe she got the money. The same thing happened to a friend of mine---she got contacted by "Obama's agent" who asked her if she wanted 40 thousand in cash. She said yes. She then had to give him all her personal information, including her password to Yahoo, etc. THEN she was asked to send 300 dollars for "fees." She told me she got the money, and I didn't believe her. After a bit of coaxing I got her to admit she never received the money and was simply scammed. Just a heads up.

I don't believe she got the money. The same thing happened to a friend of mine---she got contacted by "Obama's agent" who asked her if she wanted 40 thousand in cash. She said yes. She then had to give him all her personal information, including her password to Yahoo, etc. THEN she was asked to send 300 dollars for "fees." She told me she got the money, and I didn't believe her. After a bit of coaxing I got her to admit she never received the money and was simply scammed. Just a heads up.

I was afraid of that. Now I'm feeling even more depressed knowing she likely fell for it.

Have you seen free iPad message from some of your friends on Facebook and Twitter? Scam!

“If you’ve received a message promising you a new ipad, not only is there no ipad, but also your friends have been hacked.” Twitter also said it will be “sending out password resets to hacked individuals.”

Free iPad Scam Hits Facebook and Twitter [WARNING]

I'd close my FB account for good. I don't know I will ever go back.

Have you seen free iPad message from some of your friends on Facebook and Twitter? Scam!

“If you’ve received a message promising you a new ipad, not only is there no ipad, but also your friends have been hacked.” Twitter also said it will be “sending out password resets to hacked individuals.”

Free iPad Scam Hits Facebook and Twitter [WARNING]

Surely that's down to greed? Even my kids know you don't get anything for free in life, so to be offered a free I-Pad must ring alarm bells?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUxcCXSuBD8[/ame]

Facebook doesn't take their security but we should take our security seriously.

I created FB account. I refused to put full name. I used nickname, No picture myself and just avatar then, I quited cuz i heard too many complains of hackers, stalkers in FB..

I created FB account. I refused to put full name. I used nickname, No picture myself and just avatar then, I quited cuz i heard too many complains of hackers, stalkers in FB..

I never played any FB games from some friends. I always watched out for double FB names.

I found out from my ex-bf that my old classmate has been doing the same thing to other people. I don't know if she got hacked or turned into a scam artist.

I got message from faked FB user yesterday.

Fake message:
Have you gotten your $380,000.00 from Deaf and Hearing Commission yet? If no, then you need to contact the Secretary,Mr Tommy tadcommission@aol.com because I got $380,000.00 from already and the Interpol and my bank confirmed to me that it is real, it is an assistance from United Nations to some lucky people. I saw your name on the lists and I was told you won too.

I had discussed about it to my FB friend as same name of fake user today. He was very upset and never send this messsage. He told me that his password is safe.. also he have strong privacy block. Someone faked my friend s facebook profile.

Wirelessly posted

Oddball said:
I accidently clicked on friend's request since I have not heard from a friend since. Then, she immed me immediately asking me for money. I realized that it is a hacker/scammer right away, then reported it to FB security in order to remove a fake profile. Geez. :roll:

I had the same thing happen to me. I declined certain applications like quizzez , top fans of your fb bec they asked for my cell phone number and no way do I want scammer text messages.

I had learned to not accept second FB friend of double names when hacker send friend to add. We must contact him to ask at first why twice to add FB friends. I now removed this friend of hacker and blocked him.

warned issues Facebhooker is stupid but I hate Hacker! that is trouble serious! fake name! or fake email, but someone stolen your email, change your invisible on email, nobody see on reading people have email! you learn it change option! try fix ! protect to social network! really serious! you can report to Facebook compliant! right human!!

I got message from faked FB user yesterday.

Fake message:

I had discussed about it to my FB friend as same name of fake user today. He was very upset and never send this messsage. He told me that his password is safe.. also he have strong privacy block. Someone faked my friend s facebook profile.

Have you gotten your $380,000.00 from Deaf and Hearing Commission yet? If no, then you need to contact the Secretary,Mr Tommy tadcommission@aol.com because I got $380,000.00 from already and the Interpol and my bank confirmed to me that it is real, it is an assistance from United Nations to some lucky people. I saw your name on the lists and I was told you won too.

It happened to my former classmate from high school days and she did not know that there was a scam taking her profile and send me this message which you had a fake message like above bold statement until someone like me told her that there was a message about the money thing and believe that the money was sent to her with real cash money to proof to her that she had won. I asked her if that is what the message was said and she said that she did not get the money like that and she was very upset about it. I just had known which one is her real profile and get rid of the fake profile that does not belong to my classmate. Does it mean that it is a real professional hacker who know how to swindle out of people for money only? This is terrible and the hacker should be put in jail for doing that. Remember it might be doing that in prison or jail too. :ugh:

I found out from my ex-bf that my old classmate has been doing the same thing to other people. I don't know if she got hacked or turned into a scam artist.

It turned out someone was impersonating her and I am glad my old classmate isn't a scammer. :)

Back