Facebook Scam

Chevy57

Sherlock Hound
Premium Member
Reaction score
Someone hacked into my niece's husband's Facebook ID and email account and sent an email to you. he’s been mugged and needs for you to send him money in London. I had confused that same names were different person between niece's husband and hacker.

This morning hacker from London England needed 1750 Dollars to clear my hotel bill and send it wire to him via western union money transfer. Then niece s husband told me not to do that because reason of FB scam. He was very upset that hacker stolen his FB ID. I refused to send money to hacker. So I told him to change FB name and password right now.

Warning: Facebook ID Theft Target 'Friends'

Last edited:
I am sorry about your nieces father. I wonder How do i know if someone else copied my profile.

Had that happen to me last year....hacked into my account....got all my friends & families list.....scammer was sending emails to all my friends and family about adopting children.....

I have not been on FB since!....will never go back there....really burned me up!

Everyone should know that it's a fake. If it was for real, then proper contact would have been made... not through some social network like Facebook. :roll:

I am not worried as long everyone knows if hacker posts something weird then I will change pw right away like I did on myspace.com my cousin warned me so I had to change pw ;) so my family knows.. just be careful what or who to post under :P so just be careful... I can make a suggestion if hacker really destoryed him... he can cancel FB account and make new one and put email address on private... the part about putting on email address on private like I did and it worked for me :D

I accidently clicked on friend's request since I have not heard from a friend since. Then, she immed me immediately asking me for money. I realized that it is a hacker/scammer right away, then reported it to FB security in order to remove a fake profile. Geez. :roll:

My niece's husband decide to cancel FB account.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqI9uxx-nHM&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - HACKERS/ VIRUS ATTACK ON MY FACEBOOK FRIENDS![/ame]

That's why I am avoiding it!...... I do a still member of Facebook but not often to check in.

Thank tell me know. I avoid click something Facebook.

Use a 12 or more digit password. It takes something like 500 years or more to crack one by brute force. Most hackers won't try after a lengthly period. They're very easily created. Try using your favorite movie line, how many dogs you have, how many kids.
Here's some examples.....
Ihave3petdogs 2kidsareEnough SayHelloToMyLittleFriend

I probably wouldn't want to type the movie quote but you get the idea.

Use a 12 or more digit password. It takes something like 500 years or more to crack one by brute force. Most hackers won't try after a lengthly period. They're very easily created. Try using your favorite movie line, how many dogs you have, how many kids.
Here's some examples.....
Ihave3petdogs 2kidsareEnough SayHelloToMyLittleFriend

I probably wouldn't want to type the movie quote but you get the idea.
Agreed, and these passwords must be unique and NOT the same as you used for email accounts. Use special words, and numbers combined will stop it.

I have never had an issue with Facebook or email or passwords. I use a password that is not associated with me (e.g. doesn't use my name or birthdate, ss#, etc.) I very rarely get messages that seem odd, and anytime I do (whether it's FB or email) I don't click on links. I go to the site directly (because these "scam" links phish you to another page instead). Be smart and don't click on links you don't readily recognize, don't give out your password, make your password not easy to detect, etc. No reason you have to avoid using Facebook or other sites - they are no more prone to issues than other sites if you're smart about your user ID and passwords.

i have never had an issue with facebook or email or passwords. I use a password that is not associated with me (e.g. Doesn't use my name or birthdate, ss#, etc.) i very rarely get messages that seem odd, and anytime i do (whether it's fb or email) i don't click on links. I go to the site directly (because these "scam" links phish you to another page instead). Be smart and don't click on links you don't readily recognize, don't give out your password, make your password not easy to detect, etc. No reason you have to avoid using facebook or other sites - they are no more prone to issues than other sites if you're smart about your user id and passwords.
+ 1

Very true. But the odds of a hacker singling you (as in the average consumer) out is extremely slim.

After something Naisho and I found on my netbook, my kids and I will be changing our Facebook passwords monthly.

After something Naisho and I found on my netbook, my kids and I will be changing our Facebook passwords monthly.

It's pretty waste of time. I don't change my password for almost 3 years and nothing happen with that.

Change a password monthly is not real solve a problem.

I know someone who change a password monthly and he attacked by hacker on his facebook.

Back