Facebook 'Like' Button Declared Illegal In Germany

It's old concept, there is grocery offer member card without fee, give discount. So, that way, the markets are able to understand where location and what they buy. So, they can bring more stock on shelf for right people to buy without loss items that never buy anything. As reward, they get discount!

Yes, they are using FB and Twitter to reach potential candidates for jobs that not many people are even aware of or simply don't know how to apply properly. They are typically alerted to vacancies for a specific agency via FB, but they must go through the proper routes to actually get the position as well as meeting or exceeding the minimum requirements for the vacancy. No personal information is actually shared. All applicants MUST submit their resumes on usajobs.gov under the proper agency.

Even the White House has a FaceBook page as well as a YouTube account. I'm not surprised that certain agencies also utilize these social networks as tools to recruit and reach qualified candidates for vacancies that are often difficult to fill.

I doubt that companies collect IP address from FB and not all IP address will exact to show a home location, sometime, IP address could just locate the ISP is from, that it.

Try harder :) - The bottom line intruder have the ability to find your residency information based on getting public ip address then run into some software databases system.

If the Like button is illegal because they can see your IP address, does that mean Wikipedia is illegal too? After you make an edit, ANYONE can see your IP address (assuming you don't have an account), and anyone can see every edit you've made with said IP/account.

I wish we would just get rid of the 'like' button. I play Farmville and Vampire Wars, and there are people who will click 'like' on every post they see and collect from. For some, 'like' is a way of saying thanks. For some others, 'like' is a placeholder on the wall so they can know where the last collected post was. These people didn't 'like' the posts because they thought the posts were awesome or cool or whatever. The 'like' button lost its function, so it should be made obsolete.

The German government don't have much on their hands, do they?

Back