Facebook issues

Like Jiro said... You are looking at the cup as half empty and not half full. I am not sure if you are aware of the saying. Please do not take what i am about to say as a bad thing, i only want to help you.
From what i can tell, you over-analyze things. It seems to me that maybe you don't quite get what some of us meant in our advices. When i say to Lighten up, i mean Stop thinking about it or worrying about it, just stay relaxed and maybe focus on activities you enjoy doing. Smile as often as you can. Enjoy life and stay positive.

Well to be honest here. I had this status saying 'i shalt thou not to seal my eyes on the ladies at the uni" as a funny joke. I have one like and thats all. I followed your advice of what you said earlier on this thread that use jokes and funny stuff on status and pictures to get likes and comments etc. Well told ya mate, this failed! I am very certain that joke which I quoted above is actually clear enough......

So I deleted it because its embarrassing as like no one laughing at my joke.
I'll be honest, too. Maybe they didn't get the humor of your "joke." I don't get it either. I didn't know it was supposed to be a joke. Since you are so hypersensitive, I'd be afraid to comment that it was funny because I'd be afraid you would think I was mocking you. Maybe no one is laughing at your joke because they're afraid of offending you, or they just don't get your jokes.

Meanwhile today, I saw this person have a very bad status based on 'i lost my wallet last night at the club'. That status have 15 likes and 7 comments so far. So, why people say to me use positive status and pictures on Facebook to get people to respond to you. Well that is absolutely BULLSHIT!
People respond to lost wallets because they can relate to that situation. Nearly everyone has either had the same experience, or they fear having that experience, especially in these days of identity theft credit fraud.

Its a label! Social status! Me as person to them! I am being me! I made up those status and I took pictures! So it got nothing to do with being negative and positive to get likes and comments. Its more of who people see me as a person like a label. I assuming lot of people see me on Facebook or even real life as 'bad person, do not talk to him, do not respond to him, do not invite him' etc etc.
You're assuming too much. You need to focus on something other than yourself. Believe it or not, no one is spending his or her time each day thinking up ways to label you. People have busy lives and other interests.

You need to find other interests. Think about other people and their needs.

The best way to become an interesting person is to sincerely show interest in other people and causes.

Matty, I've noticed that all the threads that you initiate are about you. It seems like all you care about is you. Do you care about anyone or anything else? If not, that might be why people aren't drawn to you.

9 likes for job offer at Utah, USA compared to 15 likes of a picture of me doing tree planting day :S Which one is better? Tree planting or going to USA?

Facebook is nothing but a joke. What happened to emails or texting? What's the difference? I'll tell you, Facebook is used to supervise our lives. FBI, CIA, NSA, you name it, they're on Facebook, you say something about doing illegal stuff. They'll track you down. What I do is create a facebook that does not use my real name, for example, "Sir Sexy Dylan", My first name is Sir, my middle is Sexy, my last is Dylan. It'll work lol

3. Finally. THE FARMVILLE GAME REQUESTS...... UGH. To whoever invented Farmville..... >.>

:laugh2:

Like Reba, I have an account but don't use it anymore other than to receive PMs from family. I primarily use my cell, I'm not SO the kind to air dirty laundry in public, or God forbid my family knowing about it! LOL

Well to be honest here. I had this status saying 'i shalt thou not to seal my eyes on the ladies at the uni" as a funny joke. I have one like and thats all. I followed your advice of what you said earlier on this thread that use jokes and funny stuff on status and pictures to get likes and comments etc. Well told ya mate, this failed! I am very certain that joke which I quoted above is actually clear enough......

So I deleted it because its embarrassing as like no one laughing at my joke. Meanwhile today, I saw this person have a very bad status based on 'i lost my wallet last night at the club'. That status have 15 likes and 7 comments so far. So, why people say to me use positive status and pictures on Facebook to get people to respond to you. Well that is absolutely BULLSHIT!

Its a label! Social status! Me as person to them! I am being me! I made up those status and I took pictures! So it got nothing to do with being negative and positive to get likes and comments. Its more of who people see me as a person like a label. I assuming lot of people see me on Facebook or even real life as 'bad person, do not talk to him, do not respond to him, do not invite him' etc etc.

Honestly, nobody likes the self-pity party. That's what you're probably doing. You still can be yourself but you need to understand that when you throw a self-pity party, it's going to push a lot of people away.

Back