Face with Deaf World

Mizzou

Reaction score
By J.R. Hutto

This book is about deaf person faces with hearing world and challange with hearing who face with deaf world.

I think it is good opportance for everyone to read and understand its culture between hearing and deaf.

Any Questions?

I think so both on deaf and hearing changelle pretty sound!

Sounds like a good book, but neither one of my libraries has it. I guess I will have to check B & N or Amazon.

Would reading the book resonate with any latedeafened person re interacting in the "hearing world"?

Implanted A B Harmony activated Aug/07

Would reading the book resonate with any latedeafened person re interacting in the "hearing world"?

Implanted A B Harmony activated Aug/07

It will help the late-deafened to learn the difference and to maybe know what to expect with the deaf world. I would not think that they would need "help" with the hearing world, however, if you are speaking of a late-deafened person who was a teenager or pre-teen who went from full hearing to a hearing loss, then yes, it might make them more aware of the differences between the hearing world they don't totally know about being so young and the deaf world that they are soon to become a part of.

The above thoughts don't apply if a latedeafened person actually gets/uses a Cochlear Implant- if suitable.

Implanted Sunnybrook/Toronto Advanced Bionics-Harmony activated Aug/07

The above thoughts don't apply if a latedeafened person actually gets/uses a Cochlear Implant- if suitable.

Implanted Sunnybrook/Toronto Advanced Bionics-Harmony activated Aug/07

Well - considering you did not ask if it applied to a person with a CI, duh!! Not all late-deafened people qualify for a CI, please keep that in mind. Then there are the others who would NEVER consider a CI even if they did qualify. Some people are just happy being the way God created them.

Few things comments about CI and late-deafened people. They are discuss in the book. That is why book is trying to see what or how we are in deaf and hearing world about.

I have few friend who are Hoh and got CI in their adult life, I mean mid-30s or mid-40s. That is not mean too late to have CI or deaf whole life. It is either in your decision.

Back