Fabled Gally Critic Howls

What the heck?! The article makes NO sense!

Geez, the person who wrote it needs to tone down their anger and cut out the baseless accusations. If I was someone at the U.S. Department of Education or the Government Accountability Office and I received this complaint, I would throw it away without a second thought.

Okay, maybe I wouldn't, but DAMN, all the exaggeration and all the disorganization of the complaint really don't make me want to investigate or fix ANYTHING. The guy needs to get a real writer to submit his complaints.

This appears to be more of someone just venting and wanting attention by complaining than someone who is interested in changing anything. I don't even remember the writer's name anymore, so he/she/it lost before they even began.

Hey, Nesmuth, ya think we are bumbling idiots or something? Why did you bring this pile of manure here...especially someone in your capacity...jeezzzz, man!

Tousi said:
Hey, Nesmuth, ya think we are bumbling idiots or something? Why did you bring this pile of manure here...especially someone in your capacity...jeezzzz, man!

It may seem to look like manure to you, but I see it as a rich 'bandini mountain' and bandini mountains are good as gold for deaf literacy grantwriters.

Richard

Nesmuth, WTF do you spend so much time bashing Deafness and being otherwise negative about the whole Deaf culture? Yes, it's not perfect....but nothing is perfect. Besides you haven't offered any remedies....you just love bashing it b/c you think there's no value whatsoever in Deaf education. You're probaly one of those folks who worship at the shrine of mainstreaming and total and complete integration into hearing society for everyone! You're almost as bad as Ling or the Auditory-Verbalists!

If you think I'm bashing the deaf society as it is, then suit yourself any way you wish. I'm a firm believer in moving the deaf communities into new frontiers as its on our letterhead stationery. I'm also a firm believer that the ASL extremists need to grow up for a change and let the new deaf generations meld in with the rest of the society.

Secondly the link is here now http://www.deafadvocacy.com/news/mw2405.pdf

We just got another fax and we'll be putting it up on the sites for you to see.

Richard

I'm a firm believer in moving the deaf communities into new frontiers as its on our letterhead stationery. I'm also a firm believer that the ASL extremists need to grow up for a change and let the new deaf generations meld in with the rest of the society.
Yes, but what does that mean? It SOUNDS good, but it sounds like techno doublespeak

deafdyke said:
Yes, but what does that mean? It SOUNDS good, but it sounds like techno doublespeak

It means I read and learned plenty from this book I'm holding in my hand.

That's called quality education.

Richard

Attachments

• Picture 4.jpg
    Picture 4.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 12
and let the new deaf generations meld in with the rest of the society.
Ummmm.....OK. Trying to assimulate has NEVER EVER worked. I definitly think there is value in being a part of the mainstream, but we DO need our own world. I am hoh, and while I don't belong in the deaf world, I am certainly not exactly assimulated in the hearing world either.

Probably just another excuse to write another grant....

It's too valuable evidence for our grantwriting to be sharing with others.

Richard

It means I read and learned plenty from this book I'm holding in my hand.

That's called quality education.
Ummmm, whatever! So some educators are against ASL? So what? Orally educated kids have low reading levels as well! With the exception of Cued speech most educational options for the Deaf have not lived up to the possibilties of better literacy. And yeah, I do know that alledgely oral kids are better educated, but have you considered the possibilties of bias or flawed research methods?
I mean hearing people have a LOT to gain from pushing oral...it means more money for them...without oral audis, speech therapists, auditory-verbal therapists and other people like that would be out of a job!

Back