F.Y.I. about weather warning alert for deafia

Is anyone who are aware of about weather warning?

• Yes I already have installed weather warning alert for deafia.

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • No I do not have weather warning alert for deafia

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • I need to know about this information.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Please help me and how to download for weather warning alert?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
how do i get a free weather alert system?
i've filled a couple forms here and there.

if got any idea's please help.
thank you for your help :)

If you pay attention to several metroloigical sites covering your area, you'd be warned plenty ahead of time and not rely on these emergencymail thingys as they dont work fast enuff any more.

Every night I check;

GOES server (water vapor, infared, and visible)
intellicast radar
military surface wind maps
temps anomolies

each has a website on it's own and by looking at them every night I can tell whats gonna happen in the next few days and I can forecast warnings farther ahead in time than what emergencyemail can report.

Richard

I wouldn't bother applying for one because I don't live in an area where there's not alot of bad storms. It's rare to see that happen. :P

sequoias said:
I wouldn't bother applying for one because I don't live in an area where there's not alot of bad storms. It's rare to see that happen. :P

Not to rain on your parade (sorry..bad pun intended) not having a history of violent storms does not mean they cannot occur. I remember when I was a kid in the area I live at now, we used to have severe thunderstorms but very little damage. This has gotten worse over the years and we now average quite a few tornadoes every years (I think we had a dozen or so last year). Weather can be freaky at times and not always planned for.

Keep an eye on the weather sites. I own a weather related website that pulls data from NOAA and radar that updates every few minutes.

Taylor, I have been living here in Seattle for 5 years, lived in California my whole life and I know what the weather is like here. Severe storms are rare in California, Oregon and Washington and warnings aren't common. The severe disasters we're at risk for are tsunami, volcanoes and earthquakes. The windstorms in the West powerful as a category 2 or 3 hurricane happens every 50-100 years. That's like once a generation on average. Severe thunderstorms happens about on average of less than 2 times a year. No tornadoes have touched down in Seattle area in recorded history, only in East Washington or Portland/Vancouver area sometimes.

sequoias said:
Taylor, I have been living here in Seattle for 5 years, lived in California my whole life and I know what the weather is like here. Severe storms are rare in California, Oregon and Washington and warnings aren't common. The severe disasters we're at risk for are tsunami, volcanoes and earthquakes. The windstorms in the West powerful as a category 2 or 3 hurricane happens every 50-100 years. That's like once a generation on average. Severe thunderstorms happens about on average of less than 2 times a year. No tornadoes have touched down in Seattle area in recorded history, only in East Washington or Portland/Vancouver area sometimes.

Sequoias, Please know that I was not trying to start any sort of argument or be confrontational. I just believe that complacency gets people hurt and that is why I posted what I did.

I don't know if you were living in Seattle in 2001, but below is the start of a tornado that hit the western side of Seattle. Fortunately it was small, but did toss a some kids around that were playing outside at a daycare.

wseattle_tornado_2.jpg

And just north of Seattle in 2004

funnel_large.jpg

Tornadoes may be rare there, but they are not impossible.

Tornadoes can happen anywhere not just in the infamous Tornado Alley.

Pennsylvania got hit really bad with a real bad rash of tornadoes in the early 1980's and it was all over the news at that time. I think 48 tornadoes spanning the length of about 3 or 4 states, just in one single day.

It could happen anywhere usually after hurricane

any recommendation about weather alert for deafies ?

Cassbugs said:
how do i get a free weather alert system?
i've filled a couple forms here and there.

if got any idea's please help.
thank you for your help :)
When I get home, I would have to look for the address where you can fill out your name and zip code.. then you will recieve only weather alert/ warning in or nearby your area on your sidekick or email.

Taylor said:
Not to rain on your parade (sorry..bad pun intended) not having a history of violent storms does not mean they cannot occur. I remember when I was a kid in the area I live at now, we used to have severe thunderstorms but very little damage. This has gotten worse over the years and we now average quite a few tornadoes every years (I think we had a dozen or so last year). Weather can be freaky at times and not always planned for.

Keep an eye on the weather sites. I own a weather related website that pulls data from NOAA and radar that updates every few minutes.

Taylor's right about that. I used to live in the same state as he. I never thought I'd see a tornado until, one time several years ago, one touched down about a block from where I lived at the time. Since that time, the state HAS seen an increase in tornado activity over the years. I left in 1998, and we were averaging more watches and warnings than ever before. I don't pay attention to the watches in that area anymore, because, I've got my hands full with the 'canes now, but I can imagine what it's like now.

That won't do anything worth shit if the electricity goes out during a storm. Why bother?

And, no, I do not have a SideKick or cell or any other pagers.

I have a nature watch catalog of browser favorites so when I click on the catalog all the browsers to the nature watch sites open up and in about 5 seconds ill know whats mother nature is up to.

Emergencyemail.org is good but theyre slow.

Richard

Aloha, Im on maui. My home is on the beach . How do I get warning system for tsunami. i think i need this .hehehehe

Back