F*** It List

Journey

Reaction score
Soon I will be able to cross a couple of things off my Bucket List (yeah!)and it got me to thinking ... I am getting to the age where perhaps a F*** It List would be more appropriate. A list of those things that I would benefit from letting go or not worrying about anymore. I think one of the things I should put on my list is "making the bed every morning". Now, that may sound trivial to some but I have always felt I should make the bed/s at the start of every day, regardless of how much time I have or whether I want to or not. I think maybe it is time to just say F*** It once in a while. Everything is not going to fall apart if my bed is unmade. So my goal is to make a list that will help 'unclutter' my life - to try and let go of things (ideas, thoughts, habits) that, in the grand scheme of things, are not that important.

What would you put on your F*** It list?

Last edited:
Housework. Not entirely, but somewhat. I'm way too anal about a clean house, and I am learning to let up on that a little bit. Like you, my world would not fall apart if my house was not 100%.

Letting anyone over to my house that didnt contribute to cleaning here... My soon to be ex, step kids... My list already constitutes to not doing anything here but I do just to avoid arguements. Anyone who I helped in the past and didnt lift a finger to help me with this house... they are all on that list, and I thought to make a plauque and place as a stepping stone with all their names...hahahahha wouldnt they love that, losers !

I make my bed because I like a tidy bed to crawl into at night and don't want to have to do it at bed time.

Vacuuming every other day....and yeah, my bed...I do make it up everyday. And never go to sleep without straightening things up as I can't stand for things to be out of place when I wake up in the AM...:roll:...I've always kept a "tight ship" and habits are hard to break.

My friends always joked with me, that you could eat off the floors/toilet... just because I was so clean, even teased me that I would make some guy a nice little wife...lol
Now they ask me, How can I stand to live with a slob...?
I CANT !!! Its driving me nuts, my ex used to tease me that I had OCD because everything was orderly and in its place, I could tell when something was moved as well... Oh I cant wait for those days again soon !

Had a relative of mine say that she would/could never live with me becuz I was too clean....and one thing I absolutely cannot stand is clutter on the floors....or a left over sink full of dirty dishes when there is the dishwasher....My mother was very clean...and my siblings are too...have seen some pretty horrific and nasty houses...just dunno how some people can live in all that filth....One friend's house smells so bad, you have to hold ur breath in there...

My 2 boys are pretty good about keeping their apartment somewhat clean...and won't let me in until it's picked up!...:giggle:...

Just watching the TV show...Hoarders...really makes you wonder if there is something wrong with urself!...when their houses are so filthy...:hmm:

:laugh2: at rock'n robin, what wrong with your self if you dont hoard :laugh2:

well as for me, i have a F&&&K it list with study...its just too much...but im staying on...

Had a relative of mine say that she would/could never live with me becuz I was too clean....and one thing I absolutely cannot stand is clutter on the floors....or a left over sink full of dirty dishes when there is the dishwasher....My mother was very clean...and my siblings are too...have seen some pretty horrific and nasty houses...just dunno how some people can live in all that filth....One friend's house smells so bad, you have to hold ur breath in there...

My 2 boys are pretty good about keeping their apartment somewhat clean...and won't let me in until it's picked up!...:giggle:...

Just watching the TV show...Hoarders...really makes you wonder if there is something wrong with urself!...when their houses are so filthy...:hmm:

Its probly why I am so clean and organized, my mom was close to being a hoarder, My dad would just throw stuff out. After I moved out and got my own house my dad wanted to move in with me...lol

right now, the current apartment where I live. shit they're going to raise my rent next month (my lease expires on the 31st) so I gotta find another place SOON! I'm sick of this place anyway. I need a cheaper apartment, that will be smoke free and that's not my current apartment.

Wirelessly posted

I am in a pissy mood today, so my list would be really long.

My oldest son had a girlfriend and she was really a mess!...Their apartment was awful...Dirty clothes pilled so high on the bedroom floor, dirty and crusted dishes in the sink and their cat liter box was always overflowing...ash trays overflowing and the smell ....My son was not a happy camper....She didn't know how to cook either....Funny thing is...I really liked her as she had an awesome personality....but dunno why she had to live so dirty....

Now he has another girlfriend whose apartment is spotless....and she works full time too... He's a lot happier, clean clothes to wear and looks so much better.

My oldest son had a girlfriend and she was really a mess!...Their apartment was awful...Dirty clothes pilled so high on the bedroom floor, dirty and crusted dishes in the sink and their cat liter box was always overflowing...ash trays overflowing and the smell ....My son was not a happy camper....She didn't know how to cook either....Funny thing is...I really liked her as she had an awesome personality....but dunno why she had to live so dirty....

Now he has another girlfriend whose apartment is spotless....and she works full time too... He's a lot happier, clean clothes to wear and looks so much better.

I should have turned and RAN as fast as I could when I met my current wife... oh well, lesson learned to be all alone after this is going to be great.

There are a lot of things that I would have to place on my "F*** it" list instead of my Bucket list due only to health issues. I want to do it all but my body just can't:-(

There are a lot of things that I would have to place on my "F*** it" list instead of my Bucket list due only to health issues. I want to do it all but my body just can't:-(

I can relate somewhat Angel, this is one of the reasons I will add certain things to my list when they are clear and concise enough in my own head. For instance, I want to be able to get to a place within myself that I can say "F*** It" to feeling guilty that I cannot do hours of physical activity like I used to do. The fact is, most days, I can't. Plain and simple. But yet I still get frustrated and often beat myself up about it. I need to let it go.

Ahhh Journey, I can totally relate and I am sorry you go through this too. I fought it for a very long time and it only made things worse. I wish I could do it all but if I try I pay dearly for it. I want to spend my good days with my family and if I do too much I have fewer good days. Hang in there!!!

Soon I will be able to cross a couple of things off my Bucket List (yeah!)and it got me to thinking ... I am getting to the age where perhaps a F*** It List would be more appropriate. A list of those things that I would benefit from letting go or not worrying about anymore. I think one of the things I should put on my list is "making the bed every morning". Now, that may sound trivial to some but I have always felt I should make the bed/s at the start of every day, regardless of how much time I have or whether I want to or not. I think maybe it is time to just say F*** It once in a while. Everything is not going to fall apart if my bed is unmade. So my goal is to make a list that will help 'unclutter' my life - to try and let go of things (ideas, thoughts, habits) that, in the grand scheme of things, are not that important.

What would you put on your F*** It list?

welcome to my life :lol:

that's why I never make my bed or put my "daily" clothes away in closet. I live a practical life... not neurotic life.

doing those chores make no sense to me if I use it everyday. it's a wasted effort and a waste of time. I only clean it up if a guest is coming over.

Some Doctors advise people with allergies NOT to make their beds. Seriously.

Back