Eyesight of deaf sharper

I am not sure if we have that retina to be sharp so that we can see much better than deafness. :dunno:

I have trouble with my sight enough to locate where I am and trying to see at night time (night blindness). I did see when there is emotion or action display and know what is to understand making out what they are saying or meaning to say like actions. Do you understand what I am saying? :hmm:

Wirelessly posted (Blackberry Bold )

Rather than sharper vision, I think it's more a matter that we make better use of our vision (especially peripheral) and of visual information than hearing people do.

Wirelessly posted (Blackberry Bold )

tigersharkdude said:
^What he/she said. We are more aware of our surroundings

She

I had 20/15 vision when I was younger. I now have 20/20 vision My eyesight is a lot better than my hearing.

Not true in my case. For some reason, my vision worsened in my 20s, and then has gradually worsed and gotten better, but has been stable for the last 12 years. I still wear the same glasses I got 12 years ago! I have something called monocular polyopia. Go figure.

I know someone who uses his peripheral vision because of macular degeneration. We take the center field of our vision for granted, but try reading out of the corner of you eyes. He can do it, so the perception of more visual acuity has to do with using part of our senses that normally isn't used much - until something happens.

Back