Eye Exam

Firebrand

Reaction score
I'm having an eye exam done on Thursday. I need new prescription glasses. The exam is going to be done by an opthalmalogist, since I haven't had an eye exam since before I had my brain lesion 5 1/2 years ago.

In these situations, the doctor will put eye drops to dilate the pupils. And when that happens, the vision gets all blurry. If you don't have anyone with you and you depend on speech-reading, what do you do? I'm going there by bus (the driver will know that I won't see very well coming out of the office.

Can you read with blurry vision like that? Just curious. Hearing will not help me, since I hear nothing. I don't know if there is an alternative way of doing this or not. I need a good exam since I see out of only one eye.

Thanks in advance for your advice and tips. :ty:

take a notepad and a black sharpie marker
the black marker will be easier to see and you can write message back and forth and ask dr to use thumb up for better and thumb down for worse.
and finger count for 1,2,3,4.

I had my eye dr do this for my deaf girlfriend at her last appointment.

this should help

I recently had cataract surgery and lens implants now eyes are better than normal(perfect vision):lol:

Thank you so much! This is the first one I'm doing on my own.

Cool. I'm glad that the lens implant helps. Perfect vision? Do you have really good night vision?

I went to the eye doc today. The eyedrops didn't blur my vision as much as the last one, so all is good. Of course, the drops kept me from being able to read text for a few hours. I get new glasses on Tuesday. :)

Great for you ! Hope be test exam! good idea sound!

I went to the eye doc today. The eyedrops didn't blur my vision as much as the last one, so all is good. Of course, the drops kept me from being able to read text for a few hours. I get new glasses on Tuesday. :)

Good to hear. Hope you picked out a groovy pair of glasses. :)

Your eyes will be a super vision. You might beat a hawk's vision that see something so far away. ;)

Back