extream makeover this week

Kateweb

Reaction score
i was late tuning in but a family has several adopted kids 2 are deaf and both sign and all the other kids sign as well so the can talk to thier sisters. kinda a feel good thing

I am watching the later part now, its soo touching. The husband and wife, adopted several kids ( one deaf, correct me if I am wrong), one blind and others with a disability from China and I believe they have one son of their own. The father is ill and making his dream come true for his family to live in a safe environment. Touching story!

Last edited:
Very touching episode tonight, probably one of the most emotional episode of the home makeover show. In the end, it's unfortunate that the father has passed away from cancer 3 days after the house was built. :(

R.I.P :(

Yes, this is one of the BEST episodes of Extreme Makeover with the father passing away just three days after the house was built.
RIP :( The house is gorgous and adjusted to meet the needs of the blind daughter with special technology using a scanner and computer items.

Yes, this is one of the BEST episodes of Extreme Makeover with the father passing away just three days after the house was built.
RIP :( The house is gorgous and adjusted to meet the needs of the blind daughter with special technology using a scanner and computer items.

Yes, the scanner helps a lot and gives the blind daughter more independence, braille book, laptop ,etc.

Beautiful house!

I hope the mother finds her own peace and always have the father in her heart and to move on to be happy with the kids she have. Being widowed and single mom is going to be tough, but she has all the support from her community.

I am watching the later part now, its soo touching. The husband and wife, adopted several kids ( one deaf, correct me if I am wrong), one blind and others with a disability from China and I believe they have one son of their own. The father is ill and making his dream come true for his family to live in a safe environment. Touching story!

2 deaf , the HH , one of the reed lips well and speaks as well as signs also the the blind girls had hearing aids on I caught that near the end. real sad tho, it's going to be so hard growing up with out a dad now.

Yes...correct...one is deaf and other is HH and blind.

House is beautiful but too big! Too big to keep it up for me! LOL! Anyway, it is nice layout especially for the blind one..(forgot her name) so she won't bump into anything.

I cried and cried when I found out that the father passed! :( But he was happy that all are safe and sound in a new home then he went peace.

I even recorded that and watched the whole episode and i admit that i did sniffled (little crying) about their father has passed away in three days after the house was built for them... Very emotionally and inspiration story about the adoptions from half way the world or anywhere - I am applauding them to have unconditional love from anywhere from their hearts! :applause: :thumb:

Dang I missed the show.. anyone got a video of that show for me to view if so?? Let me know!!!

Mod's Note:

The thread has been moved to it's proper location.

I saw that one yesterday and yes you're correct, their father died within 3 days after their house been remodeled. Yea, it was a touching story, it brought tears to my eyes. The mother signs weren't all that great, but at least she did her best at signing, better than nothing really. :)

Back