Experiment idea

bankstre93

Reaction score
As of yet I am still hearing, although I've been classified as 50% loss in my left ear and 75% loss in my right ear. Would it be insensitive of me to do an experiment in which I wear earplugs for an extended amount of time (7+days) just to see what the future may hold?

you are losing your hearing, so you have rights to experiment on your own. It's your life. That's understandable!

So you want to be deaf ? For a day to see how it feels to see how it feels .

As of yet I am still hearing, although I've been classified as 50% loss in my left ear and 75% loss in my right ear. Would it be insensitive of me to do an experiment in which I wear earplugs for an extended amount of time (7+days) just to see what the future may hold?

That confused me as you said that you are hearing but you are classified as hard of hearing to severe hearing loss. Why would you want to wear earplugs as opposed to your classified hearing loss? That don't make any sense to me.

I have a feeling that you are still hearing if not classified. :roll:

That confused me as you said that you are hearing but you are classified as hard of hearing to severe hearing loss. Why would you want to wear earplugs as opposed to your classified hearing loss? That don't make any sense to me.

I have a feeling that you are still hearing if not classified. :roll:

Been HOH since grade 2, that's when I got my first h.a. I meant I'm still hearing as in I still have the ability to hear...didn't know hearing was so confusing.

Been HOH since grade 2, that's when I got my first h.a. I meant I'm still hearing as in I still have the ability to hear...didn't know hearing was so confusing.

You could have said that I am Hard Of Hearing (HOH) instead of saying hearing. Hearing meant that you were fully hearing, not hard of hearing or deaf. You are making the mistake on the identification of your hearing.

As for the earplugs, you don't need them as you have hearing loss without the aids. That is what confused me. Wow, you are something that we did not expect you to do that. :shock:

You could have said that I am Hard Of Hearing (HOH) instead of saying hearing. Hearing meant that you were fully hearing, not hard of hearing or deaf. You are making the mistake on the identification of your hearing.

As for the earplugs, you don't need them as you have hearing loss without the aids. That is what confused me. Wow, you are something that we did not expect you to do that.

Thank you for clarifying, I've been raised in a hearing world and did not realize there was a difference.
These are the things I hope to learn from this site and all of the awesome people here. Thanks again.

Yes, longer than 1 day. Maybe week, 2 week.

You could go on a vacation to a foreign country in which nobody speaks english. That would be a more accurate representation of the deaf experience.

You could go on a vacation to a foreign country in which nobody speaks english. That would be a more accurate representation of the deaf experience.

It would also be a more expensive representation, and I already know some signs whereas I do not know any foreign spoken languages.

Back