Experienced an anxiety attack?

Dino65

Reaction score
I do -- any ideas of how to overcome this?

I don't experience them but I know people who do and the best thing is to not hyperventitale and to have positive thinking projected in your mind. They key is to stay calm and realize that some things are not real and just slow down and breathe don't let control go all over the place, sit back and relax. Think calmly also prayer to God does help too. :angel:

I have generalized anxiety disorder and PTSD, so , I get anxiety attacks. I'm on meds for this, so I don't get *as many* anxiety attacks anymore, but I used to get them all the time.

If this becomes an issue for you, and you just can't seem to deal with it, I'd recommend seeing the doctor. It may be that meds may be indicated.

:hug: Dino. You're NOT alone! Anxiety bites!!!!

I know the feeling, but I don't take meds for them. Although I probably should. But I learned to handle them in my own way through out the years. Although it gets harder & harder everyday & totally agree with you Dino & Oceanbreeze Anxiety Bites!!!!

I have generalized anxiety disorder and PTSD, so , I get anxiety attacks. I'm on meds for this, so I don't get *as many* anxiety attacks anymore, but I used to get them all the time.

If this becomes an issue for you, and you just can't seem to deal with it, I'd recommend seeing the doctor. It may be that meds may be indicated.

:hug: Dino. You're NOT alone! Anxiety bites!!!!

I know the feeling, but I don't take meds for them. Although I probably should. But I learned to handle them in my own way through out the years. Although it gets harder & harder everyday & totally agree with you Dino & Oceanbreeze Anxiety Bites!!!!

I was the same way. I tried to "handle it" on my own for awhile. I was miserable, so I finally was put on meds. Life isn't great, but it's better.

I may have experienced anxiety attacks without knowing it or what an anxiety attack is. I have been okay since then but I do get nightmares and my mind triggers the events all over again sometimes. I just want to leave the area because I do not want to remember or experience any of these things ever again.

My mom had a experience few times. My brother and sister control her calm down many times. I not explain it everything but saw my mom many times. It helping hot tea, any candy bar or other different calm way.

i have anxiety attacks, panic disorder and depression from bad experiences. It sucks big time. I am on the medications for them. I tried to manage it on my own for a while but its not working out so back on medicines now and seems like i am feeling much better now.. but it take times..

Now I am not scared to drive my car and go to town BUT i still have problems with too many people at Walmart. :( it get me nervous big time and clammy hands, feel like passing out.. and bad headaches.. i hate it! i have to go back to dr for check up again soon and will tell him it doesnt work still .. he will have to change medicines .. grrr..

if i get one... all i can do is get out of walmart and hurry to car and get in car and relax and think calm down.. breath in and out.. trying to relax.. its hard but it does work but not always.. grrr..
i notice that i dont have it when i have my son or my sister with me .. i wonder why? is it cuz i feel safe? LOL i dont know... heh..

I used to get them alot. Mainly when talking to people who've put a dent in me emotionally. While talking to them, whenever a situation came up my limbs/body would shake violently (sometimes just minorly) and wouldn't stop for awhile. Though, after putting up with it so long I've grown numb to it and just either got over it or don't care of their opinions now. It sucked :P

Back