exercise and CI's

Adam

Reaction score
Do you or can you wear your CI while exercising? I would imagine they are like HA's in that you can't get them wet.

Adam

Do you or can you wear your CI while exercising? I would imagine they are like HA's in that you can't get them wet.

Adam

Just treat CI the same as you would treat HAs when exercising...

With the exception of using a treadmill, I remove my CIs when exercising so that I don't have to worry about them being lost or accumulated with sweat.

Adam

Some people wear them with huggies. The Freedom processors are water resistant, and has a filter over the mics. You can just pop it in dry and store after exercising to get rid of the sweat and bacteria. Still works perfectly well. I think for someone who sweats a LOT will use this frequent or just take them off. I like to just leave them on to plug in the iPod, then when i go take a shower, they're in Dry and Store.

Adam

Generally, if it will cause me to sweat, my CI will come off. I had tried using "sock" covers, but I still doubt their effectiveness since they hold moisture, exposing CI to evaporation.

Generally, if it will cause me to sweat, my CI will come off. I had tried using "sock" covers, but I still doubt their effectiveness since they hold moisture, exposing CI to evaporation.

go to check my website cover for HA and CI from sweat and dust and wet. You misread my link post number 5

I ride Horses, Sail boats and skis, I still wear CI. When i am Horseriding/skiing i wear helment. When i come home from sailing i plop the CI in the dri and store box to dry.

CI haven't stopped me from doing things i love to do.

overthepond's post reminded me of the fact that I still wear my CIs when I go downhill skiing. I wear a helmet which has a section carved out of the foam lining that keeps my CI magnets and processors secure. I've been downhill skiing for the past 4 years since getting my first CI and I haven't lost my processor(s) yet. In addition, I used to go downhill skiing back in my hearing aid days and did the same thing. Of course, when I come home, I always put my CIs in the Dry and Store for complete drying.

Hi Hear again.

I just got trendy new skiing helment by "head", it's the most comfy i had tried, the internal is so comfortable that i don't need to alter.

My riding hat however is so difficult to find, I am still using my old one with the internal carved out to accomodate my coil. When trying for new ones, the hats are so hard and there's very thin padding inside. I have tried so many so far, I need to be able to wear them 4 plus hours occassionally. the problem i find is if i try a hat on little bigger than my orginal hat it's far too big. If it's right size the coil would put pressure on my skin causing discomfort. So it's pain in the ass! I will find one somehow.

I may take unecessary risks, though the head band from my goggles secure the wire portion of my CI - at least it still catches it if it pops from severe swerving.

Hi Hear again.

I just got trendy new skiing helment by "head", it's the most comfy i had tried, the internal is so comfortable that i don't need to alter.

My riding hat however is so difficult to find, I am still using my old one with the internal carved out to accomodate my coil. When trying for new ones, the hats are so hard and there's very thin padding inside. I have tried so many so far, I need to be able to wear them 4 plus hours occassionally. the problem i find is if i try a hat on little bigger than my orginal hat it's far too big. If it's right size the coil would put pressure on my skin causing discomfort. So it's pain in the ass! I will find one somehow.

Hi overthepond,

What is the ski helmet brand that you're using?

When I go skiing this winter, I plan on changing my magnets from a #1 to a #2 so that they stay in place better.

*Runs to her room to see what type*

The brand is Head. "Tika" is the type of the product, It got soft removeable ear flaps. The padding inside is also removable. Nice and furry ear flaps!

Not sure if "HEAD" is American, they do worldwide. region - Ski - HEAD.com if that helps.

*Runs to her room to see what type*

The brand is Head. "Tika" is the type of the product, It got soft removeable ear flaps. The padding inside is also removable. Nice and furry ear flaps!

Not sure if "HEAD" is American, they do worldwide. region - Ski - HEAD.com if that helps.

I'll definitely have to check that out. I've been looking for a new ski helmet. Thanks! :)

Running

I run long distances with the CI on with no difficulties. I ran a marathon with my CI on in April.

(Now that it's rainy season, though, I'm probably not going to wear my CI for long runs, because between the rain and sweat, it would literally be soaking in water for hours, and I don't want to push it that far.)

I would never wear my hearing aids running and my audiologist concurs. The Freedom is *much* more water resistant.

rokicki

what type of CI do you have? I am not familiar with the CI models and companies.

adam

When I am exercising, I take I page out of Cloggy's book and wear mine on my shoulder with a longer transmitter coil. No having to worry about sweat, and it doesn't fall off. I also use this method when I'm doing things that could result in it falling off like going fishing, or when I'm at the beach.

Back