Excuse me, ma’am ....

Slightly :topic: but along the same vein...

We had a pool (years ago) that was partly in the ground and out. There was vinyl siding on the upper part to enclose the supporting structure. To make a long story short, my brother and I were burning rosebush clippings in a trashcan near the pool. Yep, suffice to say we managed to get the vinyl siding on fire and my mom attempted to call the fire department. The fire department just wouldn't believe her when she said the "pool was on fire". She had to resort to saying the backyard was on fire and needless to say the fire trucks finally came out out. Obviously, there was no misrepresentation here but sometimes it is hard to get people's attention :D

Moral of story - Be careful how you describe something to the authorities...

BTW - The fire burned itself out by the time the fire trucks arrived and the damage was confined to one panel which we never replaced.

No matter how meny times she calls and uses the word CAT, the first time she calls and says BABY...we have to go...even if it is at the same phone number.

And I would be willing to bet the she was told by 911 that we do not save cats and two in my town we only have 1 animal control officer for the whole county and he was maybe not respounding fast enough to suit her.

So I stand by my other post....fine her and book her....

but to try and answer all your questions....

As I stated..we are a Volunteer Fire Dept. so there is no charge to you.

It is the cost of the equiptment, Time on County to send us out on a call and other cost like fuel that is figured into the 3 to 5 hundred dollar charge.

Some people are working and so we can have a man power shortage at times to respound to a fire

if they didnt want to help cuz its not their job.. how come they didnt contact people who IS their job to rescue animals? how come they refused first 3 times? if they gave her phone nbr i bet u she wouldnt be able to think straight and write it down and call them. so why didnt firemen do that? after all it is their job to help in any way possible isnt it?

diehardbiker65 said:
Not trying to critize you, but problem is some locale are having budget problems, or have their own issues and have rules on how to handle emergencies (By priority). And that is where the trouble is. Some locale have flexiblies and usually not a problem for them. Making false statement with the law is illegal since the United States was born. Everybody knows that.
You're right.

How would you feel if your kid was drowning and the fire department couldn't come right away because they were busy saving some kitten from someone's tree?

A possible productive solution...maybe animal emergency services for a community could be listed in the same place where the addresses for police, fire, and medical services are listed? This could make it more likely people will call the right people to rescue animals instead of bogging down other services.

people and pets should use the same type of help they seek, and life is very vaulable to them.

I can't believe some people would never understand how important animals like cats and dogs and other animals that shows love and care should be left dead and that's animal cruelity right?

if animal cruelity is illegal, then...if they ignore your call when you tell them your cat got stuck in a tiolet, and they hang up and your cat drowns...whose fault is it?

you proably know the answer so it's like they are breaking their own laws. :ugh:

it's a pity that she was ticketed, but at least her cat was okay.

Rose Immortal said:
A possible productive solution...maybe animal emergency services for a community could be listed in the same place where the addresses for police, fire, and medical services are listed? This could make it more likely people will call the right people to rescue animals instead of bogging down other services.

Yea there is animal control office at the same building where the police depart is in my home town. So they will contact them and sent them to my house. It happened to be before.

Pomeranian said:
Yea there is animal control office at the same building where the police depart is in my home town. So they will contact them and sent them to my house. It happened to be before.

Then they should do that in every police department, especially the NYPD.

Back