Everything has gone to hell again....

Firebrand

Reaction score
I may not be on StrokeNet very much for awhile because my husband just lost his job. He probably need the laptop more and we only have one laptop. I'm freaked out because COBRA costs so much to pay for. Last time my husband lost his job, the payment was over $500, which matched our mortgage monthly payments and the unemployment checks would not cover the cost of living expenses.... I'm soooo overwhelmed, but I'll live. I may have to put my old 16 year-old cat down.... This makes me so sad.

I'm very sorry that you are going thru such a hard time.

I am sorry too. But if nothing is wrong with the cat except age, there are charities where you can get food for it.

Check with your local food pantry. They may have food for the cat and you and your husband too.

Also contact any rescue organization and ask them for sources of food donations for your cat.

Sorry to hear about your difficult time. Please do as Bott says, there IS help out there! Hang in there!

lost in america

Losing a job now is a bitch but the economy is marginally better.
Your mortgage is pretty low !! It is possible you can find some kind of mortgage assistance. Google that for your state.
Are both you and your husband deaf? If so think about applying for ssd now.
Cobra does suck. Are you or your husband dependent on medical care right now? Maybe you can find something with lower cost but higher deductables?
If you and husband are deaf it might be helpful to look at your states VR as well. Another resourse that may turn up something.
About the cat,,, ummm. I like dogs

I am soooo sorry to know that you are going through this. Hopefully something better will turn up. You have been given some good advice here and hope it all works out for you.

sorry to know things are going bad for you but if your cat is doing well you can ask your relative or family to keep the cat.. but if cat have problems or something i wud definately 100% understand why cuz my family and I had to put our beloved cat down since she was not doing well that was almost 4 years ago that happened in dec of 2006.. few days before christmas but if you feel lonely or something you can keep yourself busy asking yoru relatives or something if you want to take care of their animals like babysit so you can get more $$.. just a suggestion :)

Look in ur phone book and find many, many charitable organizations, such as Salvation Army....many Churches have food pantries also! Plus clothes if needed.....check with ur Humane Society and Rescues for Pets, they might be able to help with cat food.
We've had to tighten our belts also....Everybody is having it rough....I manage with $250.00 a month for groceries with a family of 4...it can be done! We set our thermostat to 78 (during the summer), and use fans a lot. I've cut our Cable to basic for the time being, but am struggling also with Internet, but it's very important to my sons, using it for school. So I've no plans to cut that.
All the "frills" have been cut out, just the basic needs until the economy rebounds.....(how long that will be, no one really knows).....
Good Luck....remember, when the going gets rough....the tough get going!

sorry hear about to sad!! that is bad!!! story terrible

Firebrand-

I am hoping things will get better for you and the family soon. I know it is hard all around. That's part of why my family and I are living with my MIL. Not the best situation, but she needed us and we needed her help.

Hanging there...(((((((((hug)))))))) Do you have parents to help you guys out? I am helping my son out right now till they catch up with their bills and paid off all the debts. He was out of job for 3 months now he got a new job but it is way less than what he used to make before. So they are struggling too. Hope your husband will find a new job soon as possible. :)

Back