ever thought of making a website?

Web domain monsters!

Deaf258 said:
Yeah, that's like asking to own a brand new jag on the day you got your first driver's license. You need to learn the tricks before you get a domain name.

I didn't get my own until 2 years ago. I started getting in to HTML in 1994. Remember this phrase when learning how to design homepages and learning HTML: "Less is more!"

I just joined alldeaf, and am a new website owner. I just got a domain and built a site. I am concerned about your comments here. could you give me some more info on why you shouldn't register a domain if you don't know the tricks? I mean, is there some monster that is going to eat me alive for putting up a website? My website needs a lot of work, I know . . . I will let you see it if you want. What tricks do I need to worry about? I am using some cheap ass web design program, so I don't manually key in any code. . . I think I have the Ford Fiesta not the Jag. I just got my learner's permit.

New web idea!

Alex said:
If you can come up with something unique, then I say go and create a website! I will even help you get started if you need help. Good luck. ;)

Hi Alex! I am a new member of alldeaf, and saw your comment here. I know it's an old thread. . . Anyway, I just registered my domain and am working on building my website. I would welcome your opinions and help. In reading some of the comments on this thread, it sounds like a novice like me is going to be eaten alive by some web monster. Would you be willing to look at my site and tell me what is scary about it?

Back