Ever thought about this?

sweetstarz

Reaction score
I've read some of the posts on different topics in this forum, and it seems to me that most of you are very intelligent and opinionated, which I think is a great thing to be when it comes to wanting to change the world, even if just one person at a time. I do know, however, that these things are repeatedly talked about by many people and nothing is ever done about it! If we feel SO STRONGLY about a certain issue, why doesn't any of us ever write to the appropriate official to try and see what could be done? And no, I don't mean just write to the President or anything like that. I mean, start with a representative or governor and then move up the line until you feel something is being done about your issue. Hard work is usually rewarded richly... I just think a lot of us don't want to pursue something that make take up so much time. Just a thought... I myself don't really know of any particular issue I'd LIKE to change at the moment due to some personal things I'm trying to work out first (priorities, priorities).... so please don't come back and ask me why I haven't done anything. I'm only intending to ask those who might complain that nothing is getting done. :)

I've read some of the posts on different topics in this forum, and it seems to me that most of you are very intelligent and opinionated, which I think is a great thing to be when it comes to wanting to change the world, even if just one person at a time. I do know, however, that these things are repeatedly talked about by many people and nothing is ever done about it! If we feel SO STRONGLY about a certain issue, why doesn't any of us ever write to the appropriate official to try and see what could be done? And no, I don't mean just write to the President or anything like that. I mean, start with a representative or governor and then move up the line until you feel something is being done about your issue. Hard work is usually rewarded richly... I just think a lot of us don't want to pursue something that make take up so much time. Just a thought... I myself don't really know of any particular issue I'd LIKE to change at the moment due to some personal things I'm trying to work out first (priorities, priorities).... so please don't come back and ask me why I haven't done anything. I'm only intending to ask those who might complain that nothing is getting done. :)

I do it all the time...that is, writing to officials, usually via email. I also complain all the time, but I figure if I'm taking action, I have the right to complain.:giggle:

I do it all the time...that is, writing to officials, usually via email. I also complain all the time, but I figure if I'm taking action, I have the right to complain.:giggle:

That's great to see someone who's actually taking steps to improve the world! I don't blame you for complaining, I really don't. I think you do have the right to at least get your point across!

That's great to see someone who's actually taking steps to improve the world! I don't blame you for complaining, I really don't. I think you do have the right to at least get your point across!

:ty:

You're welcome. :) By the way, out of curiosity, would you happen to know of any cause-specific websites that may offer easy ways to get in touch with local congressional members etc.? For some reason, even after 12+ years of using the internet and even following the guidelines for search engines, I never can find exactly what I'm looking for when I look for something that specific.

If you could help that would be great. :wave:

:lol: I love doing those too, sharing the opinions! :)

I have been trying to help the enviroments as much as I can, not only that, but also the ecomony, voting, etc. I have been buying American made stuff more often right now, also I have been spending most of my money for foods more, also I recycle more and I am planning to be a farmer with a huge greenhouse on my yard, also I have two room which are out for renting for cheap as possible to help people who have low income to have a home. I have been trying my best, and I am sure alot of others do the same :)

You're welcome. :) By the way, out of curiosity, would you happen to know of any cause-specific websites that may offer easy ways to get in touch with local congressional members etc.? For some reason, even after 12+ years of using the internet and even following the guidelines for search engines, I never can find exactly what I'm looking for when I look for something that specific.

If you could help that would be great. :wave:

NAD.org. They have an advocacy link and will forward the email to the appropriate Congressman and legislators based on your home state. That is, assuming you want deaf related issues.

NAD.org. They have an advocacy link and will forward the email to the appropriate Congressman and legislators based on your home state. That is, assuming you want deaf related issues.

Thanks! I do have a certain deaf-related issue in mind and I think this may be the place to start. :ty:

I try hard to steer clear of trying to change items of pure opinion, such as most discussions about religion, politics, men versus women, global warming, which celebrity is the most mindless, anti-American rants, et cetera. I only comment in these areas when I think the writer is completely irrational.

I try to change poor writing by exhaustive study and teaching what I know U.S print publishers want in spelling, punctuation, and grammar.

I teach people who are afraid of guns and can't hit the broad side of a barn to handle guns safely and with confidence and shoot accurately.

I am curing people who can't give reasonable accommodation to speech-readers, one person at a time.

Don't tell me I don't make a tiny difference in a very small way.

I try hard to steer clear of trying to change items of pure opinion, such as most discussions about religion, politics, men versus women, global warming, which celebrity is the most mindless, anti-American rants, et cetera. I only comment in these areas when I think the writer is completely irrational.

I try to change poor writing by exhaustive study and teaching what I know U.S print publishers want in spelling, punctuation, and grammar.

I teach people who are afraid of guns and can't hit the broad side of a barn to handle guns safely and with confidence and shoot accurately.

I am curing people who can't give reasonable accommodation to speech-readers, one person at a time.

Would never presume to do so, Chase. Change happens one person at a time.:aw:

Anti-American rants is no place here in Alldeaf Forum accord Alex´s rules because racist is not acceptance. If you feel it´s racist then report moderator or Admin.

sweetstarz, :ty: for create a good thread here.

I beleive that the debate with respectful agree to disagree is good education for all of us... to learn cons and pros over polities issues, social issues, deaf education, war issues, gun control, abortion, religion, etc..etc... and share different cultures.... as long as we do not take our different POV serious

I have been trying to help the enviroments as much as I can, not only that, but also the ecomony, voting, etc.

Ditto - I like to help people from different countries to see the sense but I have to respect their decision if they take my advice, suggestion or recommendation or not. Some people have hard to understand my POV over different cultures, etc. I´m polite and try my best to positive their misinterpret posts.

I have been buying American made stuff more often right now, also I have been spending most of my money for foods more, also I recycle more and I am planning to be a farmer with a huge greenhouse on my yard, also I have two room which are out for renting for cheap as possible to help people who have low income to have a home. I have been trying my best, and I am sure alot of others do the same :)

I´m surprised that you and I have same view on this. Yes I did the same thing as you as well.

Ditto - I like to help people from different countries to see the sense but I have to respect their decision if they take my advice, suggestion or recommendation or not. Some people have hard to understand my POV over different cultures, etc. I´m polite and try my best to positive their misinterpret posts.

Yupp, I am glad that you do the same thing :)

I´m surprised that you and I have same view on this. Yes I did the same thing as you as well.

Which one that you did the same thing?

Yupp, I am glad that you do the same thing :)

Which one that you did the same thing?

All!!! I mean almost ALL... You buy American stuff as the same as I buy German stuff including cars, I do homemade foods... , I also recycle a lot... I support enivornment-friendly fully. I have greenhouse in my garden... for vegetables and plenty fruit trees and bushes at my garden... We would help the people with low rent if we own other house or apartment but we dont´have one... I´m helpful person and like to help the people...

All!!! I mean almost ALL... You buy American stuff as the same as I buy German stuff including cars, I do homemade foods... , I also recycle a lot... I support enivornment-friendly fully. I have greenhouse in my garden... for vegetables and plenty fruit trees and bushes at my garden... We would help the people with low rent if we own other house or apartment but we dont´have one... I´m helpful person and like to help the people...

Wow! That's so cool! :D It does feel good to help others, I am not sure if you already watched this movie, Pay It Forward.

I'm sorry, my attempt to quote Liebling got messed up and I'm not sure how to fix it since I have very limited knowledge of HTML.... :(

Anti-American rants is no place here in Alldeaf Forum accord Alex´s rules because racist is not acceptance. If you feel it´s racist then report moderator or Admin.

First, anti-American and anti-U.S. attacks are not racist rants. Just shows the weak logic and total lack of understanding constantly shown.

Secondly, I comment on foolishness right here in public forum where it happens. I don't go crying for favoritism to moderators by private message.

Back